Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone here using the garlic method to remove moles?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:30 am      Reply with quote
I was browsing the internet for natural ways to minimize or remove moles the other day and found a lot of people happy with the garlic method on various forums. It works like this: you first rough up the mole a little by rubbing it with sandpaper or even poking it with a needle to improve absorption of the garlic. You then rub garlic directly on the mole from anywhere from 2-10 minutes. Then, most people will cut a small piece of garlic, put it on top of the mole and put a little band-aid on top of it and go to bed. When they wake up, they remove the band-aid/garlic and pour some hydrogen peroxide on the mole to prevent infection and keep the area clean.

There were so many people raving about this that I had to try it. I've had a light, slightly raised mole on my arm that I've been using this method on for two days and it's starting to get hard and has even became smaller. You're supposed to apply the garlic until it scabs and then for an additional day or two, then just use scar-reducing patches, tea tree oil, or a couple of other different things. If this thing works I'm going to be very surprised. People have said that after treating the mole they only see some light-pinkish skin which eventually fades.

Has anyone else tried this? This might be a really cheap way to get rid of moles.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I havent tried this for moles, no. But I did rub 2 very very stubborn warts with garlic.. and I was AMAZED that they finally left.

I had been stuck with them for years and spent a lot of money on trying to get rid of them.

But I chopped some garlic and put it in a sticking plaster and strapped it on my finger. It burned like crazy, and some of the skin peeled. It was red.

Later, like about a week later, I happened to notice "NO WARTS!"
Wow. What a great result.
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Are the moles they're applying the garlic to/using this method raised or flush with the skin? Keep us posted on your progress, please!
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:49 am      Reply with quote
A couple of years ago, I ordered and used a mole removal paste that I found because it was raved about here on EDS. I think it was called "It Works" paste; I just tried to Google it, but can't find it. Well, the paste really did work. And I bet it was mostly garlic! The process for the paste is just what has been described for the garlic (only the paste worked quicker). Wish I had known. I would have saved my money.

BTW, at the same time that I used the paste to remove my three moles, a friend went to the doctor to have some of her moles removed. She was too chicken to use the paste (it was a little scary because who knew what was in the paste; I was a bit afraid to use it myself). She paid a $100 per mole. Shock In the end, she has prominent scars where each mole was removed. Only one of my three removed moles left a scar, and it is not as bad as any of hers. Unless you're concerned with skin cancer, I would not choose the surgical method.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Some weeks ago I treated five moles with "Itworkspaste". All the moles are gone, and I am currently treating the remaining pink marks with emu oil in order to minimize the risk of scars. So far I am very pleased with the results. I have told about my progress in this thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29265&highlight=itworkspaste+plaster

"Itworkspaste" does not contain garlic.

Ingredients list:
No oils or acids - unlike other products: No bloodroot; preparation from plant extract: Cashew nut (common name); CommonFig/Ficus Carica; Tetterwort/Chelidonium Jajus; citrus lemon, de-ionized water, Talc.

http://www.hid-n-discoveries.com/ItWorksPaste.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I've also heard of using baking soda and castor oil for moles and there are people who have had success with it. They make a paste out of just baking soda and castor oil. I came across this when I was researching castor oil.
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl, any pain or problem with the paste or when the mole was coming off? I want to try it on a mole I've had my entire life, but I'm sure it's in the skin pretty good....I'm so afraid to try it, but really want to!
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:55 am      Reply with quote
msaries1 wrote:
Septembergirl, any pain or problem with the paste or when the mole was coming off? I want to try it on a mole I've had my entire life, but I'm sure it's in the skin pretty good....I'm so afraid to try it, but really want to!

Hi. When the mole is treated, a scab will be forming and fall off within 1 - 3 weeks. During this period I think it's important to protect the wound with a band-aid or small bandage (nothing too tight) in order to prevent the scab falling off too early.

I had this problem with one of the moles. The scab fell off before the wound was healed. Now a new scab is forming, and I might get a scar. It's no pain involved. I regard this method to be very safe as long as you make sure that the moles are not pre-cancerous.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for clarifying, Septembergirl!

msaries1: One other word of caution is that the paste needs to be used soon after ordering it. That's what the directions say when it arrives. You can't order it and plan to store it for a couple of months until you are ready. I guess it dries out quickly.

The directions call for scratching and poking the mole with a needle (which they provide) before applying the paste. It's not comfortable, but the more you scratch and irritate the mole, the better the paste will work.

The scab is kind of uglier than normal scabs. So, if the mole is in a visible place (e.g., face, neck, etc.), time it for when you don't have an important event in the next 3 weeks. Once the scab is gone, it heals pretty quick. They sent a healing cream with mine (it contained emu oil) that helped with healing.

msaries1 wrote:

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if this would work on children? My son has a rather large mole right in the center of his back. It looks fine and we have a dermatologist appointment just to make sure. I'm not sure they'll want to remove it but I thought I'd try the home method.

Does the skin heal and look like the surrounding skin?
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:52 am      Reply with quote
It worked. Shock As of today I am looking not at a mole but at some pinkish skin that is about to turn into a scar. I'd much rather have a scar than a mole.

Here's how it went.. last Wednesday I rubbed some sandpaper against the mole to rough it up for about two minutes, and I stopped just before it was about to start bleeding. I then cleaned it off and took some Vaseline and rubbed a Q-tip in it, and applied Vaseline to the skin outside of the mole. I'm not sure if this step was necessary but it seemed like it would prevent some irritation of the surrounding skin. I then got some crushed (not minced) garlic (the kind that comes in a jar) and crushed a little piece more with my hands to get some juice out. I rubbed this piece against the mole for two minutes or so. Then I took a Q-tip and put it right in the jar to get garlic juice on it and rubbed this Q-tip on the mole for ten minutes. After that I took a small piece of garlic, put it right on the mole and put a latex-free bandage on it. I slept, took it off in the morning and poured some hydrogen peroxide on it to prevent infection.

Thursday-Sunday, I would first clean the area and then put some Vaseline around it. Then I'd take a Q-tip, rub it in the jar of garlic (mostly in the juice that accumulates at the bottom) and put it on the mole for ten minutes. I would let it soak and occasionally twist it around a little on top of the mole to make sure it penetrated it well. Then I'd clean the area, put a little piece of garlic on the mole and a bandage over that and sleep. Wake up, take the bandage off and pour some hydrogen peroxide on it. Towards the later days, little pieces of the mole would fall off when I rubbed it with a Q-tip. It got smaller and smaller.

Today (Monday) the mole is gone. I'm just going to keep putting a bandage on it and look for scar-reducing bandages to use next time I go to the store.

It's supposedly very important to make sure that all of the mole is gone, and I think I saw some remaining bits around the outside of it, so I might have to do it again just to grab those parts. Someone referred to a mole as having layers - if all of it isn't gone after the first time, keep doing it until it is. But it might just be some skin that's about to fall off, I can't tell at this point.

I do still have a few concerns. I wonder if the mole will just come back? Only time will tell, and I'll post in a few weeks and months just to keep this updated. I wonder if this is dangerous in any way? It doesn't seem like it at all, since the healing properties of garlic have been known for thousands of years, but an opinion from a doctor would be nice. I probably won't use hydrogen peroxide every day if I do it on another mole because it says on the bottle to not use it for more than a week in a row. Maybe I'll just clean it with soap and water. Also, as a general disclaimer, get any moles checked out by a dermatologist first.
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:55 am      Reply with quote
msaries1 wrote:
Are the moles they're applying the garlic to/using this method raised or flush with the skin? Keep us posted on your progress, please!

Mine was slightly raised and pretty light, but still noticable.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:28 am      Reply with quote
SourApple - interesting to learn that garlic can remove moles, not only repel vampires.

The directions for the home remedy "itworkspaste" say to treat the remaining parts of the mole one more time if there is something left after the first treatment. Keep us posted about this mole!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I might try this. only problem is last time I used a mole remover, it mole was only gone temporary. The skin bubbled up to its original mole size after a few months.

garlic is cheap to buy so its worth giving a shot.
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Sourapple, I'm cringing reading your post! It sounds like it hurts! I'm not sure I could handle the sandpaper thing against the mole. Mine is also raised, but very dark and it's been with me since....ugh, ever since I can remember. I'm wondering if the it works past might be easier...to de-mole or not to de-mole is the question. Sorry, couldn't resist Rolling Eyes
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:05 am      Reply with quote
I am unsure as to how the garlic method functions on the moles.

I felt that "Itworkspaste" was highly corroding, and the mole was converted to a wound that needed several weeks to heal and form a scab. If the scab/mole falls off too early, it will leave a hole in your skin that might very well end up in a scar (therefore very important to protect the wound). I believe the paste is designed for working in depth because the mole is growing from a deep layer in the skin.

The garlic method seems to be working more superficially. I am curious to hear if the mole really can be removed permanently with this method, or if it's going to grow back.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:41 am      Reply with quote
msaries1 wrote:
Sourapple, I'm cringing reading your post! It sounds like it hurts! I'm not sure I could handle the sandpaper thing against the mole. Mine is also raised, but very dark and it's been with me since....ugh, ever since I can remember. I'm wondering if the it works past might be easier...to de-mole or not to de-mole is the question. Sorry, couldn't resist Rolling Eyes

On another forum it was suggested that you use a small needle to poke at the mole. I couldn't handle that so I just got a tiny bit of sandpaper, folded to be about the size of the mole and rubbed it very carefully (well, as carefully as I could) only over the mole. I put some vaseline around the mole also and I think that helped.
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
I am unsure as to how the garlic method functions on the moles.

I felt that "Itworkspaste" was highly corroding, and the mole was converted to a wound that needed several weeks to heal and form a scab. If the scab/mole falls off too early, it will leave a hole in your skin that might very well end up in a scar (therefore very important to protect the wound). I believe the paste is designed for working in depth because the mole is growing from a deep layer in the skin.

The garlic method seems to be working more superficially. I am curious to hear if the mole really can be removed permanently with this method, or if it's going to grow back.

I also have no idea. I know garlic is also supposed to take care of warts and skin tags though. What's interesting is that where the mole was, there's a crater there - sounds pretty gross, but I believe it penetrated a few layers deep and got all of the mole. Two days later, I don't see any traces of the mole remaining. It also doesn't seem as deep as it did two or three days ago.

I hope it doesn't grow back, and long-term results that I've seen on the internet have been mixed.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing this tip. It sounds a bit painful when I think about rubbing the mole with sandpaper but that's because I was thinking about the mole on my face. Body moles probably won't hurt too much. I will have to try.
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:44 am      Reply with quote
As far as the garlic; how do you deal with the odor afterward? Or does it quickly go away??
cchan2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
SourApple wrote:
I was browsing the internet for natural ways to minimize or remove moles the other day and found a lot of people happy with the garlic method on various forums. It works like this: you first rough up the mole a little by rubbing it with sandpaper or even poking it with a needle to improve absorption of the garlic. You then rub garlic directly on the mole from anywhere from 2-10 minutes. Then, most people will cut a small piece of garlic, put it on top of the mole and put a little band-aid on top of it and go to bed. When they wake up, they remove the band-aid/garlic and pour some hydrogen peroxide on the mole to prevent infection and keep the area clean.

There were so many people raving about this that I had to try it. I've had a light, slightly raised mole on my arm that I've been using this method on for two days and it's starting to get hard and has even became smaller. You're supposed to apply the garlic until it scabs and then for an additional day or two, then just use scar-reducing patches, tea tree oil, or a couple of other different things. If this thing works I'm going to be very surprised. People have said that after treating the mole they only see some light-pinkish skin which eventually fades.

Has anyone else tried this? This might be a really cheap way to get rid of moles.

Sounds dangerous. I would consult a doctor for mole removal. Idea
janifa

Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Many people make embarrassing visits to the doctor for removing moles. But everyone does not have same skin.
Could you suggest me if it is possible to use garlic method to any type of skins?
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Gayle wrote:
As far as the garlic; how do you deal with the odor afterward? Or does it quickly go away??

I did not notice the odor after I put a band-aid on top of it. Neither did anyone else. If I was going out I'd spritz some perfume on.
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:01 am      Reply with quote
cchan2009 wrote:

Sounds dangerous. I would consult a doctor for mole removal. Idea

The only reason I did this one is because I've had it for life, it has even edges and color, and has not changed at all. I do agree with you, get any mole checked out before doing this, but I don't have the money to have every mole removed professionally.

A week later the "crater" that it left is gone. The scar is now even with the level of the rest of my skin and it's light pink and hardly noticable. Looks like it's going to fade like any other scar, unless it grows back.
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:01 am      Reply with quote
janifa wrote:
Many people make embarrassing visits to the doctor for removing moles. But everyone does not have same skin.
Could you suggest me if it is possible to use garlic method to any type of skins?

I don't know. I have normal-oily skin (not sensitive at all).
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |