Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
ZO Skincare by Obagi?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone order the products or started kit rather than using maintenance?

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
i did 18 weeks on NuDerm and then maintenance. I've used ZO since april, started with Ossential Growth factor serum and Occlipse SPF, and my new favorite addition is Te pads. i'd say your good to switch; my skin's continued to get healthier
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
thanks

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:42 am      Reply with quote
i went to the ZO site and it looks amazing. Anyone know if EDS will stock it?????
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
golfer wrote:
i did 18 weeks on NuDerm and then maintenance. I've used ZO since april, started with Ossential Growth factor serum and Occlipse SPF, and my new favorite addition is Te pads. i'd say your good to switch; my skin's continued to get healthier

hi golfer, i'm currently using obagi nu derm but i would like to start using the occlipse sunscreen instead of the sunscreen by obagi since it leaves a white cast on my face.
is the occlipse spf good for oily skin? i have oily acne-prone skin and was wondering if it would make me any oilier or look greasy.
thanks.
golfer

Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi dm26, I have oily skin--particularly in the T-zone, but the ZO Occlipse is fine because it's silicone and gives a matte finish. The tint masks the ghost-effect. It's the first sunscreen that I actually look forward to applying. I've used it all summer, and no problem.
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
golfer wrote:
Hi dm26, I have oily skin--particularly in the T-zone, but the ZO Occlipse is fine because it's silicone and gives a matte finish. The tint masks the ghost-effect. It's the first sunscreen that I actually look forward to applying. I've used it all summer, and no problem.

thanks alot golfer Very Happy . that's great news. i'll definitely be switching to the occlipse sunscreen then.
jackiet_mcc
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I have been using the nu-derm for a long time. years. I really don't understand this Zo. I looked at the site and the stimulate products are very expensive. night repair is $325, growth factor is $195, and power defense is $175.
These are OTC products. How can they be as potent as prescription products. And haven't we always been told that to get th best result the quickest, we should dilute the Nu-derm with other products as they reduce the effectiveness. For example, we know not to use a moisturizer with nu-derm, and we should only use the tolereen when and if we absolutely have to. I don't know about anybody else but something about this new line does not feel right to me. Can;t put my finger on it though. Does it undermine the MD's who sell the nu-derm product. They can't sell the zo line, it's OTC. Does it say that the Zo is just as good as the Nuderm, a prescription line? Have we been sold a bill of goods all these years about not diluting the products. There's someone in this forum who represents Obagi, ZoHealth, I think and she says we can use the exfoliating polish. Haven't we always been told not to pick or pull our skin as it will leave scars, (and it will). Now she says to go ahead and use the exfoliating polish every day.
I don't know about you people, but something doesn't smell right to me. I have been using the nu-derm for at least ten years, off and on. More on because if I stop, my skin goes back to being dull and discolored.
Anyway, As much as I love skincare and taking care of my skin $325 is a little step for one product. That's my two cents.
zoskinhealth
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
First, I regret the confusion, but I (as president of ZO Skin Health) will attempt to dispel the misunderstanding.

1. Both the Obagi and the ZO Skin Health lines were developed by Zein Obagi, MD. He developed the skin health concept and has been a practicing dermatologist for 35 years. He is not actively employed by either company (Obagi Medical Products or ZO Skin Health) full time, and never has been, but he is active in both. Quite literally, his name is written all over both companies. He's the mastermind and formulator behind them.

2. The ZO Skin Health line is based on a 5-step process--Cleanse, Activate (to increase the penetration of active ingredients); Stimulate (to awaken and rejuvenate dormant cells); Calm and Nourish; and Protect (sunscreen).

3. Dr. Obagi developed his new line because (A) he believes that most of the skin care products that are sold at retail today contain insufficiently low concentrations of active ingredients to stimulate cellular activity or rejuvenate skin. That's why there is so little brand loyalty in skin care. (B) he realizes that most people who are on the Obagi regimen don't have a continuum of care--that is, after they complete the 18 week regimen, many revert to traditional drug or department store brands. That's where people like to shop. He doesn't want people's skin to revert to the original "dull and discolored" look that you mentioned. So the ZO line is intended for people who want to maintain the results. (C) there's a substantial % of people who don't want the redness associated with NuDerm, but still want to improve their skin.

4. I have recommended certain ZO products to be used in conjunction with the original Obagi NuDerm line, because Dr. Obagi has found that his own patients on NuDerm benefit from it. The Exfoliating Polish won't improve the result of NuDerm (no ZO product is intended to do that). The Exfoliating Polish is not at all like picking or pulling your skin (and you're right, picking and pulling are definitely not recommended!). All it does is polish off the dry, flaking stuff. And it's entirely optional. If you're OK with the dry, flaking skin, and it doesn't bother you, then there's no reason to buy the Polish.

5. You are correct that the new OTC line, ZO Skin Health, is not as potent as the original Obagi line. It does not contain 4% hydroquinone or retinoic acid. No product that is sold in department stores does. ZO is not medical-grade. And by the way, many products that are dispensed through physicians are not medical grade, either. Obagi NuDerm is one of the few exceptions.

6. The two lines are not at all competitive; they are complementary. As a dermatologist himself, I assure you, Dr. Obagi doesn't want to compete with dermatologists.

7. I would agree, while you are on the NuDerm regimen, I would not dilute the products with other products. When I did the NuDerm regimen, I followed the program religiously. My only addition was the Exfoliating Polish.

8. I admit that Ossential Radical Night Repair ($325) is pricey. No other company produces a retail product with such a high concentration of retinol, either because it's too irritating, or because the retinol doesn't remain stable after being opened. Because Radical Night Repair contains the highest concentration of encapsulated retinol (1%), in an anhydrous base, time-release formula, it solves the stability and irritation problems. It's the most effective product on the retail market for stimulating the cells to repair and rejuvenate, without causing irritation. It's designed for people who have already completed the NuDerm 18-week program, or those who don't want the redness, peeling, etc associated with that program. But none of our STimulator products are designed to be used in conjunction with the NuDerm 18-week program. That's more stimulation than your skin needs.

As for the price of the Daily Power Defense and Growth Factor Serum, they're comparably priced to other retail products.

I'm pleased that you are a satisfied NuDerm user, and I regret any confusion. At the risk of being long-winded, hopefully I have answered your questions. If you wish, I'll direct you to contact someone who handles clinical protocols and is very familiar with both brands, and can better answer your questions. Or, you're welcome to contact me, either by email or at the office. Thanks! And by the way, my real name is...

Donna Queen

jackiet_mcc wrote:
Hi all,
I have been using the nu-derm for a long time. years. I really don't understand this Zo. I looked at the site and the stimulate products are very expensive. night repair is $325, growth factor is $195, and power defense is $175.
These are OTC products. How can they be as potent as prescription products. And haven't we always been told that to get th best result the quickest, we should dilute the Nu-derm with other products as they reduce the effectiveness. For example, we know not to use a moisturizer with nu-derm, and we should only use the tolereen when and if we absolutely have to. I don't know about anybody else but something about this new line does not feel right to me. Can;t put my finger on it though. Does it undermine the MD's who sell the nu-derm product. They can't sell the zo line, it's OTC. Does it say that the Zo is just as good as the Nuderm, a prescription line? Have we been sold a bill of goods all these years about not diluting the products. There's someone in this forum who represents Obagi, ZoHealth, I think and she says we can use the exfoliating polish. Haven't we always been told not to pick or pull our skin as it will leave scars, (and it will). Now she says to go ahead and use the exfoliating polish every day.
I don't know about you people, but something doesn't smell right to me. I have been using the nu-derm for at least ten years, off and on. More on because if I stop, my skin goes back to being dull and discolored.
Anyway, As much as I love skincare and taking care of my skin $325 is a little step for one product. That's my two cents.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
zoskinhealth wrote:

8. I admit that Ossential Radical Night Repair ($325) is pricey. No other company produces a retail product with such a high concentration of retinol, either because it's too irritating, or because the retinol doesn't remain stable after being opened. Because Radical Night Repair contains the highest concentration of encapsulated retinol (1%), in an anhydrous base, time-release formula, it solves the stability and irritation problems. It's the most effective product on the retail market for stimulating the cells to repair and rejuvenate, without causing irritation.

Donna, thanks for taking the time to share this information.

As a Retin A user, I am all for limiting the irritation AND seeing the benefits! Can you please share some of the comparative results of Radical Night Repair against some of the other products you tested?

Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
had to stop 2 days ago my NuDerm maintenance. All of a sudden my face turned bright red and hurt like you know what. I was using the Exforderm every third night as well and the tret/blender the same way not on the same days. Everytime I put the exforderm or anything on my face it burned. Iam taking a break until my skin calms down. My sun damage is gone and that was my main concern and my skin is even toned. I will still look into the jump start kit unless you guys think I may be just to sensative I was fine during the initial 18 weeks but maintenance just is not working out. Cleanser/toner/clear/ss all fine not tret/blender or exforderm. Thanks for any feedback that you guys and Donna can give-Dale

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
bethany, sure, I'd be happy to on Tuesday. It's a little difficult to send all of the charts and spreadsheets, etc. via this forum, but I'll definitely send you the topline results. The study was done by an independent research firm (Bioscreen), but I can share the results with you.

Radical Night Repair doesn't contain retinoic acid, but the retinol is at a sufficiently high concentration that the body converts it to retinoic acid. So rather than working from the top (skin surface) down, it works from the cells up (hence there is very little, if any, irritation).
bethany wrote:
zoskinhealth wrote:

8. I admit that Ossential Radical Night Repair ($325) is pricey. No other company produces a retail product with such a high concentration of retinol, either because it's too irritating, or because the retinol doesn't remain stable after being opened. Because Radical Night Repair contains the highest concentration of encapsulated retinol (1%), in an anhydrous base, time-release formula, it solves the stability and irritation problems. It's the most effective product on the retail market for stimulating the cells to repair and rejuvenate, without causing irritation.

Donna, thanks for taking the time to share this information.

As a Retin A user, I am all for limiting the irritation AND seeing the benefits! Can you please share some of the comparative results of Radical Night Repair against some of the other products you tested?

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
zoskinhealth wrote:
bethany, sure, I'd be happy to on Tuesday. It's a little difficult to send all of the charts and spreadsheets, etc. via this forum, but I'll definitely send you the topline results. The study was done by an independent research firm (Bioscreen), but I can share the results with you.

That would be fabulous...thanks so much!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
zoskinhealth, are all the products of Obagi Zo oil-free?? if not, which ones are and which ones aren't?
thanks.
zoskinhealth
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
dm26 wrote:
zoskinhealth, are all the products of Obagi Zo oil-free?? if not, which ones are and which ones aren't?
thanks.

Sorry for the delayed response, dm26, I am checking with our R&D people, as I want to be accurate in my response to you, and will get back to you NLT tomorrow.

Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:23 am      Reply with quote
vassbeaute wrote:
i went to the ZO site and it looks amazing. Anyone know if EDS will stock it?????

Yes, we will be launching ZO Skin Health on EDS in the first half of December.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
All, please post any ZO questions to the thread below:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30374

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Magda! I love EDS! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |