Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eyelash extensions
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone had eyelash extensions done? I saw someone this morning who looked absolutely incredible!! I'd never heard of it before and wonder if it's expensive or how long it lasts???
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have not done it but my daughter has. She looked very lovely with it at first, but after two weeks, the lashes started to fall out and you could see gaps of missing lashes. She had a refill every two to three weeks at $50 each, so it was very expensive. After a few refills, she could not have them done any more because all her real lashes fell off with the fake ones that were glued on to the real lashes. She only had tiny thin short new lashes left, and they were not strong enough for the extensions to be glued on. The first extension cost her $150 plus tips. It seems a very expensive venture.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
They look great- but are not good long term as they promote fall out of your real lashes as they fall off themselves.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's great for special occasions. It costs a lot of money, and the effect after they fall out is not something you want long term, but I think for special occasions, why not?
Zoey

Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I think I would stick to false eyelashes for special occasions. The extensions seem scary!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:34 am      Reply with quote
There are a lot of drugstores that sell these natural looking eyelashes. I saw some good ones at Walmart too. Don't know how long they last, but I am sure that when done right, it will look great (though I never get a chance to try one of these Smile I use lots of maskara though...

Dahli wrote:
Has anyone had eyelash extensions done? I saw someone this morning who looked absolutely incredible!! I'd never heard of it before and wonder if it's expensive or how long it lasts???
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
a salon in my area is doing the full effect for $50 and $10 for refills and if you want the butterfly effect (on the ends only) its $25 with $1 per lash refill.
I am tempted to try the butterfly effect, but so many people I know lost their own lashes with these!
amber23
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Don't do it! Eyelash extensions look great for a very short while and then they start to shed along with your own lashes. Also, they are a nightmare to keep clean. I had extensions done a few times and ended up hating them. Also, ended up with very sparse lashes. Just not worth it.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Eye lash conditioner might be a good option instead of extensions. I used it, and my own lashes grew quite long. In a hair salon where I go and where they do eye lash extensions professionally I was asked if I had fake lashes. And I had my very own lashes!!! I need to coat them with mascara though. My hairdresser was so thrilled that she asked me for a product name, so that she could order it herself.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:17 am      Reply with quote
amber23 wrote:
Don't do it! Eyelash extensions look great for a very short while and then they start to shed along with your own lashes. Also, they are a nightmare to keep clean. I had extensions done a few times and ended up hating them. Also, ended up with very sparse lashes. Just not worth it.

I agreed! I tried it once and it lasted for 1-2 weeks only!
Then, I used RL which works very well.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if this helps but I get my eyelashes permed by a Japanese expert (the Japanese seem really ahead on eyelash stuff) and she was planning on going back to Japan to get trained at eyelash extensions. But 1-2 years later, though she has been to Japan, she decided not to do eyelash extensions as she's a great believer in improving eyelashes and she's decided that in her opinion, the condition of your natural lashes detiorates. Now given her skill at eyelash curling (and no doubt she'd have made a lot of money with eyelash extensions), I trust her judgement. I had been planning getting some in the corners of my eyes but won't consider it now.

I've had great results with a mixture of eyelash perming and just putting conditioner on my eyelashes. I also had really long lashes when I took capsules which were HA and MSM combined but they were a bit freakily long, so I stopped.
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Well I wonder if it matters what kind you get. The woman who does my nails has them and swears by them! She is encouraging me to go get trained - says it's the next big thing...
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
i had tried it from both salon and stucked by my friend...both effects are not good and i think it is not suitable for everyone as the effect is very depended on your lash texture and the direction they grow....the effect on me is not natural and easily to drop out....lasting not too long....i prefer mascara~
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Dahli wrote:
Well I wonder if it matters what kind you get. The woman who does my nails has them and swears by them! She is encouraging me to go get trained - says it's the next big thing...

It is costly to maintain. If you want to become a technician who does this, it could be lucrative for you. You will have clients coming back for more every two weeks.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Nah, leave it for the high-maintenance SoBe babes!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:15 am      Reply with quote
One of my friend did it two month ago.It's incredibly long,and make my friend lovely.But it could not last for a long time.Fortunately,it's not so expensive in Beijing.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:17 am      Reply with quote
it's really popular in Asia I think and you can get them done for really cheap. My cousin did more natural eyelashes and they look great. I've seen some girls with over the top thick lashes and I dont think they look nice for everyday look.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:19 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
I dont think they look nice for everyday look.

But it's fantastic on photo.And some of them are not too sick,it's looks natural.
Magica
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I'd advise you not to do it. I'm currently growing out my own lashes after completely ruining them with extensions. I started getting them done in July and stopped in October after seeing what they were doing to my poor innocent eyelashes. Laughing
They got really, really short, fine and had gaps. As a result of them being so short, the extensions wouldn't have much to cling onto, would fall off and so I'd have to have them done even more often.
They looked pretty bad for a while, but after five weeks of using Revitalash, my own lashes are actually almost as long as the extensions were. Very Happy
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I would like to have one of those eyelash extension too, but it does cost money.
What about things we can do to make our lashes look "longer". Anyone? Smile

Dahli wrote:
kar126
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I had it done before it cost me about $40 CAD and it lasted one week barely.
It was a pain to remove them too, you had to go back to the spa and have them remove it for you with a special solution...
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
I did it once for a fashion show and it was a terrible experience for me: I got allergic reaction to the glue Crying or Very sad My eyes were sensitive for a few weeks after and I couldn't even open them for they swelled up. I have a pictures with the eyelash extensions right after they made them for me and it looks great, but unfortunately I can't use them.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Limelitz is having promotion for X'mas season!!

Lash extension at $80 + Eyebrow shaping(FOC)
**Bring a friend along to enjoy Lash extension at 50% off.

Japanese Lash perm @ $40 + Eyebrow shaping(FOC)
**We using latest technique from Japan.

WE still provide other services like lash perm,eyebrow tint,lash tint,facial,make-over etc...Our therapist is very professional,graduate from cosmosprof & school of make up,work in some big beauty spa company before started herself...For more details kindly call 96492282 Pauline/ 90018700 Sally
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's worth it. I have a friend who got hers done and she looks absolutely incredible. With fake eyelashes you can see the line where the lashes adhere but with the extensions there was no line. They looked so natural, if I had money to splurge I would get them as well. It's costly though.
jandarling
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
i once did eyelash extension, and i took it off few days later. reason being, i could not properly remove my eye makeup after the extension, fearful that my eye makeup remover would cause the lashes to fall off. If you dun apply eye makeup, it's good to try.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |