Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Nose Pore Frustration
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
My nose pores have always been congested but are much better since using the Clarisonic (as best I can on the nose), a "microdermabrasion sponge" to get into the folds and dermafile to help with the flakies. I do use an extractor tool as a preventative similar to this one by Sephora:
Sephora Double-Ended Blemish Extractor
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P0417
I find I need to use this on my nose pores as a preventative. I approach the pores sideways with the flat side and just press down (no popping), excess comes out and helps clear the pore. But I still am frustrated.

There was a product posted here on EDS that was recommended over Biore pore strips for the nose pores called Beyond Belief Clean Pore Nose Peel sold at Sally's Beauty - but there's not one near me and I haven't found it elsewhere... I'd like to try it!
Anyone who can find it, I would definitely reimburse you for getting it and mailing it to me!!!
Or if you can find it for sale online, that would great as well

Of course, I'm open to other suggestions - products, etc. I'd love to hear how others handle nasal pores. What works best?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:42 am      Reply with quote
i have heard the mario badescu silver powder is great for clearing pores, it is made of magnesium and zinc oxides, and is a bit hard to remove without a toner... it is only $15 and worth a try, the reviews on mua are quite good.

you can get a lot of biore products from sasa.com, also try ebay.

when you mean by congestion, do you mean dark pores from oxidised sebum or actual white head pimples?
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:31 am      Reply with quote
I have tried various products with AHA and BHA to get rid of blackheads on my nose without any luck. What really helped, was Dermalogica Renewal Booster, which contains both AHA, BHA, sulfur and plant extracts. It's the best product I have come across to keep pores clean. I saw results after two - three weeks of use.

Dermalogica Skin Renewal Booster
Description:
An exfoliating complex of hydroxy acids and soothing plant extracts to actively loosen dead surface debris, smooth the skin and improve texture.

Benefits:
Promotes exfoliation of the skin, which leads to improved hydration and skin texture. Loosens surface debris to help minimize breakouts and skin congestion. Stimulates new skin cell production, leading to increased skin flexibility and smoothness.

Ingredients:
Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Lactic Acid, PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Isodecyl Salicylate, Sulfur, Salicylic Acid, Sodium PCA. Extracts of: Cornflower, Lemon, Bitter Orange Flower, Matricaria, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/dermalogica-skin-renewal-p_1520.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
when you mean by congestion, do you mean dark pores from oxidised sebum or actual white head pimples?

Pores are not usually dark, but they look congested as in looking bigger than usual and also like there is stuff waiting to come out. Often if I use the edge of a blemish extractor, I can force stuck sebum out. Sometimes the white squiggles that others describe or sometimes just a little bit all of which I scrape onto a tissue and then proceed to other pores.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have both dark pores (blackheads) and clogged looking pores with sebum (I guess that what it is) sticking out on my nose & chin area. Sad I try to extract them (squeezing or using the bobbie pin) or sometimes use tweezers to pluck it out.

I've had some progress with the blackheads using KH products but they still persist (such stubborn buggers). Some that are no longer dark, now look like those congested pores; I'm not sure why that is.

Can you explain what is oxygenated sebum? Is that the blackhead or clogged pore? Would you know the difference in both and why we have one or the other?
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I meant "oxidized" sebum instead of oxygenated (word I made up).
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
oxidized sebum is the "blackhead" My understanding is when it gets "oxidized" it is turning the color of black. Now my question is, why do some get oxidized? and then some are clogged pores? I don't understand the process.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
Hi
oxidized sebum is the "blackhead" My understanding is when it gets "oxidized" it is turning the color of black. Now my question is, why do some get oxidized? and then some are clogged pores? I don't understand the process.

Exactly!! That's my question too!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:36 am      Reply with quote
It's a strange thing: my clogged nose pores. I have dry skin and don't get many breakouts at all on my face (any are strictly due to hormonal imbalance). Clarisonic has helped my nose pores a lot but they still get congested.

I try not to be harsh on my nose because then, in addition to clogged pores, I get flakies!!! So maybe it's that my nose is even dryer than the rest of my skin and is trying moisturize itself and the natural oil is getting clogged in the nose pores. What ever it is it's frustrating!

I alternate doing a 30% NCN Pro Pumpkin Peel with a DIY company's aspirin mask weekly (or even a bit more than a week - really when I remember to do it - I'm not on a "schedule" so it usually ends up being every 1 1/2 weeks or so). I do apply the masks to my nose. I think doing anything more aggressive to my nose would be too drying as if I am too aggressive, my nose flakes and it also doesn't seem to additionally help my nose pores.

I've gotten some recommendations on another board: NIA24, Eluage, Bare Escentuals night treatment, etc.

I did stop in Sephora today on a whirlwind ride thru a list of to-dos and racing against the clock to make it to a birthday dinner in time. I couldn't get a sample of the BE night treatment because of the way it is packaged - buffer on top of container thingie:
http://store.bareescentuals.com/RareMinerals+Nighttime+Treatment/MasterRareMinTmnt,default,pd.html?cgid=
But I got a sample of Skyn Iceland Nordic Skin Peel which contains lactic acid
http://www.skyniceland.com/products/item.php?item_id=23
The sales person recommended this as it is more gentle than salicylic, etc. and can be used up to 3 times a week (I would use only on my nose).

mmmm ... just check out ingredients list and it does include salicylic acid and alcohol! and thyme which can be a skin irritant to some. And even weirder, the lists at drugstore.com differ from those listed at Sephora a bit - the one at drugstore.com matches the one at the Skyn Iceland site though. Ah, I think I figured it out - one listed at drugstore.com and Skyn Iceland is 3oz; one at Sephora comes with 60 pads

Ingredient list from drugstore.com: Aqua (Water), Alcohol, Glycolic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Angelica Archangelica Root Extract, Triethanolamine, Arginine, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Matricaria), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Powder, Perfume (Fragrance), Menthol, Rubus Chamaemorus Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon Fruit Extract (Cranberry), Buddleja Davidii, Thymus Vulgaris Extract (Thyme), Perfluorodecalin, Propylene Glycol, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Extract (Jojoba), PEG 75 Shea Butter Glycerides, Glycosphingolipids, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid

Ingredients list from Sephora: www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P140952
Deionized Water, Sd Alcohol 40-B, Hamamelis Virginana (Witch Hazel) Water, Butylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Angelica Archangelica Essential Water, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Buddleja Davidii Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower Extract, Glycosphingolipids, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Rubus Chamaemorus Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Acetyl Dipeptide-1 Cetyl Ester, Hydroxyethylcellulouse, Perfluorodecalin, Peg-75 Shea Butter Glycerides, Laureth-3, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Bht, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Gold, Silver, Copper Sulfate, D-Limonene.

Some positive reviews at drugstore.com www.drugstore.com/qxp155389_333181_sespider/skyn_iceland/nordic_skin_peel.htm

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:39 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Septembergirl"]I have tried various products with AHA and BHA to get rid of blackheads on my nose without any luck. What really helped, was Dermalogica Renewal Booster, which contains both AHA, BHA, sulfur and plant extracts. It's the best product I have come across to keep pores clean. I saw results after two - three weeks of use.

Description:
An exfoliating complex of hydroxy acids and soothing plant extracts to actively loosen dead surface debris, smooth the skin and improve texture.

Hey Septembergirl, just a few questions - do you apply this daily? Have you experienced any flaking or excessive dryness? Did you have blackheads or congested pores before starting this?

Thanks for the info!
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:11 am      Reply with quote
blesstd wrote:
Septembergirl wrote:
I have tried various products with AHA and BHA to get rid of blackheads on my nose without any luck. What really helped, was Dermalogica Renewal Booster, which contains both AHA, BHA, sulfur and plant extracts. It's the best product I have come across to keep pores clean. I saw results after two - three weeks of use.

Description:

Hey Septembergirl, just a few questions - do you apply this daily? Have you experienced any flaking or excessive dryness? Did you have blackheads or congested pores before starting this?

Thanks for the info!

Hello, blesstd. My skin is normal with some dryness on the cheeks and typically blackheads around the nose. I don't have a huge blackhead problem, but they are definitely noticeable. If I use the wrong products for my skin, the amount of blackheads increases and also get spread to chin and forehead.

I have been using the Dermalogica Renewal Booster all over my face daily without experiencing any flaking or dryness. Of course one can limit the use to the problem areas.

I was impressed by the pore-cleansing properties of the Dermalogica serum and found it superior to AHA/BHA products from PTR, Cellex-C, MD formulations and NCN Skincare, to mention a few.

Currently, I don't need the Dermalogica serum because I have just started using a tretinoin gel which also seems to keep my pores pretty clean. HTH. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Septembergirl! I guess we're all searching for the ideal product(s) that take care of our skin issues!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |