Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
How do you apply an oil on your skin and how much?!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ejay90
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I tried to apply some oil to my skin, avocado oil, and after sometime it keeps getting into my eyes!!! No I do not apply it on my eye lids! just my forehead and the rest of my face. Is it because my skin can't absorb it? or because I applied too much? Do I have to expose my skin to a source of heat so that my pores open up and absorb the oil? I just want to use it as a daily moisturizer, cause creams irritate my sensitive skin, with moderate rosacea! What's the right way to apply it?
and how much should I put on?
thanks in advance!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
I use emu oil. I will only use as little as possible. I used to use more but it never all absorbed and felt greasy.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried mixing it with a hyaluronic acid serum and the spreading the mixture? I have combination/oily skin and I only use one to two drops mixed in the HA serum. If you spritz your face with a hydrosol before applying the oil, it will also help the oil to absorb (absorbs better from damp skin). Some people also spritz after applying the oil. You can check out HA serums onwww.gardenofwisdom.com.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:00 am      Reply with quote
I also need to mix a couple of drops of HA serum into emu oil or avocado oil in order to make the oil sink into the skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:46 am      Reply with quote
i think a tiny amount of oil, i perfer jojoba ,then warm it in your palm.
after that press it on your face.
the very important point is to use a cream after that.
that's my rotine
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:00 am      Reply with quote
If you are not allergic to aloe vera gel then I have found using a mixture of the gel with oil stops it from running into the eyes and also helps it sink in as well as providing moisture. I use Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel which has carbomer as the thickening agent and this helps keep the gel and oil from separating. Just experiment with the proportions. I normally use a mixture of around 70% gel to 30% oil.
aa6660
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Sometimes I do it like luckylouie and mix the two and sometimes I do the oil first, let it absorb a few minutes and then apply the aloe vera gel to my entire face.

About the only time I do oil only is occasionally when I apply overnight if I have a dry spot. My skin is combo oily, so this only happens occasionally.

BTW, I use coconut oil.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
That is a great idea MLROX. I have some PSF HA, so I will try it.
bugfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I use emu oil and jojoba, both are easy to be absorbed by my skin. I am combination and dehydrated.

Don't put a lot on the face, just the right amount or as long as you don't feel dry.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Up until I started testing a new skincare line, I was using jojoba oil. I buy a big bottle then transfer some into small bottles with dropper lids. I put 1-2 drops on my fingertips, then pat my face to apply. The oil absorbs easily and quickly. I would then apply another moisturizer on top.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
When I used to use jojoba oil, I do the same as others---2-3 drops, warm it in your palms then pat and roll on to damp skin
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I wash my face,then while hands and face are still damp I put a few drops of oil in my palm with a dab of Aloe( I use the kind for drinking)or HA and rub gently to mix and press into my face.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Why damp skin? Do you find it helps the oil to absorb faster?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Why damp skin? Do you find it helps the oil to absorb faster?

I find it makes it easier to spread and, thus, I don't have to apply as much.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
I put a couple of drops of the oil on two fingers of my left hand, dampen the fingers on my right hand, rub together and apply to face. I find I always need to apply with damp fingers or it just doesn't spread worth a hoot!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |