Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Recs for a hair dryer??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies! I would like to buy a new hair dryer. The one I'm using right now is a serious POS--- it's a revlon ionic and it's been sparking (!) recently so I really think it's high time for an upgrade. I'm not averse to paying a little more money for a nice dryer, but I want to get one that's right for my hair type so I thought I'd see what everyone else is using.

Here's what I'm looking for: I have longish hair that takes a long time to dry, so it would be nice to find a dryer that's light (so my arms doesn't get too tired), and also that helps cut down on drying time somewhat. I have fine, naturally wavy hair, and I'm currently fighting a really bad haircut with layers in the back that will curl out if I don't dry them very carefully so I want a dryer that will help give me a smooth blowout WITHOUT totally sacrificing volume or body. I've been interested in T3s but I've read mixed reviews online--- some people don't like the featherweight because there is only one heat setting (although my revlon only has one heat setting and I've been getting by, so how bad could it be?), and some people don't like the Evolution because they said the ionic technology made their hair feel moist (?). I've also been eyeing something called a "Helix" by hot tools--- it's around $100 which seems pretty reasonable and has some good reviews online. Help a player out ladies---- what do you use that you like and would re-purchase?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I lke the Babyliss Pro TT 5000--a tournaline ionic model with two speeds and three heat choices (hot, warm, and cool). Beats the pants off my old drugstore model, and keeps my hair smoother and shinier than with a non-ionic one.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
I use this FHI Heat ceramic dryer http://www.goddess-within.com/fhi-heat-nano-weight-pro-1800-dryer.html It is very light weight and gives the hair lots of volume and dries hair in half the time it used to take with my old dryer. I have tried T3 ionic type dryers but found that they left my hair flat, this dryer really gives my hair lots of volume and has a cool air setting to use to hold your style in place.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
I lke the Babyliss Pro TT 5000--a tournaline ionic model with two speeds and three heat choices (hot, warm, and cool). Beats the pants off my old drugstore model, and keeps my hair smoother and shinier than with a non-ionic one.

Yep - another Babyliss fan!!!!! Love it - have the same model.
mishb
5% products discount

Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Parlux - the holy grail of hair dryers.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Wow these are great recs---- just what I've been looking for! Please keep em coming, ladies!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have a Wahl hairdryer. It was about £50 in Harrods but I thought I'd wait just in case and amazingly found it on Amazon (brand new) for about £20. The brand's not known in the UK. It was a replacement for another Wahl which I had for about 5 years. I love it (and the previous one), much better than any of the other 'names' that I'd paid £50 plus for before. It's powerful and super quick. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to my hair so I like this latter fact a lot!
The difference from my previous one is it doesn't have the retro looks but it is lighter and also is ionic.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Wow these are great recs---- just what I've been looking for! Please keep em coming, ladies!

Great prices on the Babyliss - EBAY!!!!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Not to go off topic, but if anyone has recommendations for a super light, small ionic hair dryer that travels well, I'd be all ears.
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:04 am      Reply with quote
i recently use the panasonic EH-2271 Nanocare Hair Dryer and i found it really work...it make my hair more smooth and also relief the problem of dandruff~
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Honestly, I haven't tried the more expensive hair dryers but I was inclined to switch to a tourmaline ionic and ceramic one by Conair (I tried to find all 3 words on the box.. lol). It was only $40 and well worth it in my opinion. I think it gets the job done and it did cut half my drying time. I have long hair too so I know the feeling of taking forever to dry hair in the morning. As for the T3 though, I remember reading that there are cheaper brands/models that does just as well. Babyliss seemed to have a lot of followers on EDS...do a search, you'll find a really long thread!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
flitcraft wrote:

Yep - another Babyliss fan!!!!! Love it - have the same model.

I have one, too. It's very strong.
wen_goldfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
where do u buy the panasonic EH-2271 Nanocare Hair Dryer?
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:33 am      Reply with quote
many electronic appliances shops have these model but i brought it from the yahoo auction...it's the half of the original price
dlynne9
5% products discount

Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought a T-3. Why do you like the Babyliss better....does it give your hair more volume?
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:45 am      Reply with quote
I actually like the affordable Vidal Sassoon. I got a very expensive straightener for christmas but I prefer my friend's Vidal Sassoon straightener from the drugstore. I have very thick hair, takes hours to dry naturally with a slight wave. When I use my Quiet Styler 1600 almost everyone compliments my hair. My friends always ask me if I've had a haircut or ask to touch my hair (haha). I haven't used to many expensive blow dryers but I'd rather spend that kinda dough on my skin anyway. Not saying they aren't a worthy investment... Just personal preference Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought the Babyliss for between $65-75 on Amazon. I've used it only twice and already love it! Since I always had long thick hair maintained with a simple blunt cut (I braided, bunned, or what-have-you for a change of pace), I never was much for expensive salons, and thus never was "in the know" with the higher-quality expensive haircare gadgets. This is the first hair dryer I ever had that cost more than about $20, and I must say I think it was well worth the $$$.

Particularly for someone who has less-than-ideal hair, the Babyliss is a great addition to the hair-care arsenal. My hair is softer and smoother-looking, esp. on the ends. Less flyaway, but great volume, to the point where I wish I'd gotten a clue about the potential value of a good hair dryer sooner (like, back when I had good hair!). So thanks to manslayerliz for starting the thread and to flitcraft and sister sweets for recommending the Babyliss. Yet another pricey but worth it purchase thanks to EDS! Laughing
PhilipWB
5% products discount

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I used to be a hairdresser and I still have one of my salon hairdryers, it never lets me down and I have longish hair.

The company is called fransen, I am not allowed as a new poster to put a web link in this posting, so you need to Google, Fransen to find the supplier.

I would suggest the 1500 Turbo is a good dryer.

I am not sure about suppliers as I buy mine from a hairdressing wholesalers in the UK.

Philip

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 6:42 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:

I google that model, and found one page with some disturbing warnings about the quality, for many users it seems that it has broken within a year, or only months. How long have you had yours?
Seems much interesting, but I'm a bit worried if it is as many of them says about it.

http://www.folica.com/BaByliss_Pro_TT_r1832_1.html

Sara, 36 Swedish. Brunette, brown eyes. Fair sensitive reactive skin, no wrinkles(yet), enlarged pores, some broken caps and get easily sunspots. Oily but dry skin. Ten months with Tretionin 0,025% gel PM, Vita C AM - SC Phloratin and Freulic. Use DeCleor and Dr H right now.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |