Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Will you use another mild cleanser to wash your eye daily??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
evenet
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:58 am      Reply with quote
No matter whether I wear makeup, I also just use the normal cleanser to clean the face and the eye areas. I start to afraid it will hurt my eye skin.

Do you think so?? And are there good eye cleanser suggestion??

Thanks!!!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:09 am      Reply with quote
I don't think there is a problem with using most cleansers in the eye area. It is just a matter of checking the usage instructions and avoid the eye area if the instructions say not to use it around the eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:55 am      Reply with quote
If your regular cleanser removes your eye makeup effectively without stinging your eyes, you are fine with it. If you have to pull and drag the delicate skin around the eye area to get your makeup off, you should switch to a more effective eye makeup remover.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I do it on a daily basis, e.g. clean with cleanser, and moisturize right away. Just make sure that you have good cleanser.
evenet
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:27 am      Reply with quote
But most of cleanser also claimed that "cannot apply to eye area".. Rolling Eyes
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Throughout the years I used different brands. Currently I use Collagen Facial Cleansing Gel by Cellbone http://cellbone.com/Collagen_Cleanser.htm

Cautions:
Avoid direct contact with the eyes. For External use only.

I interpret direct contact with the eyes as eye balls literally, and using on eye lids is OK.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I am very, I would say extremely, happy with The Body Shop Camomile Eye Makeup Remover Gel. It's a mild, oil-free gel that removes all traces of eye makeup surprisingly effectively. I first bought it when I started wearing makeup as a teenager and have never even wanted to try another brand. Having used it for 20 years now, I would say I am a loyal fan.

The famous cosmetic critic Paula Begoun has made a list of the makeup removers she regards as the best. The Body Shop Camomile Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover (similar to the gel, but in liquid form) is on Paula Begoun's Top 9 list of the very best makeup removers from March 2008:

The BEST makeup removers (in alphabetical order)

Artistry by Amway "Eye and Lip Makeup Remover" $13.95
Jason Natural "Quick Clean Makeup Remover All Natural Pads" $7.50
Mary Kay "Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover" $14.00
Nivea "Eye Makeup Remover" $6.13
Paula's Choice "Gentle Touch Makeup Remover" $12.95
Physicians Formula "Eye Makeup Remover Lotion" $4.75
Ponds "Bare and Repair Conditioning Eye Makeup Remover" $9.99
Sonia Kashuk "Remove Eye Makeup Remover" $9.99
The Body Shop "Camomile Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover" $12.50

http://listmaker.wordpress.com/2008/03/30/the-best-makeup-removers-by-paula-begoun/

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much Septembergirl for your useful information!! You are really expert for skincare

Would you also share your skincare regime?
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:32 am      Reply with quote
My eye makeup is not waterproof, and I do not use my cleansers around my eyes, so I wipe my eye makeup off with Garnier face wipes (they don't sting my eyes and they are gentle). Then I use a tissue to wipe off any residue, with a little eye moisturizer on it, then I clean my face. I don't like to put my cleansers around my eyes, since the skin is so delicate. Plus I use a facial battery operated brush on face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I use
Quote:
Nivea "Eye Makeup Remover" $6.13
Septembergirl mentioned when I wear eye makeup. When not, I just cleanse my face with my Caudalie instant foaming cleanser, including the eye area.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:48 am      Reply with quote
evenet wrote:
Thanks so much Septembergirl for your useful information!! You are really expert for skincare

I am certainly no expert, but thank you for the compliment. Smile

Currently I use samples and finish half full bottles that I don't even remember why I bought. In some weeks, my skin care regime will look something like this:

AM:
* Facial dry brushing
* Cleanser: MDFormulations glycolic acid face cleanser (or another one with glycolic acid)
* Serum: SkinMedica Vitamin C Complex (I love this) or SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic (It's supposedly good, and I hope to fall in love with this serum, too). Occasionally I skip the C serum around my nose and replace it with Dermalogica Skin Renewal serum (contains AHA, BHA and sulfur) to keep blackheads at bay
* Moisturizer: I like the mix of emu oil and hyaluronic acid serum, but will try out
NIA24 Strengthening Serum and Revaleskin Coffee Berry Cream because I believe in the benefits of niacinamide and coffee berry. I prefer the sunscreens from La Roche Posay.

PM:
* Cleanser: Either Dermalogica cleansing cream or B Kamins vitamin cleansing cream. I like both.
* Cream: Tretinoin cream/Retin-A.

I might want to use Remergent DNA Repair underneath Retin-A.

Every 2. - 4.week: NCN Pumpkin peel mask.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I used Decleor cleansing oil for the whole face to remove make up, including mascara.
It is really good and not expensive.
evenet
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:58 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
evenet wrote:

I am certainly no expert, but thank you for the compliment. Smile

Currently I use samples and finish half full bottles that I don't even remember why I bought. In some weeks, my skin care regime will look something like this:

AM:
* Facial dry brushing
* Cleanser: MDFormulations glycolic acid face cleanser (or another one with glycolic acid)
* Serum: SkinMedica Vitamin C Complex (I love this) or SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic (It's supposedly good, and I hope to fall in love with this serum, too). Occasionally I skip the C serum around my nose and replace it with Dermalogica Skin Renewal serum (contains AHA, BHA and sulfur) to keep blackheads at bay
* Moisturizer: I like the mix of emu oil and hyaluronic acid serum, but will try out
NIA24 Strengthening Serum and Revaleskin Coffee Berry Cream because I believe in the benefits of niacinamide and coffee berry. I prefer the sunscreens from La Roche Posay.

PM:
* Cleanser: Either Dermalogica cleansing cream or B Kamins vitamin cleansing cream. I like both.
* Cream: Tretinoin cream/Retin-A.

I might want to use Remergent DNA Repair underneath Retin-A.

Every 2. - 4.week: NCN Pumpkin peel mask.

Septembergial, have you heard the brand "bicelle"?? At first I want to buy skin ceutical but the buyers claim that Bicelle is the improved version of Skin Ceutical so I finally bought the bicelle. But so surprise I never see a thread here talking about Bicelle but skin ceutical instead!!!

for SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic , what's the diff. between skinceuticals C serum after use??

I am searching a good sunscreen, but most cause breakout to me, why u like La Roche Posay a lot??
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:02 am      Reply with quote
evenet wrote:

Septembergial, have you heard the brand "bicelle"?? At first I want to buy skin ceutical but the buyers claim that Bicelle is the improved version of Skin Ceutical so I finally bought the bicelle. But so surprise I never see a thread here talking about Bicelle but skin ceutical instead!!!

for SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic , what's the diff. between skinceuticals C serum after use??

I am searching a good sunscreen, but most cause breakout to me, why u like La Roche Posay a lot??

Hi, evenet. I have never heard about Bicelle, but I am quite sure that it's not an improved version of SkinCeuticals. I cannot really comment on SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic because I haven't started using it yet. I like SkinMedica C Complex very much. Both of these contain both vitamin C and E which works in synergy with each other and give increased antioxidant protection.

Using a vit C serum is an investment in preventing future skin damage. The initial results are a healthy glow and a more even skin tone (hopefully).

I use La Roche Posay sunscreen simply because it's widely recommended and it agrees with my skin. I am not prone to breakouts, so I cannot comment on that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
evenet wrote:
No matter whether I wear makeup, I also just use the normal cleanser to clean the face and the eye areas. I start to afraid it will hurt my eye skin.

Do you think so?? And are there good eye cleanser suggestion??

Thanks!!!
Thats just fine evenet. I'm sure most of us do the same thing. I always use my regular facial cleanser for the eyes. Use a cleanser that will not burn the eyes. Neutrogena Foamin Face Wash is a good example.
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I just use cleansing oil and follow up with J&J Head to Toe, which I love. Some people find it drying, but it works wonderfully for me. I have a normal, balanced skin type (not dry or oily) and my eye area is fine--no fine lines, nothing (*knocking on wood*). I've used at least 10 28 oz pump bottles just for my face (I don't really use it anywhere else) and I will continue to repuchase it. NOTHING beats its price and I can find it virtually anywhere in the world. A huge plus since cleanser, imo, is the 2nd most important thing to sunscreen. Smile
hx32
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think we should apply any kind of cleanser on the delicate eye area.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I always use Cetaphil even for removing make-up. I notice my skin has improved since I changed to Cetaphil, maybe because of its gentleness. Wink
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I use tear free baby shampoo for my eyes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
SeptemberGirl- Sounds like we have a lot of the same products we use for our skin.

I will need to check out the Body Shop waterproof eye make-up remover.

Since I use Shiseido base mascara and Shu Uemura waterproof mascara, I need a waterproof make-up remover. Have always used Bi-Facil by Lancome.

For non waterproof eye make-up removers, Cetaphil is wonderful.
NataliaT
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I would be very careful about using just any cleanser on the eye area -- they can be too harsh and irritating for the delicate skin! Also, (i might have misunderstood you) why do you use a cleanser if you don't wear any eye makeup?
As for the eye makeup removers -- with many many trials & errors, I ended up with Vichy for sensitive skin (transparent bottle) -- it's very delicate, non oily, removes makeup very gently and easily with a couple of strokes, doesn't dry or irritate the eyes.. On the other hand, i really hate these oily cleansers which have that film floating in the center of the bottle and you need to shake them up!!! Mad I had to wipe every eye like 10 times with such "cleansers" to take the makeup off!
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:01 am      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:
SeptemberGirl- Sounds like we have a lot of the same products we use for our skin.

Since I use Shiseido base mascara and Shu Uemura waterproof mascara, I need a waterproof make-up remover. Have always used Bi-Facil by Lancome.

I have only been using the Body Shop Camomile Eye Make Up remover for non-waterproof makeup, but I would guess the one for waterproof makeup is just as good since it's among Paula B's favorites. I have also tried Lancome Bi-Facil eye makeup remover, but just ended up with puffy eyes the next morning. It seems like I cannot use anything containing oils around my eyes.

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
platinumrose wrote:

I have only been using the Body Shop Camomile Eye Make Up remover for non-waterproof makeup, but I would guess the one for waterproof makeup is just as good since it's among Paula B's favorites. I have also tried Lancome Bi-Facil eye makeup remover, but just ended up with puffy eyes the next morning. It seems like I cannot use anything containing oils around my eyes.

Smile

I had the same experience using Lancome Bi-Facil. I ended up with puffy eyes within hours, and definitely the next morning. My eyes also watered a lot after I used it. I've never tried TBS one though as I normally wear a waterproof mascara.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |