Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone Tried Pretika Lightsonic Pulsating Light Therapy?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
I spotted the a Pretika Lightsonic Pulsating light while reading about their Sonic-DermaBrasion Facial System (the cheaper-than-Clarisonic option). It's powered by 2 x AA batteries and doesn't contain amber lights.

I'm curious, has anyone actually tried it?

With the thread about DIY amber LEDs (which includes the link where someone makes their own by changing the LEDs in a torch!), I'm wondering whether this much-cheaper alternative is any good, too.

http://www.amazon.com/Pretika-ST197-Lightsonic-Pulsating-Therapy/dp/B000F5EGFA/ref=pd_bxgy_hpc_text_b

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
kylatay

Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've actually been using it on and off for a year. (Mostly off, being lazy) I can't say anything about Wrinkles (I don't have any yet) But it works for Acne!!

I think it's a very good deal and I can't find any reason to think it wouldn't work. When I hold it up to my hand the light shines through my fingers (like a strong flashlight does) so the LEDs are pretty strong. It's nm are the right numbers (there is no infrared though)

I've been really surprised that I haven't seen more people talk about it. However it really only covers a few inches at a time and I find I have to do it for 30 to 40 mins to cover my whole face. (this is the reason I haven't been consistant with it) I use rechargable batteries with it and change them with every 2 uses.

For the last two weeks or so I've been using it every 2nd to 3rd day. This is giving me good results (I am also using blue lights for acne and currently my face is extremely clear)

I paid $30 for it at Rite-Aid on the west coast. I never used the cleaners and creams it came with. I don't like the ingredients
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I'm surprised more people haven't tried it too, it's a steal at the price.

Great to hear that it's working for you kylatay! Pretika seem to advertise it more as an anti-aging tool. If only these things were around when I suffered horribly from acne!

I'd prefer my gadgets to be battery powered, rechargeables keep their charge and are more powerful nowadays.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
It works on acne? That's really cool. I probably won't buy it anytime soon (it's enough trouble to use the pretika brush) but it's good to know that something effective and inexpensive is on the market. I'll definitely keep it in mind. I'm probably too lazy for it now though. If my skin takes a turn for the worse, I'll rethink that. Smile

Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, blue light kills the acne bug and the red light is suppose to help with healing and such. I've read 2 actual studies about blue/red lights on acne.....and I figured what did I have to lose.

Sure enough if you take the time to do it should work on most people. (But I still have to drink water, eat healthy and take vitamins to really clear up like I am now. I don't think lights alone would be my cure-all)

Worth the $30 for me. Smile
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:21 am      Reply with quote
I use it; I thought I'd see if it worked -- and if I used it -- before shelling out major bucks for any other DPL device.

I'm sticking with this one. :-> I use it at night in bed, while reading or... skimming the forum. Very easy to handle, light, no cord.

i think it's great.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:35 am      Reply with quote
I haven't heard of this one. I have LightStim. Has anyone compared the two?

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
Kitteny
5% products discount

Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
UGH. Just when I thought I had narrowed my search down to prolight and lightstim, now here's another choice.

Is this a hand held light?

Oh, sorry, I just now saw the link above. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I did some searching and this really does look good.
I had posted more info on it,but it didnt get on this thread. The price runs around $40.oo and it is listed on Targets site,Amazon,Drugstore.
How cool is that ????
Smile
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:18 am      Reply with quote
As with almost every thread I read on this board - I was interested enough to order this product.

Stupid thing is I DID try the lightstim a year ago but sent it back because of the price and no results - maybe I didnt use it long enough though. But at this price for the pretika - I figured what the heck...

My question is Ive read that some of these LED devices help with wound healing... I just had 2 surgeries to remove desplastic (sp) moles on my back. Do you guys think this device will possibly help with my new scars? I dont want to waste time if it may not be strong enough.

THANKS!!!
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
mb,thanks so much for the honest opinion on the LightStim,as for healing I know it is the red and infrared. It will help with the healing time.
There is quite a bit of info on Skin Biololgy site for scar care.
I do think it is easier to help minimize new scars rather than old ones. I hope it is an easy to reach area on your back.

Do you like your new Pretika light? Smile
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
yeah - i think i had the lightstim for over 2 months - sent it back in time to be refunded. I certainly tried to use it as often as possible so I could determine if I should keep it. I have occasional breakouts and not so firm skin and didnt see an improvement in either case.

I didnt get the pretika yet. I just ordered it 2 days ago. Smile But im patiently waiting for it - to add to my 3 other instruments - dermarollar, cupping set and facemaster. I have to stop reading this website.

I did try copper peptides (of course) a few years ago. Again I didnt see a difference and I just got bored (I ended up finishing the products just to get rid of them). The one scar is on the back of my shoulder and the other is in the center of my back - so thats why i want to see if the pretika may work because i definitely dont want to waste time holding my arm in the air for too long. Smile
Jewels385
5% products discount

Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
I just joined this great site Very Happy and can't believe I didn't find it sooner (I'm a HUGE internet surfer). I also just bought the Pretika light product off of Amazon today and added the Pretika microdermabrasion kit - and to top it off I got free shipping for both! Very Happy I hope to get these in the mail by next week and plan to start right away! The prices can't be beat ($35 - light product and $25 for the microdermabrasion). I have been using Rejuvenique and derma wand and look forward to adding these products. It can at least kill time as I save for salon/spa procedures! Wink

5% products discount

Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Any of you who have purchased this product care to give a review? How's it working for you?
Tesse
5% products discount

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using it. I bought it for $20 at CVS. I like it quite a bit and I'm pleased with the low cost. I figured I would try it and see what I thought before purchasing something more exepensive. And so far I'm happy enough with this. I've been combining it with fresh Vit C lotion and other homemade lotions, and I do think my skin seems a little tighter.
Jewels385
5% products discount

Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
Tesse,

What do you think about the products that come with it? Do you also use those?

I've also read people say thay change the batteries every two days to keep the light strong - do you do that too?

Thanks,

Juli

5% products discount

Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't use the products that came with it. I think I threw them in the trash.

I haven't noticed any decrease in the strength of the light so I haven't changed the batteries at all. I typically use it when I'm reading a book at night (just lay it on my neck or the side of my face) so I use it maybe 30-60 minutes at a time.

If I did notice any problem in light strength, I'd probably just use rechargable batteries (which I have and always keep charged).
Jewels385
5% products discount

Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for you reply Tesse.

Are you noticing any decrease in wrinkles? or age spots?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I havent used mine that often. But I will say after using it last night I do think that my one cheek seems a little more plumped. (i have a few devices - as mentioned above - but I hadnt used any this week) So who knows if Im just seeing things or even if it was the LED that did it.

I will also say that I dont use the products every time. But when I used them a few nights ago - I did break out a little - again who is to say that has anything to do with this device. But when I use them again - I will pay attention to breakouts.

I dont know why it has pulsating and non-pulsating options - anyone know??? Does pulsating have more advantages? Mine also hums very loud if i hold it a certain way...
Tesse
5% products discount

Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
My reason for using it is for skin firmness. Quite honestly, with everything I do for my skin it's hard to pinpoint exactly what has the "most" effect on improving it. I personally think the best thing for fine wrinkles and discloration is regular peels at the skin doctor (I get them for roseacia).

I don't know why pulsing or non-pulsing would be better. It seems gimacky to me. Also the noise is annoying. My husband jokes that it's my vibrator. Rolling Eyes
Jewels385
5% products discount

Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I changed the batteries last night as I had noticed the light was weaker. Instantly it was at least 10 times stronger with fresh batteries. I couldn't believe it and also noticed a bigger difference in my skin afterwards like it did in the beginning. That is amazing.

Ya, I'm also not sure what the deal with the vibrating mode versus non-vibrating is I only know that I read online for "product instructions" that the pulsating one is suppose to be used after the dermabrasion, and then the second was (non pulsating) is used after the anti-oxidant treatment is applied. I don't think I'll replace any of the skincare products that come with the kit (pretika dermabrasion or pretika lightsonic) but do want to find a good microdermabrasion cream to use when using the motorized brush and also a nice anti-oxidant product. Any ideas?

Thanks.

5% products discount

Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't done microdermabrasion, so I have no idea if you can use a regular cream or need something specific. Can you use grainy or smooth? What's the idea behind the cream? I find just powerded vitamin C in a good base is a nice grainy texture. Almost like a fine scrub or polishing cream...

BTW, I'm going to be a "bad girl" and probably go have a Titan session before the holidays...
Shock
Tesse
5% products discount

Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
One thing to keep in mind if you are comparing these devices, this one is only 660nm so Baby Quasar and others that go higher are probably more effective.

There are other products like the Mini-marvel, which I believe is 660 nm as well. So at that power, this is definitely the more affordable option.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Tesse wrote:
I don't know why pulsing or non-pulsing would be better. It seems gimacky to me.

I thought the same thing, just a gimmick to drive up the price, but apparently not:

From the 302 review thread:

"A blast of LED (set for the red/yellow spectrum and pulsed) will be nice helpful in settling the skin down after an ultrasound session." http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=404126

This was a note from Dr Huber, creator of the line, giving specific instructions on how to combat some problems that a thread member is having. So apparently, there are practical applications for the pulse feature.

Despite the good reviews, I'm having a very hard time believing that this item has enough strength to really make any significant, clinical difference. And despite that I'm still very tempted to try it. I should probably just save up for a Prolight Red, but... at this price, it's hard to turn down!
Jewels385
5% products discount

Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:12 am      Reply with quote
I got it off of Amazon for $35 and free shipping! I do think it's helping soften my skin and maybe is slightly reducing some brown spots. I'll keep you posted as I keep using it but I don't think you can beat the price at Amazon. Very Happy

Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |