Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
ACIDS & SkinCareCentral...........
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:58 am      Reply with quote
i am thinking of trying the mandelic acid from there. Wonder how effective they are? or any other place that you can recommend.

I want to remove some pigmentation near the mouth area. (chin and corner of lips downwards, and maybe some upper lip). Its not bad pigmentation more like uneven skintone to rest of my face there. like a light dark shadow. any ideas?

and please tell me about the acids from their website. how effective were they and did it work for you etc?
thanks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I use the 15% Mandelic/Lactic acid from skincarecentral and am happy with it. I have melasma and am sensitive to retinoids. I find I can tolerate the Mandelic/Lactic when used every other to every third night without major irritation and/or peeling. It has helped with clearing some clogged pores and lightening (but not clearing) hyperpigmentation. It plumps my skin up (most hydrating acids available from what I understand). I have to be careful not to use too close to undereye area or I end up dry/crepey there.

HTH.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:22 am      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
i am thinking of trying the mandelic acid from there. Wonder how effective they are? or any other place that you can recommend.

I want to remove some pigmentation near the mouth area. (chin and corner of lips downwards, and maybe some upper lip). Its not bad pigmentation more like uneven skintone to rest of my face there. like a light dark shadow. any ideas?

and please tell me about the acids from their website. how effective were they and did it work for you etc?
thanks.

Heres a good definition with a written reference on mandelic from the cosmetics cop website, which may help you to make an informed decision.

mandelic acid. Alpha hydroxy acid, also known as amygdalic acid. There is scant research showing this to be an effective alternative to other AHAs, though it does have germicidal activity. Unlike glycolic acid, mandelic acid is light-sensitive and should be packaged in an opaque container (Source: Handbook of Cosmetic and Personal Care Additives, Second Edition, volume 2, Synapse Information Resources, 2002).
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
anyone else bought the mandelic or any other acid from there?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have purchased mandelic from them before, but it looks like the formula may have changed. I don't remember mine having any lactic acid in it. I was looking for a cheaper version of Vivant mandelic, and their product fit the bill! It did not have the silky feel like Vivant, but it lightened my hyperpigmentation, which is why I bought it! Their mandelic is sourced from Garden of Wisdom.

I have also purchased samples of the 10% lactic acid liquid, but found it too irritating, mostly because I would fall asleep during wait time, and therefore didn't wash it off when I should have! The lactic acids are sourced from Professional Solutions.

Their sunscreens are excellent, and customer service is superb!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |