Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Wow. I guess one size dosne't fit all...it's perfect for me, it blends in without leaving any color behind...but I'm medium/yellow undertones. I agree that it's the best sunscreen I've ever tried.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I'm with Marina - Geez, I didn't think it seemed dark at all ... Maybe ZO needs to put together a lighter shade also. But PLEASE don't take away this one....

Sis
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I am a medium skin - some would say fair - medium. I wear either natural or sand in Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer (when I wear it which is never Laughing ) And the ZO is PERFECT for me as a primer or as my base makeup. My skin tends toward oily and I have no problem at all. I love the color - it blends in beautifully. I thought it would actually be too light for me. Seems like I have the opposite problem of many.

And Beth needs 60 pads to a box!

Sis, I wear Porcelain in the LM Tinted Moisturizer (just for comparison's sake).

And I would LOVE 60 pads. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I'm with Marina - Geez, I didn't think it seemed dark at all ... Maybe ZO needs to put together a lighter shade also. But PLEASE don't take away this one....

Sis

We discussed this earlier in the thread, and since most people pick a medium shade, the likelihood of ZO making a lighter color is slim to none, so you are safe. Smile However, when Donna mentioned Singapore, I was thinking along the lines of M1rox's comment below...

m1rox wrote:
And Donna, Justin, if you're eyeing the Asian market, the beige tint isn't very flattering to fair Chinese and Japanese ladies (that's a big market sector for your products).

After I exhaust my current stash of Oclipse, I will start searching for something more suitable for my corpse flesh.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Chinese and Japanese ladies prefer to look lily white even when they're not really that fair. Especially the sector of "tai tais" (wealthy Chinese ladies who don't have to work) who are the likely target of ZO Skinhealth (because they can afford their prices). Not sure if they would like the "beige" look. The Clarins brand which is popular in Asia has two versions of their sunblock: an untinted one, and another with tint.
missmia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:49 am      Reply with quote
I agree, ZO should add a lighter shade option. When i first received my jumpstart kit, i had just returned from a week in the Maldives and my face was tanned(even just from snorkelling) and it worked-just, but now i'm returning back to normal, i'm having to mix two pumps of Occlipse with two big drops of Nu-Derms zinc oxide healthy skin protector to lighten the shade, which is not the perfect solution but it does work. Thank you for the tip, ladies Smile
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Bethany....I don't think you're the only one with "corpse" skin colour. Sometimes my "ivory" foundation seems too dark for me. Casper the friendly ghost has more colour than I do!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Bethany....I don't think you're the only one with "corpse" skin colour. Sometimes my "ivory" foundation seems too dark for me. Casper the friendly ghost has more colour than I do!!

Cool...I'm not alone anymore!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
It's Chic to be so light. Count your blessings Ladies! I'd like to lose a couple shades of my coloring - everyone always thinks I'm in the sun and the crazy thing is I'm never in the sun. And my hair is more blonde than anything (natural - med blonde) and blue eyes but skin tone is dark comparatively. I'd love to have that peaches and cream look.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
The grass is always greener....on fair skin, the pigmentation shows up a lot more. You can see all the minor blemishes more clearly.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
The grass is always greener....on fair skin, the pigmentation shows up a lot more. You can see all the minor blemishes more clearly.

Very true!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Mlrox, yes, that is very true. I never thought of my pale skin tone as a blessing. Everything does show up. Oh, and I never thought of my skin tone as "peaches and cream" but rather more like "Morticia" from the Adams Family. Bad Grin
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
And...it's also very difficult to get make up for fair skin that doesn't turn orange, brown or pink on us. Drugstore brands' generic foundation colours are a nightmare.
FYIguy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

This is a very interesting dialogue... it is something we've talked about before on EDS (adding different tints), but I'm open to talking about it again.

Different tinting to the product is a concept that has been considered and reconsidered here at ZO Skin Health. What would be really helpful to me so I can further document the interest is if everyone that is using or has tried the product could drop a quick post in this thread with a simple opinion on Oclipse with regard to the tint.

Please limit responses to the following four answers (so I can tally things easily):

Perfect tint (current product)
A little lighter would be nice
Much lighter would be best
I need a darker version

Thank you in advance for your feedback. This will be very helpful in our consideration of adding different tints to the line.

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
VP of R&D
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:
Hi everyone,

This is a very interesting dialogue... it is something we've talked about before on EDS (adding different tints), but I'm open to talking about it again.

Different tinting to the product is a concept that has been considered and reconsidered here at ZO Skin Health. What would be really helpful to me so I can further document the interest is if everyone that is using or has tried the product could drop a quick post in this thread with a simple opinion on Oclipse with regard to the tint.

Please limit responses to the following four answers (so I can tally things easily):

Perfect tint (current product)
A little lighter would be nice
Much lighter would be best
I need a darker version

Thank you in advance for your feedback. This will be very helpful in our consideration of adding different tints to the line.

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
VP of R&D
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

Perfect tint
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Perfect tint
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Perfect tint.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Much lighter would be best.
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I AM HAPPY WITH Perfect tint.Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Perfect tint

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Much lighter.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
A little lighter.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:15 am      Reply with quote
A little lighter.

5% products discount

Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
perfect tint!
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
Perfect tint!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |