Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Blank page at the end of each thread
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Is this just me, or does everyone get a blank at the end of each thread, saying there are no posts? When I get a notification that a watched thread has a new post, I click on the link, and I'm taken to the blank page, where I blunder around, go back to the full forum, and eventually find the thread to read the new posts. I tried it using both FireFox and Internet Explorer browsers, and it's the same. Maybe it's something wrong with my account settings?

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
havana8

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
It's nothing we are doing, catballou. I copied some of the posts explaining the issue below. HTHs. Smile

Diana P wrote:
Sorry, I know this is off topic, but it's really bugging me. When posts get closer to the end of the page, why does the thread add another page to it but there are no posts? If I click on my email that says a post was made to my watched topic, all I get is a message saying "This topic does not contain any posts or it has been moved." Then I have to go find the KH thread then click on the second last page to find the last posts. This happens to me other threads also. It a PITA is it just me that is having this problem?

Mabsy wrote:
Hi ladies,

The forum has for quite some time now done background spam filtering, which is why you see very little actual spam on here. It still gets posted (LOTS of it) but as it goes through our spam filter it gets quarantined. That is why sometimes you see a thread with a few pages and when you click on one it tells you that no posts exist (they do, but they are not visible since they are nasty spam).

Best,
Mabsy

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=783&highlight=queen

Mabsy wrote:
Bushy - that is correct. We have spam filtering in place that filters out A LOT of spam - it essentially just makes it invisible, hence sometimes you get these threads that say that there are 20 posts when only 5 might be showing. I've cleaned up the thread you mentioned and posted an explanation there, all removed posts were spam. As we go through these on a regular basis we ban the people that post them but much of the spam is posted automatically.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=385132&highlight=spam#385132

bethany wrote:

When Mabsy said they quarantine the spam, that means they make the post invisible until they can review them manually.

The reason that EDS reviews them all manually is so that they can then block them and avoid future from the same posters.

Honestly, I think it's a small price to pay for a free forum that also gives you a discount just for participating.

I just always click on the page BEFORE the last page, skin to the bottom for the new messages, and then go to the next page if I already read that post....which only costs me a few seconds and one extra click, but no irritation from seeing that blank screen. Very Happy

Mabsy wrote:
The error only seems to happen when a spam message exists and has been quarantined (and has not yet been deleted - you get the error because the message DOES exist but you have no permissions on your account to view it). I know this through personal experience with the system and have not yet seen any other situation in which this error comes up. If I see it come up in any other situation then I will stand corrected. The spam filtering system is the best option that we have come up with to keep the forum as much spam free as we can. If we turn this off the forum will not be a nice place, trust me. The errors generally happen at the end of the thread since they are new messages that have just been posted. The issue I have right now is that I cannot clear them from super long threads because all posts have to load on the one page before I can get to the recent spam posts (e.g. 61 page Dermaroller thread). The server times out before all the messages load so this is something that we need to work on.

HTH
Mabsy

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28480&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=spam&start=1725
page 71
caboodle
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:36 am      Reply with quote
Glad to see both the question raised and the explanations mentioned here; I'd been wondering about it too.

And thanks to those keeping the spam at bay!!
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, havana8. That makes sense. It's just too bad that those of us who use the internet for productive purposes have to keep coming up with ways to protect ourselves from thieves at the gate.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
Magda

Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone for your patience with this bug. I believe we've now worked all of the kinks out of the spam filtration and pagination systems. If anyone finds any further issues please don't hesitate to let us know by making a post in the EDS Forum Issues sub-forum here.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |