Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

TEA BAGS
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I thought I read this somewhere, but I can not find it. I have a massive pimple under the skin (probably cystic acne-not sure because I really don't experience them to know the difference) but at any rate, it is on my chin and it is extremely painful. I always think I can release them by sterilizing a needle and inserting it, however in this case...nothing came out. I am sure that I just shoved it farther into the skin. But what to do now? It is making my whole jaw sore. I thought I read somewhere that people put tea bags on them to help either draw it out, or relieve the pain? I put neosporin on it last night, but that only helped a little. I need it to dry up or come out. Any quick tips for help? My sweetie is coming home soon, and I don't want him to come home to a FREAK! Thanks Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Try some ice to reduce the swelling/pain. I also like to spot treat with a sulfur mask. I like DDF, proactiv makes a good one also but if you need to run out and get something at the drug store Queen Helen Mint mask (although I find this one too irritating).
I know its hard but IME its best to leave these type of pimples alone because they usually end up looking worse.
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:19 am      Reply with quote
bergquis, it does sound like it may be cystic.....if that's the case, definitely don't squeeze or apply any pressure (and believe me, I'm speaking from way too much experience). I'm not sure about the tea bags, but try also icing it. It won't make it come to a head or anything, but may help with the swelling. You may want to consider going into the dermatologist for a cortisone shot. I haven't had one myself (unfortunately I learned about them after my long bout with cystic acne), but I have heard that they work wonders in a very short time. Good luck...HTH!!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Try hot compresses a couple of times per day to help draw it out!
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
That's so annoying! I hate cystic pimples so much. Right now I have one in the middle of my chest. I have a whole battle plan for them. I alternate putting honey, zinc ointment, and PSF acne mud on it. The honey's the best, and that's probably the easiest to get on short notice. The PSF acne mud dries it and draws it out, and both the honey and zinc disinfect and calm/heal. Good luck! If nothing else, get some honey to dab on it.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue
you peaked my curiosity on the honey thing. I hear lots of people talk about honey for facial things, but have never tried it. Funny thing, I usually never have honey...but I just went to the store and something told me, "buy some honey", at the time I was thinking more for some toast...but now you post this. Can you tell me a little more about the honey and what does it do to this nasty babies?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Berq, I think you are thinking of green tea bags which have an antiseptic effect.

Here is a link for you:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/122684/use_green_tea_to_help_prevent_acne.html?cat=68

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany~ that is exactly what I was thinking of (read before) thank you. I guess my idea to put a warm Lipton tea bag on it this morning was not exactly helping anything! Confused Oh well. I am sitting here with a big glob of honey on it now.....it does feel better, but now it is really read around it....but as long as I can cover it, then I should be okay. Thanks for the post- I do have green tea bags as well..

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hang in there...those deep ones can REALLY hurt.

Just don't put anything TOO warm on it like I once did...you end up with a burn on top of a zit, and the whole thing ends up 3x bigger than it was to start with! Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Berquis! I agree with the others--- the best and fastest thing you can do to make that sucker go away is to go to the doctor's office and get a cortisone injection. It's not as scary as it sounds and it starts to work within hours--- talk about sweet relief!!! However, if you are hoping to extract it, I have had lots of luck using hot herbal tea compresses, which is a trick my beloved aesthetician taught me. My favorite ones to use are these:

http://www.katescaringgifts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ZT_RED_LAVENDER_22&Category_Code=ZHENA_TEA

(Don't forget to use the code EDS for a 20% discount!)

I add hot water to a few of these bags and use them as warm compresses. The lavender is antibacterial which helps keep the darn thing from getting worse. Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Honey is great at calming things down. It's antibacterial but it's not drying at all. When it comes into contact with water (skin's moisture is enough) honey releases a low level of hydrogen peroxide but it's not harmful at all because of all the wonderful properties of honey. It's weird, but I just trust it that honey's great. Sometimes honey can actually shrink the pimples.

It's not a miracle cure, it's not going to work as quick as the cortisone shot but it's a nice gentle remedy. If it already made the pimple hurt less then I already see it as succeeding Smile

bergquis wrote:
Bethany~ that is exactly what I was thinking of (read before) thank you. I guess my idea to put a warm Lipton tea bag on it this morning was not exactly helping anything! Confused Oh well. I am sitting here with a big glob of honey on it now.....it does feel better, but now it is really read around it....but as long as I can cover it, then I should be okay. Thanks for the post- I do have green tea bags as well..
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
Honey is great at calming things down. It's antibacterial but it's not drying at all. When it comes into contact with water (skin's moisture is enough) honey releases a low level of hydrogen peroxide but it's not harmful at all because of all the wonderful properties of honey. It's weird, but I just trust it that honey's great. Sometimes honey can actually shrink the pimples.

Honey is an anti-inflammatory, as well as antibacterial....I had no idea until I did a little research after Nimue raved about it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Honey is an anti-inflammatory, as well as antibacterial....I had no idea until I did a little research after Nimue raved about it.

That too! It's definitely a great anti-inflammatory remedy. Very Happy Did my enthusiam for honey make you try it?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:46 am      Reply with quote
My solution has always been Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. It clears up painful under-the-skin pimples very effectively.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
bethany wrote:

That too! It's definitely a great anti-inflammatory remedy. Very Happy Did my enthusiam for honey make you try it?

I haven't yet, but I probably will! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Don't poke and prod at it constantly! You will just irritate it and spread bacteria.

A topical corticosteroid cream is VERY effective in this sort of situation.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
What helps me the most is ice (anti-inflammatory) to bring the swelling down and high frequency ( that helps the most) to either dissolve it or to bring to it's head.

Green tea, honey, all the masks, black tea, bacitracin, cortisone creams unfortunately do not do much for me.

Also helpful is A-boost from 302 skincare.

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Is the A-boost effective when you just put it on the pimple or do you just use it all over for a preventative measure?

sigma wrote:
What helps me the most is ice (anti-inflammatory) to bring the swelling down and high frequency ( that helps the most) to either dissolve it or to bring to it's head.

Green tea, honey, all the masks, black tea, bacitracin, cortisone creams unfortunately do not do much for me.

Also helpful is A-boost from 302 skincare.

HTH,
Lucy.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I use it all over the face - it is surprisingly good. It makes everything heal faster, and brings things to the surface. I am trying the Acne Drops right now, and do not like it so far , not nearly as effective as A boost.

HTH,
Lucy.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |