Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry to hear that, redhead. Did you have a favorite ZO product out of what you got that you maybe could keep for yourself? I know the economy is hitting a lot of us hard right now. It is a bad time, sadly.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:06 am      Reply with quote
I really like the Daily Power Defense and the Overnight Recovery Cream so maybe the eye cream and the Growth Factor Serum could go since my face is not red or sensative. HELP thoughts ???

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:53 am      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
I really like the Daily Power Defense and the Overnight Recovery Cream so maybe the eye cream and the Growth Factor Serum could go since my face is not red or sensative. HELP thoughts ???

Redhead, if you really love the Daily Power Defense and the Overnight Recovery cream, AND can afford to keep them, I would suggest keeping the DPD and Overnight Recovery, and returning the eye cream and GFS. Let us know what you decide.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:56 am      Reply with quote
You are right they may be the 2 key products that go with my NuDerm maintenance. I do like the other 2 products but I think you are right back they will go.

5% products discount

Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:06 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
The sunscreen - this is my favorite so far out of all the products. It is tinted and matches with my medium/light olive skin exactly. This has a great slip and feels very nice on the skin - you forget you have sunscreen on. Best feeling sunscreen I have ever worn. I have not had the opportunity to test how effective this is, as we have not had many sunny days recently in FL! If I don't have any new freckles pop up, this is a definite repurchase.

Drat...that means it probably wouldn't match my corpse pallor, which I refer to as "freshly embalmed." Sad

No I think it's nice on fair skin.
I saw ad in a magazine is late August for this new line, I am not familiar with his products but love new things..looked on his website found it was sold in some
Nordstrom stores I felt since a sunblock is vital to antiaging I'd give it a whirl my charge card was paid off anway, so I spent get this 85.00 on 1 oz. pump bottle of this sunblock Shock and it's a wonderful product..cannot say enough good about it used 3 times will only use for special events if out near the sun, but I cannot keep up with this small bottles price as much as I like it..it is fine for light skin like mine, does not darken my skin - it evens it out it has melanin in it to take away any white cast I suppose with a physical sunblock.
I apply it over my moisturizer, it is a primer and sunblock in one and I was seeking that!
It is the best thing I've ever used on my skin sunblock-wise and and primer-wise, I looked healthy glowy natural smooth...if I was rich I'd own a closet full of this!! Very Happy the other poster is right.
I asked for samples and they were so cheap I got 2 wee samples of this scrub and a more hydrating cleanser but that sample was so small it barely covered my face so cannot tell you about it, the scrub was harsh in my opinion but left a smooth lotion-like feel to the skin, I'd only use it 2 times a week using any AHA or BHA.
So that's it..wish I was rich person for this one item in the ZO line.

ps: The Spf is 30 wish it was more - it is very pure and high in zinc.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:31 am      Reply with quote
mimi57 wrote:
No I think it's nice on fair skin.I saw ad in a magazine is late August for this new line, I am not familiar with his products but love new things..looked on his website found it was sold in some
Nordstrom stores I felt since a sunblock is vital to antiaging I'd give it a whirl my charge card was paid off anway, so I spent get this 85.00 on 1 oz. pump bottle of this sunblock Shock and it's a wonderful product..cannot say enough good about it used 3 times will only use for special events if out near the sun, but I cannot keep up with this small bottles price as much as I like it..it is fine for light skin like mine, does not darken my skin - it evens it out it has melanin in it to take away any white cast I suppose with a physical sunblock.
I apply it over my moisturizer, it is a primer and sunblock in one and I was seeking that!
It is the best thing I've ever used on my skin sunblock-wise and and primer-wise, I looked healthy glowy natural smooth...if I was rich I'd own a closet full of this!! Very Happy the other poster is right.
I asked for samples and they were so cheap I got 2 wee samples of this scrub and a more hydrating cleanser but that sample was so small it barely covered my face so cannot tell you about it, the scrub was harsh in my opinion but left a smooth lotion-like feel to the skin, I'd only use it 2 times a week using any AHA or BHA.
So that's it..wish I was rich person for this one item in the ZO line.

ps: The Spf is 30 wish it was more - it is very pure and high in zinc.

I agree, mimi57. Best sunscreen I personally have ever used. I just love it. I use mine every day. I got the jumpstart kit, and then sunscreen is included in that. That ended up lasting 6 weeks using once a day on my face and neck, just for your info!
MsJill

Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:32 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks, pinklyfe. I am trying to pace myself, as well, so I understand! I think the ZO face products look really good, as well, and I would love to try the sunscreen. I think anything from obagi will be great.

I have used the sunscreen in the new ZO line and I have to say it's one of my favorite products. I run and it stays put even on the hottest of days. They call it a "primer" and I do use it in place of foundation as it has a bit of tint and evens out my skin just enough that I don't need to use anything else. I love it! Also love the exfoliating scrub. I'm very budget conscious but these two products are worth every penny and last quite a while.

5% products discount

Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with what I am reading here; the ZO sunscreen is miraculous for me. (I am in the process of getting ready for a blue peel, and am using both the NuDerm and ZO products.) Since my skin is peely and red right now, having a combo of primer and sunscreen is a lifesaver. I appreciate the lack of scary chemical blockers in it.
Last week I wasn't thinking and made the mistake of grabbing a leftover Neutrogena sunscreen and putting it on my face. Let me tell you - it wasn't on for long, because it stung like you wouldn't believe. In the past I have had reactions to sunscreen, but it never really clicked that it was the chemicals. Now that I am older and wiser, and have Oclipse - I get it.
On the subject of skincare and the current economy: I was talking to a girlfriend yesterday about this very thing. We both agreed that we would rather keep up our skin care regimen no matter what. The thought was: So much time and effort has been put into making our skin the best it can be, that we would rather cut corners in another area. No wine with dinner? Fine, drinking water will help hydrate anyhow. Smile We ladies put so much effort into our skin - which is really important as it is our largest organ - I personally would feel like I was not being responsible with the time and money that I had already invested. I'm only having coffee from home, making lunch and dinner for me and my husband, and no other frivolous purchases. I think by doing this I can keep up with the products I use and love. I need to keep some glamour for myself!
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:46 am      Reply with quote
It sound interesting. I am waiting for EDS stocking it.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I have a question for FYIguy (Justin). Is there anything in the ZO eye cream that would cause eyelashes to grow? For the past 1-2 days, when I have looked in the mirror, it really seems as if my eyelashes are longer. I do also apply the Growth Factor Serum around the bottom and sides of my eyes, but not on my browbone, which is why I am assuming it is something in the ZO eye cream causing this. (This is a good thing, as I love long eyelashes. So I am thrilled, but I wonder what could be causing the growth?)
FYIguy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I have a question for FYIguy (Justin). Is there anything in the ZO eye cream that would cause eyelashes to grow? For the past 1-2 days, when I have looked in the mirror, it really seems as if my eyelashes are longer. I do also apply the Growth Factor Serum around the bottom and sides of my eyes, but not on my browbone, which is why I am assuming it is something in the ZO eye cream causing this. (This is a good thing, as I love long eyelashes. So I am thrilled, but I wonder what could be causing the growth?)

Hi Rileygirl,

I'm going to need to look into this further. Peptides have been used in hair treatment before to stimulate growth (copper peptides) with interesting results. There has also been suggestions that growth factors could also lead to similar results.

Let me do a little research and get back to you. If anyone else here on EDS is using the eye cream, I'd be interested in hearing if you had a similar experience.

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
Vice President - Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Hi Rileygirl,

I'm going to need to look into this further. Peptides have been used in hair treatment before to stimulate growth (copper peptides) with interesting results. There has also been suggestions that growth factors could also lead to similar results.

Let me do a little research and get back to you. If anyone else here on EDS is using the eye cream, I'd be interested in hearing if you had a similar experience.

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
Vice President - Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Justin. I am looking forward to what you can find out. It's great for me whatever it is, but I am so curious!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:

I am! I noticed a spurt of my growth in my eyelashes last week, and never considered that it could be the eye cream. Shock I need to compare my eyes more closely since I am only using the ZO eye cream on one eye (and Relastin on the other). I am using the Growth Factor Serum on the brow bone and under both eyes, however.

I'll report in tomorrow.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I need to compare my eyes more closely since I am only using the ZO eye cream on one eye (and Relastin on the other). I am using the Growth Factor Serum on the brow bone and under both eyes, however. I'll report in tomorrow.

What's the verdict, Bethany?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:
I need to compare my eyes more closely since I am only using the ZO eye cream on one eye (and Relastin on the other). I am using the Growth Factor Serum on the brow bone and under both eyes, however. I'll report in tomorrow.

What's the verdict, Bethany?

I did see slightly more length, and definitely more new lashes coming in on the ZO eye cream side. However, I am using both Revitalash and Marini Lash (alternating nights), so that may be why I am not seeing quote as dramatic results as you. I am also using the GFS on both eyes since I roll there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to share a recent observation on the ZO products...when I first started using them, I absolutely HAD to use the ZO Overnight Recovery Creme every night or I felt too dry.

But now that it has been a month+, I no longer feel like I have to use it every night...my skin seems more hydrated on a daily basis.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update, Bethany. I am not using any thing on my lashes (no result for me from the Beauty Lash - so I have not tried anything else). I am quite pleased about my lash growth and am anxiously awaiting what Justin has found out!

Great news on your skin being more hydrated feeling!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Great news on your skin being more hydrated feeling!

And great news from a $$$ standpoint...that means that I can keep the Overnight Recovery Creme for when I REALLY need it (like after flying) and it will last longer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Does anybody know if EDS wil be selling ZO products?

I live in England and at the moment this seems the only way I can get it.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Lifecoach, it is my understanding that right now they will not be sold at EDS. There are some places in England selling this. Have you checked back a few pages, as I believe ZOSkinHealth posted what places in England they were selling the product.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
lifecoach wrote:
Does anybody know if EDS wil be selling ZO products?

There is a thread in the EDS Lounge asking about lines people want EDS to carry...there are 6 requests for ZO on the last 2 pages (and that is just from people who post here)

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7937&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=475

Maybe EDS and ZO can work something out...it would definitely provide a more cost effective delivery service for people in Canada, and give international buyers a way to actually get the product since ZO doesn't ship outside the US and Canada.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I sent an email to zo skin health asking for product recommendations. I'm using Finacea currently and also wanted to know whether it's suitable to continue using the Finacea with the ZO line but they didn't give me much of an answer to that question.

They said if you're currently working with other lines that they recommend using less aggressive products. They recommended using

AM: Offects Hydrating Cleanser. Ossential Daily Power Defense. Ommerse Daily Renewal Creme. Oclipse Sunscreen

PM: Offects Hyrdating Cleanser. Ossential Growth Factor Serum. Ommerse Overnight Recovery Creme. Olluminate Intense Eye Cream.

I know only a few have you have used products from the line, but what do you think of the routine recommended? Thanks.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
I sent an email to zo skin health asking for product recommendations. I'm using Finacea currently and also wanted to know whether it's suitable to continue using the Finacea with the ZO line but they didn't give me much of an answer to that question.

They said if you're currently working with other lines that they recommend using less aggressive products. They recommended using

AM: Offects Hydrating Cleanser. Ossential Daily Power Defense. Ommerse Daily Renewal Creme. Oclipse Sunscreen

PM: Offects Hyrdating Cleanser. Ossential Growth Factor Serum. Ommerse Overnight Recovery Creme. Olluminate Intense Eye Cream.

I know only a few have you have used products from the line, but what do you think of the routine recommended? Thanks.

A little more info from you would be nice so we can give opinions! What is your age and what are you trying to accomplish with the ZO products.

But, if you are using Finacea, I assume you have rosacea and/or acne? Is that correct? (Based on that fact alone the recommendations look good as there is nothing they recommended you use that would make your rosacea flare-up.)
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
They said if you're currently working with other lines that they recommend using less aggressive products.

Hmm...that is kind of a blanket statement.

But Rileygirl is right...if you share a little more info, we will be better prepared to answer your question. Smile

She mentioned using Finacea...acne and rosacea are reasons to use it, as well as hyperpigmentation. Which categories do you fall in?

Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |