Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Looking for moisturizer recommendation for my skin type
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
shelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I believe my skin is sensitive, reactive, congestion prone and dehydrated (which results in oil production). I've not been using moisturizer because I'm afraid it'll cause a breakout. But, I know I need to use one and believe my skin would really appreciate it. I tried Remergent Barrier Repair and it irritated my skin. I use Glymed Peptide Cream a few nights a week but it doesn't seem too moisturizing. I've tried sea kelp bioferment but think it's more drying than hydrating. Same with HA. I'm so afraid oils will break me out although I do cleanse with avacado oil and use emu under the eyes. I'm trying to work the courage up to try HA mixed with emu for the face but I'm nervous.

I am alternating between 15% Mandelic/Lactic Acid Serum and Osmosis Clarify at night (their acne product) so I am kind of challenging my skins normal moisture level.

I need something that is good for sensitive skin and truly "non-comedogenic".

Any recos? Thanks.
Sophias1920
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
You need something that won't strip the natural oils from your face. Because drying it out can cause the face to produce more oil, leaving it greasy, congested etc. I would try products such as Cellex-C facial cleansers and their sea-weed moisturizer. However, these products do contain questionable ingredients like parabens. However, it may not cause any issues because of the small amount. I've tried it and my skin did not react. It actually improved my congested and greasy skin. Other more natural products are Dr.Hauschka's moisturizing day cream and the cream cleanser. I am trying them out now, and so far everything seems to be great. I am truly curious as to see the views on Kimberly Sayer face care products.
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Shelly,
My skin sounds just like yours. Smile What I have found to work for me is Mario Badescu's Control Cream. It is a very thick balm type cream, but I have never had a problem with it breaking me out or reacting to it. In fact, I credit that cream with getting me and keeping me clear. It is the one thing that I can always count on. Even when I get irritated from using something else, it always calms everything down. I wouldn't be caught without it. You can find it atwww.mariobadescu.com

Ali

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
I use sebamed clear face care gel. The product is free from oils and emulsifiers and pH balanced (plus it's not as expensive as Remergent, which I've also tried before). It's even great for sensitive skin.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Yonka Creme 15 as my moisturizer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:58 am      Reply with quote
I have been utilizing Biotherm's aquasource (normal-combo skin version) for several years now...its one I keep coming back to after trying something new!

It has no 'actives' like retinol, acids, etc. yet is does indeed help me stay hydrated and, most importantly, does not break my skin out. Its not the most expensive or extravagant cream out there, yet the Biotherm counters give out little samples to try so its quite easy to see if its something that would work for you.

I also wanted to say that in the past few months I have been rotating through my products daily - it started out as using a different cleanser every night, per 302 skincare regime recomendations. Decided to apply the same concept to my moisturizer and added in an oxygen cream and a 302 moisturizer to my biotherm staple. So far its been great - my skin has fewer blackheads, acne, and overall is more balanced and hydrated. My skin looks the best its been in quite a while (at least 3 years!)

A small caution re: osmosis products if I may - I found them very dehydrating to my skin. Utilizing them every 3rd day seemed to work for a week or two though even that at times seemed too much so I have been phasing them out of my routine. If your skin is sensitive and dehydrated it might be worthwhile seeing if easing up on the use of Osmosis would alleviate things at all. Have not tried the lactic product you noted, therefore I cannot comment on that.
Cheers!
shelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and recos! I totally appreciate it.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have sensitive skin and I have tried many different products. The best I can recommend are Cellcosmet and Lavera.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
I like Jurlique's Soothing Day Lotion. This is the only moisturiser I have found to cut down the breakouts and keep my skin hydrated without overdoing it. It is very calming for sensitive skin and is organic so you are only putting natural on your skin.

I would suggest trying samples first. Maybe EDS would be willing to send you a few samples of some of the suggested products if you paid the postage? (might be worth asking)
I have just found from my experience that what works well for one person may work for another, so samples may at least help with that Smile
Good Luck - I know it is such a battle finding the right product sometimes.
agna

Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:38 am      Reply with quote
My skin is in similar condition. I found out AHA products don't sit very well with reactive skin, so I banned them from my regimen. Now I'm on BHA only, and already bought 15% azelaic acid (Finacea / Skinoren gel) but haven't used it yet.

The only ingredients I find really hydrating for my skin are aminoacids, like serine, arginine, glycine. Biotherm AquaSource and Lancome Aqua Fusion include those, but also lots of alcohol, which again is no good to reactive skin.

I use French pharmacy brands, like Avene, La Roche Posay, BioDerma. They all have a line for dehydrated skin with 2 types of moisturizer: light and rich. I go for the light one. (Vichy also has one but has broken me out and I don't recommend it).
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |