Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The best way to remove indented acne scars
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
hi everyone, i'm trying to find out what is the best method to get rid of indented acne scars. i was told by my derm that laser is not an option for me due to my complexion. she recommended microdermabrasion but said that there is a great risk of scarring from that procedure. so i am at a lost.
i have a few indented scars that i would like to get rid of, but i'm not sure what treatment i should seek. can anyone help me out?? has anyone had luck with any particular treatment.
thanks so much Smile
havana8

Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
There is a similar thread to this one that might help you out...
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29806&highlight=302
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
There is a similar thread to this one that might help you out...
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29806&highlight=302

thanks havana8, i'd be sure to check it out.
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
hi, ive been using a dermaroller on some deep acne scars ive had for about 10 years and i cant believe my eyes, the skin looks almost completely normal and ive only been rolling for 2 weeks!

i have tried everything before this, laser resurfacing and peels but the scars were always still there, some pitted some dark red, anyway now you can hardly see there was anything there. i am only using a .75 mm roller and have been putting retin a on after, sometimes 302 products too, and supercop sometimes.

i am not very disciplined with my regimes so the rolling and application of products is not every night or day, more intermittent, every few days

i am very excited to have such a great result after only a couple of weeks, ive had no pain, no expense and a much better result than anything ive tried before
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
ellie213 wrote:
hi, ive been using a dermaroller on some deep acne scars ive had for about 10 years and i cant believe my eyes, the skin looks almost completely normal and ive only been rolling for 2 weeks!

i have tried everything before this, laser resurfacing and peels but the scars were always still there, some pitted some dark red, anyway now you can hardly see there was anything there. i am only using a .75 mm roller and have been putting retin a on after, sometimes 302 products too, and supercop sometimes.

i am not very disciplined with my regimes so the rolling and application of products is not every night or day, more intermittent, every few days

i am very excited to have such a great result after only a couple of weeks, ive had no pain, no expense and a much better result than anything ive tried before

thanks for the response ellie213. i've heard about dermarolling but i'm not familiar with the procedure. can u tell me what it is and how u go about it??
thanks.
havana8

Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Here are the main Dermaroller threads, dm26, with the first one being the biggie. You'll need beverages to get through that one! Laughing

Dermaroller
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22460&highlight=dermarolling

Discounted Dermarollars for EDS Members
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392&highlight=dermarolling

CIT/Dermarolling Articles and Presentations
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29860&highlight=dermarolling

Report: What has the DERMAROLLER done for you.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29250&highlight=dermarolling

p.s. Welcome to EDS!
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Here are the main Dermaroller threads, dm26, with the first one being the biggie. You'll need beverages to get through that one! Laughing

Dermaroller
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22460&highlight=dermarolling

Discounted Dermarollars for EDS Members
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392&highlight=dermarolling

CIT/Dermarolling Articles and Presentations
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29860&highlight=dermarolling

Report: What has the DERMAROLLER done for you.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29250&highlight=dermarolling

p.s. Welcome to EDS!

thanks alot havana8, u have been very helpful. i've viewed these links and all i can say about dermarolling is that while some seem to have good results, i dont find the idea of rolling needles into my face very appealing. i'm too chicken to try this.
i'm looking into dermal fillers like restylane. i know they're not permanent but does anyone know how effective they are with regards to diminishing indented scars?
Artic_Mama
5% products discount

Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:30 am      Reply with quote
ACK! I keep reading about this and I can't fathom how it doesn't hurt! I have this instant recoil from any product that has to damage skin to make it healthier >_<

Someone please tell me it doesn't hurt at all and won't give me massive scarring that will make my acne and acne scars worse, because right now I am cringing and toe-curling just THINKING about it!

(then again, I did spend all afternoon getting poked for lab work - maybe on a less needle-traumatizing day?!)

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:42 am      Reply with quote
it doesnt hurt, more tickles, depends what length needles you use

the one i use i dont get any bleeding, just a bit of redness which goes down after a few hours so if i do it at night by the morning my face looks fine

i have also noticed this morning that some fine lines i had around my eyes have completely gone

fillers only last a few months and dont solve the problem, plus you are still having needles go into your face!
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:32 am      Reply with quote
ellie213 wrote:
it doesnt hurt, more tickles, depends what length needles you use

the one i use i dont get any bleeding, just a bit of redness which goes down after a few hours so if i do it at night by the morning my face looks fine

i have also noticed this morning that some fine lines i had around my eyes have completely gone

fillers only last a few months and dont solve the problem, plus you are still having needles go into your face!

wow ellie213, u make it sound really good!! i'm actually considering it now.
the reason why i was thinking about dermal fillers is beacause the procedure has minimal scarring and recovery time with immediate results. thats what i was looking for. i know its not permanent though.
anyway, i've been using obagi nu derm for a month now. do u think it's a good idea to derma roll while using these products? obagi doesn't help with indented scars which is why i'm trying to explore procedures with regard to this problem.
ellie213, when u derma roll do u just roll the areas of ur face that are scarred or do u roll ur entire face? does derma rolling also help smoothe skin texture? and do u think it's a good idea to do this while on obagi products? sorry for all the questions but it would be a great help if i had this info.
thanks alot.
jag
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I had microdermabrasion done about 5x last year. It made my skin very smooth but it didn't really even out the skin tone or anything so I don't know how effective it would be with acne scars.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
ellie213: which deraroller do have and needle size?I have the sissy size fro leaf and rusher, you can hardly see the points,my poor teenage daughter has started to scar fro acne and I am wondering which one would be good for her. Crying or Very sad
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
jag wrote:
Hi, I had microdermabrasion done about 5x last year. It made my skin very smooth but it didn't really even out the skin tone or anything so I don't know how effective it would be with acne scars.

hi jag, my derm said i could try microdermabrasion, but she also told me that she has seen lots of people scar from the procedure so i'm a bit afraid to try it. i have an olive complexion, which according to my derm, is more susceptible to scarring. i'm exploring my options and still trying to find which procedure would be best for my skin type.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |