Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
FANIE International
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
mamawalnut wrote:
I've completed my first go with the Accent Masque.

I mixed it with the TruSkin and applied a generous layer to my face. As is dried it became hard and kind of drew up - my skin looked crumpled and the way it dried so tight around my lips made them pucker. It was quite uncomfortable but I kept it on for 30 minutes. After that I softened it with warm water and kept rinsing until my face was clean.

Results: My skin is somewhat softer and smoother but nothing earth-shattering at this point. I can tell my pores are a bit tighter but I think this is due to some after-mask dryness I'm experiencing (I'm usually somewhere between normal and oily). I guess I'm kind of on the fence about this one. I'll keep an eye on things and if I decide I either love it or find it a waste of money I'll let you guys know.

Hi Mama!

I've got many years on you so maybe your results are good for the young skin you have. What kind of results are you expecting or wanting to get?
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hey back at you Sis!

My skin has improved a lot lately but there are still some fine lines and enlarged pores that could use some more help. I have noticed my skin relaxing a little between my brows and around the outer corners of my eyes over the last few years so I would like to see some firming action there but no huge results for me. My pores were tightened right after the mask yesterday but by the time I got up this morning they were back to normal. I will say my skin is in pretty good shape overall (except for pore congestion in the T Zone which I didn't expect this mask to help) so there may not be room for a lot of improvement. I am not giving the mask a thumbs-down or anything at this point; I just didn't immediately find my "fountain of youth". Very Happy I am going to continue using the Accent Masque alternating with the Masque One and see if I get more noticeable results with time.

By the way - Blues, I heard back from Jennifer at 21st Century and she said the Accent Masque should be fine to use once a week while using 302.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Mama. I still haven't decided what to do.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Blues, Are you using some 302 now with the KH? I use C-Boost twice a week. Retin A twice a week, KH the rest and ...a Fanie Masque today.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:49 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Blues, Are you using some 302 now with the KH? I use C-Boost twice a week. Retin A twice a week, KH the rest and ...a Fanie Masque today.

No Sis, just KH and no 302. I tried the Lightening and didn't like how it made my skin look so I passed it on to someone else. I'm planning on trying the CalmSkin C when it comes out. My skin looks so nice doing what I'm doing I'm not sure I want to mess with things and add acids of any kind.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I used the Unveil this evening and applied it in a little thicker layer than I did the first time. After 10 minutes, I then applied the the enzyme masque on top of the Unveil. I think I added too much of the tru skin to the masque, because it ended up a little runny. It did dry very tight and it was not a pleasant feeling. When I was ready to rinse, I patted warm water on the mask, and then I patted tru skin on top of that. I added more warm water, and started rubbing, and the mask came off very easily. Did I find my fountain of youth? No. My skin looked nice afterwards, but no better than if I had used any other mask. It is not a bad product, but, sorry, it is not a "fountain of youth" either, at least for my skin. I honestly saw no difference in my skin.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:04 am      Reply with quote
This morning after I washed my face, I noticed that my skin is peeling! I wonder if the enzyme masque made the Unveil penetrate deeper and this caused some peeling? Also of interest, I have 1 big dark freckle and this morning I swear it is lighter color. So, the masque may not be my fountain of youth, but it may help the Unveil penetrate deeper in my skin and could possibly lighten freckles! I will be using this stuff weekly and report if there are any changes with continued use.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I convinced my daughter to try Unveil and Fizzy+TruSkin last night. Poor thing, got everything from mom, prone to milia, broken cap AND it burns when I put Unveil on her face. After 40 min the only comments from her was "Hmmmmmmn, my face is sooooo soft."

I tried Accent + TruSkin and Unveil few days ago. My face was soft but I felt the result was not as good as Fizzy. The main purpose for me to use Accent was to "Softens skin by neutralizing acid residues left by AHA, glycolic and other acids." Surprisingly, last night after I put on Unveil, my face did not burn as much as before, about 50% less. I'll see if weekly using Accent will reduce the burn more. Pray Pray Pray

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Mama-have you tried the Liquid Sponge yet? I am curious as to what the texture is and how it feels on. Let us know when you try it, okay?
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Brenpatsa, the Liquid Sponge is a thick clear gel that feels cool and a bit creamy on. I'm using it just on my nose and I've only tried it twice which I don't think is enough to tell how effective it's going to be. My nose feels dry immediately afterward but then my oil production kicks into overdrive an hour or two later. I'll keep you updated on any progress. Did you get the Liquid Sponge?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
mamawalnut wrote:
Brenpatsa, the Liquid Sponge is a thick clear gel that feels cool and a bit creamy on. I'm using it just on my nose and I've only tried it twice which I don't think is enough to tell how effective it's going to be. My nose feels dry immediately afterward but then my oil production kicks into overdrive an hour or two later. I'll keep you updated on any progress. Did you get the Liquid Sponge?

No, I got the HotDot (still haven't received my order yet). I am curious about the Liquid Sponge though so yes, keep us posted on it and I will do the same with the HotDot!
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I got my Fanie stash and have been trying it out the last few days.

HotDot - I tried the HotDot on a few blemishes and I am unimpressed to say the least. It has a Vaseline-type base and you apply it with a q-tip. It burns for a few moments (cinnamon oil) and then stops. The website directions say to wipe it off after the "heat" stops but the jar itself didn't say to remove it. Inconsistencies like that irritate the heck out of me, btw. Anyway, I tried it both ways to be sure. I saw absolutely NO difference in the blemishes, using this. None. Save your money, ladies. I may actually send this one back.

Tru-Skin + Accent - OMG, this stuff does not make for a relaxed mask experience!! Like others have said, it quickly dried to a plaster-like texture, sucking up my skin in the process. It was actually uncomfortable to me (I used the full T. of Accent that the directions called for and it made quite a bit of mask. I applied most of it to my face so maybe I applied way too thick of a coat?). I applied it to my upper eyelids and when it dried, I had to crack the mask in order to close my eyes!! Ouch. Shock I had a terrible time removing it too (again, maybe because I used too much). I had to continually apply wet compresses to my face to soften the mask. I think I irritated my skin in the process. As for results, I think my skin looked somewhat more refreshed but I have to try it again to be sure, using far less.

So no miracles or fountain of youth for me, after my first usage but then again, I didn't really expect one!

Yogi - Did you get your stuff yet? Your thoughts?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Well, it seems we have a few pros and a few cons now! But, I agree with you Bren, no miracles with this particular brand (and I really didn't expect it either, but one can always hope!!). I think I have finally learned my lesion, and will let others be the guinea pigs for a while! Very Happy
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:37 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Well, it seems we have a few pros and a few cons now! But, I agree with you Bren, no miracles with this particular brand (and I really didn't expect it either, but one can always hope!!). I think I have finally learned my lesion, and will let others be the guinea pigs for a while! Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think the way the mask dries so tightly tends to pull the skin together in a temporary way because after I cracked the mask and watered it down for 10 minutes (finally getting it off) my skin did have a nicer, somewhat pulled up look. I didn't look 25 again or like a teenager as JoElla commented but it gives a bit of a boost for a special occasion I'd say. Haven't tried the fizzy yet - I'm a little nervous - afraid It will be too much and I'll have to go into hiding for a few days.

I still like the KH oxygen and essentail masque facial best.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:

Yogi - Did you get your stuff yet? Your thoughts?

I did get my stuff. I used it once, I'll use it again on Sat night. I'll report in after my second application.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I think the way the mask dries so tightly tends to pull the skin together in a temporary way because after I cracked the mask and watered it down for 10 minutes (finally getting it off) my skin did have a nicer, somewhat pulled up look.

Funny you should mention the pulling of the skin during masks because I just came across this on JoElla's website regarding the Accent mask....(either I am getting senile and missed this before or she recently added this)

Description:
An aromatic powder, face and neck tightening and toning masque. Its herbal enzyme formulation helps soften hardened skin while tightening tired skin. Its skin firming ingredients activate motor point sensations to lift skin as it stimulates vascular activity, naturally oxygenating the cell-producing skin layers that will continue to surface in time.

I know I read in at least one of the masks' instructions to apply the mask in an upward direction..I wonder if this is why. Interesting, huh?

Oh, and JoElla added a bunch more Fanie products to her website in case anyone is interested.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
That's definitely new verbage. That was not there previously - as of a week ago.
I don't think I put the masque on in upward strokes - have to do that next time.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
I did my 3rd application of the Unveil, and my 2nd application of the enzyme masque tonight. I applied a thicker layer of the Unveil this evening and I did feel the cinnamon oil more than I did the past 2 times. I also applied a thicker layer of the masque. I'm sorry, but I am so unimpressed by this line. It is not doing anything for my skin, and after the masque tonight, I actually thought my skin looked worse. I won't use the masque again as I don't like how my skin looked afterwards, almost looks like more sagging at my jaw line.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I did my 3rd application of the Unveil, and my 2nd application of the enzyme masque tonight. I applied a thicker layer of the Unveil this evening and I did feel the cinnamon oil more than I did the past 2 times. I also applied a thicker layer of the masque. I'm sorry, but I am so unimpressed by this line. It is not doing anything for my skin, and after the masque tonight, I actually thought my skin looked worse. I won't use the masque again as I don't like how my skin looked afterwards, almost looks like more sagging at my jaw line.

Yikes
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Last night I used the fizzy mask for the second time. It's really uncomfortable to have on. Tight and itchy. I left it on for 1/2 an hour both times. When I took it off my skin may have looked tighter, but of course that was temporary. I got the fizzy for congested pores and I don't think it did anything for that. My skin was very dry when I took the mask off, so I slathered moisturizer on.

I also bought the sponge which is a clear gel you leave on for 3 minutes. It's supposed to clear congestion. Maybe all these product take multiple uses to have any results?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know, yogi. Maybe they are cumulative but according to the email I got from Joella, I would notice results after my first application, and I certainly did not. I have different products than you, though.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
The mask is so damn tight, that sure my skin looked tighter after, but is that supposed to last? That doesn't seem realistic or possible. I primarily wanted it for the congestion clearing aspects, so I may just use it in my chin area from now on and see if magic indeed happens.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I don't know, yogi. Maybe they are cumulative but according to the email I got from Joella, I would notice results after my first application, and I certainly did not. I have different products than you, though.

You know, I think JoElla's "fountain of youth" comments probably are working against her purposes now as we all expected to see something REAL and noticeable from these masks as she stated. We know logically that it takes time for any product to work but for these products, we expected something visible from the first use. I will keep plugging along for awhile longer but I sure wish that it was a more pleasurable experience using these masks, especially since you have to wear them for 30-45 minutes. Ouch!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
You know, I think JoElla's "fountain of youth" comments probably are working against her purposes now as we all expected to see something REAL and noticeable from these masks as she stated.

I totally agree, Bren. The sad thing is I won't be as trusting of her from now on.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I totally agree, Bren. The sad thing is I won't be as trusting of her from now on.

I am watching the time period that I have the products because I plan to return them if I don't see something soon. I know they aren't a fortune but after my KH expenditures, I didn't really have the $$ to spend but I was swayed by JoElla's personal testimony. I think she needs to know that these aren't working as promised for alot of people.

On the topic of "instant" results, JoElla mentioned to me that she uses these products during facials at her spa and that people are so impressed with the results, that they are buying up all her stock. Well, again, that implies instant, visible results, doesn't it? I just don't get it....
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |