Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Help - sudden dry patches, skin-type change
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rogneda
5% products discount

Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

In the last 6 months my skin went from oily and acne prone, to sahrah-desert dry Shock I wake up every morning with patches of scaley pealing flakes all over my face and scalp. I scrub them off and apply moisturizer/oil, but the flakes start to appear again in a few hours.

Health background:
Thyroid is normal, blood sugar is normal, kidney and liver functions are normal, the only problem is low white blood cell count. They will be doing further testing on the blood count. Periods are regular, but I suddenly started getting dark hairs on the chin Confused Eat healthy, minimal dairy intake, but maybe a bit too much sugar. Exercise regularly.

Skin care:
Wash with water, or mild aloe/glycerin soap. Use avacado oil as moisturizer. Sometimes apply a thin layer of zinc-based sunscreen. No makeup.

So, what could be the cause of my skin problem? The dry patches are very severe, and I can't figure out the underlying cause.

Please advise! Thanks,
~R

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
thats what exactly happened to me...just till 1 week b4 i was suffering with this. My patches were kind of hard.even if i apply load ofcreme or oil till the time its kind of wet its ok but just after 15-20 min it was again there....and oil and creme were making me breakout also..I stopped usin makeup and was going to office looking horrible. Then went to sephora for clinique anti oxidant moisturizer for very dry skin after reading so much on skin barrier repair here on this forum...but there one God send consultant saw my skin took out clinique moisturizer from me and threw it away..and gave some creme to apply me..I was hesitant as i already having sensitive extra dry patches,flakes and horrible acne ..but she almost kind of ordered me to apply it..I did it very skeptically as I was having my mineral makeup on and applied over it...she gave me sample of this creme and asked me to use it for one week.and stop all other prodcuts...and then if i want to purchase something else I can do that...with first application after 20 min even on makeup my skin was feeling good..otherwise I feel suffocated with almost any creme and makeup...my flakes were healed in just 2 days..and it is healing acne also..skin feeling so good!!
Try 'DERMAdoctor Calm Cool & Corrected 2N1 Rosacea Tx' believe me just give it try...If u dont want to buy..goto sephora ask for sample and just apply twice a day for 2 days....and share ur experience with me...I know its for rosacea..and i dont think that i have this disease but...it helps with everything...I am really thankful to that consultant there..whom first i was thinking..they all always want to sell highest priced products..and was bit uncomfortable with her such commanding conduct...but now i feel why she was behaving like that bcos she was so sure of that she is doing right..I am going to sephora san fran again to just hug her and thankyou her.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Rogneda
Quote:
Periods are regular, but I suddenly started getting dark hairs on the chin Eat healthy, minimal dairy intake, but maybe a bit too much sugar. Exercise regularly.

Hi Rogneda, you sort of answered your own question here. "suddenly getting dark hairs on my chin", this is usually a sign (especially if all of a sudden) that you could have something hormonal going on. Just because you have regular periods, does not mean that you could not be experiencing a hormonal shift of some sort in your body. And hormonal does not always mean (zits), it is changes in your skin....and body. Unless you have changed your diet, or cleansing products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
ritas wrote:

Try 'DERMAdoctor Calm Cool & Corrected 2N1 Rosacea Tx' believe me just give it try...If u dont want to buy..goto sephora ask for sample and just apply twice a day for 2 days....and share ur experience with me...I know its for rosacea..and i dont think that i have this disease but...it helps with everything...I am really thankful to that consultant there..whom first i was thinking..they all always want to sell highest priced products..and was bit uncomfortable with her such commanding conduct...but now i feel why she was behaving like that bcos she was so sure of that she is doing right..I am going to sephora san fran again to just hug her and thankyou her.

ritas, I do have rosacea, but never had a problem with the dry patches EXACTLY as you are describing until 1 year ago. I will give the CC&C a try!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:34 am      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
Rogneda
Quote:
Periods are regular, but I suddenly started getting dark hairs on the chin Eat healthy, minimal dairy intake, but maybe a bit too much sugar. Exercise regularly.

Hi Rogneda, you sort of answered your own question here. "suddenly getting dark hairs on my chin", this is usually a sign (especially if all of a sudden) that you could have something hormonal going on. Just because you have regular periods, does not mean that you could not be experiencing a hormonal shift of some sort in your body. And hormonal does not always mean (zits), it is changes in your skin....and body. Unless you have changed your diet, or cleansing products.

Yep...hormonal was the first thing I thought of when I read this.

Have you been tested for PCOS?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:25 am      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
ritas wrote:

ritas, I do have rosacea, but never had a problem with the dry patches EXACTLY as you are describing until 1 year ago. I will give the CC&C a try!
It is quite expensive(85 $ for 50ml)..at least for me but of course for me its worth..you may want to try sample first from sephora.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
ritas wrote:
nadjazz wrote:
ritas wrote:

It is quite expensive(85 $ for 50ml)..at least for me but of course for me its worth..you may want to try sample first from sephora.

Yes, a bit pricey! Thanks for pointing that out, will have to make a trip to the mall and check it out.

5% products discount

Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately I can't afford pricey products Sad The dryness persists, and I'm trying to figure out the underlying cause. They'll be doing more blood work on me. Many of my other symptoms, along with the peeling skin, indicate the possibility of a Candida problem Confused I'm trying to alter my diet and see if that helps. For now I get to walk around with a dandruff-face. Note that this doesn't look like eczema, as there is no inflamation or redness (except when I scrub off the flakes) or lesions... just severe flaking.

It's very depressing. I'm in my mid-20's, and my skin looks like it's 50 Embarassed

Oh, and before anyone asks, I drink plenty of water and have a good amount of healthy oils in my diet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Rogneda wrote:
Thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately I can't afford pricey products Sad The dryness persists, and I'm trying to figure out the underlying cause. They'll be doing more blood work on me. Many of my other symptoms, along with the peeling skin, indicate the possibility of a Candida problem Confused I'm trying to alter my diet and see if that helps. For now I get to walk around with a dandruff-face. Note that this doesn't look like eczema, as there is no inflamation or redness (except when I scrub off the flakes) or lesions... just severe flaking.

It's very depressing. I'm in my mid-20's, and my skin looks like it's 50 Embarassed

Oh, and before anyone asks, I drink plenty of water and have a good amount of healthy oils in my diet.

Rogneda,

I would purchase some Nizoral shampoo and use it (diluted) on your face...it contains an antifungal ingredient, and you should see improvement quickly.

I have a systemic candida infection, and my doctor has me use this when I break out in candida related rashes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Sugar is a no-no if you're dealing with candida as are grains - I have found an interesting protocol to deal with if you would like just pm me.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I did some reading up on "systemic candida infection", and you have described your skin "on your face". My readings say this candida infection does not happen on the face. Are you sure this is a correct diagnosis?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
I did some reading up on "systemic candida infection", and you have described your skin "on your face". My readings say this candida infection does not happen on the face. Are you sure this is a correct diagnosis?

Berg, these candida infections really seem to vary by person.

I definitely have a systemic candida infection, but do not have the "typical female symptoms." However, if I eat a significant number of carbs, my feet start to itch horribly, and I will break out in a rash under my breasts. Confused But I don't have any facial scaling.

However, someone on labmuffins did have the facial scaling...she tried the Nizoral, and it was eliminated within a few days.

5% products discount

Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestions you guys. I'll definitely try the Nizoral. And yes, I'm trying to cut out sugar. Sucks, since I am horrbly addicted to cookies, chocolate, etc. Laughing

Apparently there are many different symptoms of candida, some of which include sugar cravings, alcohol cravings, skin problems (rashes, eczema, psoriasis, etc), horrible chronic fatigue, migranes, and gas/bloating... all of which I have. Yeast infections are also a sign, but are not always a necessary symptom.

Interestinggly enough, a lot of the candida symptoms are similar to gluten intolerance symptoms... another possibility for me to investigate Rolling Eyes

Dahli, I'm pm-ing you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Rogneda wrote:

Well Rogneda, you must try Elizabeth Grant serums. They're fantastic for your skin condition as you describe. Check her line out at shop nbc.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |