Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cost of fillers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Cleocatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
So I've got a doctor here near where I live that I THINK I'm gonna use for some fillers.. He's supposed to be quite good, according to what I read about him on a plastic surgeon review website. But what I was wondering is if the prices are reasonable since I've never had any fillers. This doctor I'm thinking of seeing charges $600-$700 a syringe for Juvederm. Is this a good price?? I was told that Juverderm is what works best for nasolabial folds and tear-through.. And typically the fillers last 6-9 months.. Which would be great by me, anything to help soften the appearance of some of these lines on my face! Ewww.. LOL I am dermarolling, but in the meantime, I really need a "pick-me-up."
So if anyone would care to contribute some info here, wonderful!!

Thanks!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Cleocatra wrote:
So I've got a doctor here near where I live that I THINK I'm gonna use for some fillers.. He's supposed to be quite good, according to what I read about him on a plastic surgeon review website. But what I was wondering is if the prices are reasonable since I've never had any fillers. This doctor I'm thinking of seeing charges $600-$700 a syringe for Juvederm. Is this a good price?? I was told that Juverderm is what works best for nasolabial folds and tear-through.. And typically the fillers last 6-9 months.. Which would be great by me, anything to help soften the appearance of some of these lines on my face! Ewww.. LOL I am dermarolling, but in the meantime, I really need a "pick-me-up."
So if anyone would care to contribute some info here, wonderful!!

Thanks!

Cleo,
I paid 510 for one vial. After the first, you get a 10 percent discount. Where I go, all fillers cost the same whether it's Resty, Juvaderm, Radiesse, with the exception of Artefill. That was the price in Chicago though. where I live I found a huge range in prices with Juvaderm not an option, not one Dr. here offers it, and Radiesse going for 850. Knowing your location, that's probably the going rate. Does your Dr. offer a discount on a second vial if you need it?

Also, you need to clarify which Juvaderm he is going to use. Is it Juvaderm Ultra Plus which is larger molecules or Juvaderm?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Blues,

Here is what I was told:
The Juverderm Ultra Plus is $700 a syringe. Each syringe is 1 cc and apparently one syringe is needed for each nasolabial fold, depending on the depth etc. I asked best guesstimate here, and altogether (since I want to have fillers for my tear through problem as well) I'd be looking at 3 syringes at a total of $1800 (if not using Ultra Plus). Generally they use the Ultra for the under eyes and the Ultra Plus for the nasolabial folds.
So what do you think, is this a fair price? I'm kind of shocked I guess at the cost of this.. Seems like a lot, but then again can we put a price on our looks hence how it makes us feel? Any input here would be appreciated! Thank you.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Cleocatra wrote:
Thank you Blues,

Here is what I was told:
The Juverderm Ultra Plus is $700 a syringe. Each syringe is 1 cc and apparently one syringe is needed for each nasolabial fold, depending on the depth etc. I asked best guesstimate here, and altogether (since I want to have fillers for my tear through problem as well) I'd be looking at 3 syringes at a total of $1800 (if not using Ultra Plus). Generally they use the Ultra for the under eyes and the Ultra Plus for the nasolabial folds.
So what do you think, is this a fair price? I'm kind of shocked I guess at the cost of this.. Seems like a lot, but then again can we put a price on our looks hence how it makes us feel? Any input here would be appreciated! Thank you.

Geographical considerations seem to play a huge part in pricing for this stuff from what I've seen. Have you called around to get prices in the area? Most offer some sort of discount on the second CC. That's one of questions you need to ask.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I had a hard time finding any filler doctors within 40 miles of me that didn't have bad reviews on that site I mentioned. I am considering going up the SF to have this done though, since you're right geographical considerations seem to make a huge difference here. I didn't think of asking of there were a discount, on the second cc, I will though, thank you for pointing this out to me Blues. Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Cleocatra wrote:
Well, I had a hard time finding any filler doctors within 40 miles of me that didn't have bad reviews on that site I mentioned. I am considering going up the SF to have this done though, since you're right geographical considerations seem to make a huge difference here. I didn't think of asking of there were a discount, on the second cc, I will though, thank you for pointing this out to me Blues. Very Happy

Get some SF names and then call around. Do any of these Doc's have websites and pics you can look at? Most do offer discounts so I'd definitely ask. In the Chicago area, the competition seems to drive the price down a little. LA prices are higher though and I'm wondering if that's what you'll find in SF. I drive three hours for a good injector so I'd definitely think about a little drive if I were you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah I think you're right here Blues, the price of competition can drive the price down for sure. But in LA.. And even SF I have to wonder. But I will definitely call around.. Most of the doctors I've read good reviews on have web sites so that's what I've been doing, and referring to the websites and looking at the photos etc. I don't mind a bit of a drive at all, so I appreciate your input here very much!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I paid 400.00 in Austin, Texas for a full syringe of Juvaderm, not the plus, but my doc is one of the top injectors as far as volume and expertise here. They were running a special of 100.00 off for repeat customers. Before I had restylane and I paid 450.00 a syringe but it only lasted 6-8 months. I've had Juvaderm for about 2 years and it still looks great. I only needed the one syringe for my nasolabial. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Annie for the information!

I can't believe how pricey Juvederm is up here where I live (Monterey -Santa Cruz Area. The only discount this doctor near where I live is offering is $50 after the 1st syringe. Rolling Eyes I so wanna have this done, but now I have to re-work my finances unless I can find a good doc who will do it for less.. Ahh to have a purse that never runs out of money. Very Happy
Cleocatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Gosh I feel like this might be my never-ending thread.. LOL

I have been a busy-bee this morning, calling around to differetn PS's and behold, persistence DOES pay off. I have found a great filler doc up in Walnut Creek that does Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane each at $750.00 per tube (1cc). He also does zplasty (?) collagen for $350 per cc.(I don't know what zplasty collagen is).From what I gather, the above fillers do last longer than Juvederm... And the fact that there's only a $50 price difference for me between Juverderm Ultra Plus and the above fillers kind of makes this a no-brainer to me. Any thoughts anyone..? Please?
Cleocatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:23 am      Reply with quote
The thread continues.. lol

Wow, Blues, you're right, the price here is all over the map for fillers! Laughing I guess this is one really good thing about living near a large city; competition!! Wink
I'm going in for fillers in a few weeks, so I'll let you all know (if you're interested) how it goes!! Wahoo! I'm sooo excited!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Cleocatra wrote:
The thread continues.. lol

Wow, Blues, you're right, the price here is all over the map for fillers! Laughing I guess this is one really good thing about living near a large city; competition!! Wink
I'm going in for fillers in a few weeks, so I'll let you all know (if you're interested) how it goes!! Wahoo! I'm sooo excited!

Of course we want to know how it goes. I do not agree about Resty lasting longer than say the Juvaderm Plus though. Perlane is made by the same people who make Resty but it's larger molecules like Juvaderm Ultra Plus. You do not want Radiesse in your TT's though. I can't remember if that was an area you were considering. LOL. Can't wait to hear back.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Resty DOES not last longer than Juvaderm for sure.
It really also does matter which area is injected as to which filler as Bluesheart said. I think resty is overpriced compared to Juvaderm is terms of longevity and smoothness.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Annie and thank you Blues, I appreciate the information!! It took some time to find one, but the doc I'm going with charges $550 a syringe for either Resty or Juvederm Ultra Plus.. And they offer a discount for the 2nd syringe!

Blues I will let you know how my appointment goes, the soonest I could get was the 2nd week in August. Oh well, I waited this long what's another month! LOL
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Cleocatra wrote:
Thank you Annie and thank you Blues, I appreciate the information!! It took some time to find one, but the doc I'm going with charges $550 a syringe for either Resty or Juvederm Ultra Plus.. And they offer a discount for the 2nd syringe!

Blues I will let you know how my appointment goes, the soonest I could get was the 2nd week in August. Oh well, I waited this long what's another month! LOL

That sounds better...as long as he is a great injector. As far as I'm concerned, the other guy's office misled you so right there I'd have some trust issues. I think some people would rather carry one company than both so they tell people information that isn't always correct.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Good luck and I hope you love it. Let us know what you end up having and how your experience was. Don't forget to quit taking aspirin, (for me all pain relievers), and vit E, and take your arnica before and after to help prevent bruising.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:26 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Good luck and I hope you love it. Let us know what you end up having and how your experience was. Don't forget to quit taking aspirin, (for me all pain relievers), and vit E, and take your arnica before and after to help prevent bruising.

Hi Annie,
I have a question for you. I know they say taking vitamin E can make you bruise worse but do you know if topical vitamin e applications can do the same? I use the Karin Herzog line and there are sevral products with E in it and with the oxygen I wonder if that makes bruising worse. Any ideas?

5% products discount

Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Ive injected most of the fillers ya'll have mentioned. I absolutely love the results of Radiesse in the cheeks. Girls, you plump those cheeks up and the laxity of the lower face improves. Yes, it feels hard for just a little while but soon softens. The really greatest thing about Radiesse is you get l.3 mls. Juvaderm Plus has .8 and Resty has 1 ml. I encourage my folks who are getting a filler for the first time to go with Resty because it's absorbed more quickly (varies from person to person) than the others. I also want to suggest to some of you who say your Resty or Juvaderm aren't lasting the average length of time, are you sure your injector is experienced? It's easy to inject too deeply and I know from experience that product is wasted when this happens. Hope this helped and didn't confuse anyone.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Bluesheart- I don't know about the topical. I've never heard that but I also haven't used the topical vit E. Sorry.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:59 am      Reply with quote
makeup queen wrote:
Ive injected most of the fillers ya'll have mentioned. I absolutely love the results of Radiesse in the cheeks. Girls, you plump those cheeks up and the laxity of the lower face improves. Yes, it feels hard for just a little while but soon softens. The really greatest thing about Radiesse is you get l.3 mls. Juvaderm Plus has .8 and Resty has 1 ml. I encourage my folks who are getting a filler for the first time to go with Resty because it's absorbed more quickly (varies from person to person) than the others. I also want to suggest to some of you who say your Resty or Juvaderm aren't lasting the average length of time, are you sure your injector is experienced? It's easy to inject too deeply and I know from experience that product is wasted when this happens. Hope this helped and didn't confuse anyone.

Hi Patty,
How are you? Are you doing the Radiesse intra orally? When I was last in Chicago for injections, my injector was training someone so I got to eavesdrop a little. She told the trainee the same thing you said above, about not injecting too deep. Interestingly, she told the trainee that when she goes for the training she will be told to go deep but then she reiterated what you said.
What's the word on the new Marini Lash?
k

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:21 am      Reply with quote
I'm getting fillers done in a few days. I'm getting 1ml Restylane, to fill in very shallow nasal folds, and the rest is going straight into the lips... it's costing me $550 but so cant wait! Very Happy

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:20 am      Reply with quote
echoecho

I have never had fillers but would consider them for my NL fold(right side worse than left) so please report back on all your experience Exclamation

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:44 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
echoecho

I have never had fillers but would consider them for my NL fold(right side worse than left) so please report back on all your experience Exclamation

I will, with some luck he will be able to do my eye hollows, nasal folds Android lips with one syringe. My nf and eye hollows are quite shallow so the real test will be my lips.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I am in Australia so the prices will be different! but anyway..

I have had Juvaderm, Juvaderm Ultra and Juvaderm Voluma in the past!

Juavaderm is the lips cos its the softest..loved it. Juvaderm Ultra in my marionette lines, it did a good job initially and I was happy with it. Juvaderm Voluma in the cheeks, suppose to be thicker and is done with a cannula. Was never very happy with the results, they were just ok. could have used more!! But this was the most expensive at about $1800 for 2mls.

The cost for the normal Juvaderm was 660 for the first sryinge, 10% off the second and 20% off the next and so on.

They all lasted very well, some over 18 months.

I decided to change injectors and just today had some Perlane in my TT (not classic TT, more and indent right across my cheeks (very annoying!!)So I had 2 syringes one between TT's and one in my marionette lines.

I am pretty bruised on one side, which really doesn't surprise me, I always bruise badly!! A little tender. Hard to tell just yet but the TT area looks better than it did. He said I could properly do with a bit more volume in the cheeks now as its been about 18 months since I had the voluma done but to wait a few months and see how I felt.

this should last about a year. It was $750 per syringe but he did both for $1320.

sorry for the essay, got abit carried away. Let us know how you go.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Okay so just a quick post, had my fillers done today... Finally! Razz thr doc advised me that he wouldn't do my nasal folds because according to him I don't have any just 'beautiful high cheek bones' Android if a plastic surgeon tells you that then you know they are right. So instead I got him to put the whole syringe in my lips and oh my did it hurt, he had to give me a double dose of nerve block and it still stung. Once he was done and before cleaning me off I say myself and there was blood all over my chin. Not to be compared to botox hurts allot more and my lips have swollen so much as to literally resemble duffy duck, literally. I have no doubt the result will be well worth it though as he is Android extremely reputable plastic surgeon that is a specialist in fillers. I just have to stay indoors for now, its not halloween Embarassed

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |