Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr. Kassy's face firming and eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Do you suppose you could use a 25% glycolic for the lactic acid component?

Thanks kassy - something else for me to try and share! I have a few happy friends these days too - so it's sure worth it.

You could definitely try that Sisareno, but just use the amount that wouldn't make it stronger than say 8 to 10% concentration.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Suk Han
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy:

Can I just use the firming eye serum you posted on page 1 for both eyes and face? I just need to add Glucosamine, Niacinamide + Kukui Oil to it for my freckle. Beside Dmae, which ingredients are for firming?

Thank you,
Suk Han
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Glucosamine, Niacinamide + Kukui Oil all help to fade hyperpigmentation.. You don't have to use them all in one cream though..

DMAE is the only thing I can think of to use topically for firming. I'm just drawing a blank at the moment, so hopefully someone else will chime in. (Just use a 5% concentration.) Also, it's important to mix it into a little SKB before adding it to your cream, or it will liquify it. It also pairs up nicely with a little HA!

You can use the eye serum anywhere!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Suk Han
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Kassy. You are wonderful. You are very patient to us (the rookie DIYers.)

Suk Han Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
The subject of combining Green Tea Extract with L-Ascorbic Acid comes up time and again, and I just want to remind you all it's a no-no..

Sharing this email from John at bulkactives, who explains it short and sweet;

-------Original Message-------

Date: 5/15/2009 3:48:56 AM
To: XXXXX (blocked for my privacy)
Subject: RE: Formulating question

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate them.

To answer your question, the cosmetic chemist you quoted is 100% right.

The reason is that Green Tea (and most botanical extracts) have natural metals in them. They will react with the ascorbic acid and will actually make the product pro-oxidant, the opposite of what you want, and would ultimately be harmful to the skin.

I personally agree with you, and the cosmetic chemist, that you should not combine green tea with L-ascorbic Acid in a serum.

Regards,
John

Please, just keep C serum simple, and save the other stuff for elsewhere!

Suk Han
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Kassy:

Is the wheat protein you posted on the recipes for the Face and Eye Firming Serum same as the wheat protein OIL in you Nourishing Serum?

I only found the wheat protein from GOW which called Wheat Protein [hydrolyzed]. I could not find any from Bulkactive and Skinactives. Please help!

Suk Han
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Yep, it's called (Hydrolyzed) Wheat Protein. It's an oil, and I get it here;

http://www.thepersonalformulator.com/wvss/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=wheat+protein

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 23, 2009 10:20 am      Reply with quote
**********Cross posting an old link of "Carekate's", that I know you all will appreciate, regarding 'Essential Oils'**********

carekate wrote:
I found a great website the provides specific info on essential oils and their use in skin and/or haircare. Here's the link: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/redirect.php?u=http://www.standinghorse.com/soothingessentials/berga.html (see "Essential Oils Page One" and "Essential Oils Page Two"),but I'm going to post some of the highlights, so here goes:

Essential Oil Guide for Skin and Hair –

• BERGAMOT: Antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, aids in the healing of wounds and scars. Astringent, good for oily skin. Used for acne, eczema, spots, cold sores, boils, wounds.

• CLARY SAGE: Antiseptic, aids in the regeneration of skin cells, wrinkles, anti-inflammatory, also helpful for acne, boils, inflammation, psoriasis, eczema. Helps cuts, wounds and burns to heal. Useful for hair care controls the production of sebum, oily hair, dandruff; discourages hair growth.

• CYPRESS: Regulates oil production, best for oily and over-hydrated skin. Used to treat excessive perspiration, wounds, frostbite, acne and cellulitis.

• EUCALYPTUS: Analgesic, antiseptic, helps wounds to heal, aids in the forming of scar tissue, used for burns, cuts, blisters, ulcers, wounds.

• FENNEL: Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, stimulates circulation, used for dull and oily skin, bruises, cellulitis, wrinkles.

• FRANKINCENSE: Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, astringent, helps wounds and scars to heal; very good for dry and mature skin, used for wrinkles (was used for embalming).

• GERANIUM: Especially good for oily and dull skin , but it can be used for all skin types. Antiseptic, fungicidal, cleansing, mildly pain-relieving, reduces inflammation, stops bleeding, promotes the forming of scar tissue, helps wounds to heal. Used for acne, bruises, burns, cuts, broken capillaries, dermatitis, cellulitis, eczema, ulcers, wounds.

• GINGER: Used to treat varicose veins and cellulitis.

• LAVENDER: Antiseptic, controls the production of sebum, stimulates circulation in the skin. Assists in the healing of wounds (aids in the formation of scar tissue) and helps to rejuvenate the skin. Used to treat acne, cuts, burns, sunburn, inflammation, psoriasis, wrinkles.

• LEMON: Assists in the formation of scar tissue. Antiseptic, astringent, controls the production of sebum, used for oily skin ,and acne. Revitalizes the skin by improving circulation and encouraging the elimination of wastes (used for cellulitis); gently exfoliates the complexion. With long application reduces broken capillaries and varicose veins, softens scar tissue on scars and corns. It is also said to strengthen brittle nails.

• MARJORAM: Pain-relieving, antiseptic, helps wounds to heal, used for chillblains, cuts, bruises.

• MYRRH: Antiseptic, astringent, reduces inflammation, improves circulation, stimulates the regeneration of of skin cells, assists in the healing of wounds. Used to treat eczema, wounds, wrinkles. Very good for mature complexions or chapped and cracked skin.
• PEPPERMINT: Anti-inflammatory , pain-relieving, antiseptic, astringent, relieves itching, used for acne, dermatitis. (For itching it should be used in very small concentration - less than 1 %) Stimulates circulation and can enliven dull, congested skin. Used in the treatment of broken capillaries.

• ROMAN CHAMOMILE: Reduces inflammation, promotes the forming of scar tissue, aids in the healing of wounds. Used for acne, boils, cuts, chillblains, dermatitis, eczema, rashes, burns and sunburn. Very good for dry skin, especially when it is inflamed and sensitive. Can reduce the redness of broken capillaries.

• ROSEMARY: Antiseptic, gently pain-relieving, assists in the healing of wounds and scars. Regulates oil secretions, stimulates circulation, encourages the elimination of cellular wastes, assists in the drainage of lymphatic fluid; improves dull-looking skin, used to treat acne, dermatitis, varicose veins, cellulitis. Stimulates the scalp, promotes hair growth, used for dandruff and seborrhea.

• TEA TREE: Antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, assists in the healing of wounds and scars. Used to treat acne, blisters, burns, sunburn, cold sores , rashes, warts, fungal infections and wounds. One of the few oils that can be used directly on the skin. Useful in oral hygiene, relieves gingivitis, mouth ulcers, periodontal disease and toothaches(gargle). Caution: Can be irritate skin .Do a patch test.

• THYME: antiseptic, astringent, assists in the healing of wounds and scars. Used to treat acne, bruises, burns, cuts, dermatitis, cellulitis, eczema, insect bites.

• YLANG YLANG: Antiseptic, soothing, helps to control the production of sebum, smooths the skin and stimulates new cell growth. Used to treat oily and irritated skin, acne, dandruff. eczema, wrinkles. Stimulates hair growth.

And, just to make things easier, here are the essential oils grouped by skintype or condition:

• DRY SKIN: Chamomile, Frankincense, Lavender, Palmarosa, Rosewood.

• OILY SKIN: Bergamot, Carrot seed, Cedarwood, Clary sage, Cypress, Fennel (sweet), Geranium, Grapefruit, Juniper, Lemon, Mandarin, Tea tree, Ylang-ylang.

• DULL AND/OR CONGESTED SKIN: Fennel, Geranium, Grapefruit, Mandarin, Peppermint, Rosemary, Rosewood.

• WRINKLES: Carrot seed, Clary sage, Fennel, Frankincense, Lavender, Mandarin, Myrrh, Palmarosa, Rosewood, Ylang-ylang.

• ACNE: Bergamot, Chamomile, Clary sage, Clove bud, Geranium, Grapefruit, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lime,Mandarin, Palmarosa, Peppermint, Rosemary, Rosewood, Tea tree, Ylang-ylang.

• REDUCING INFLAMMATION: Chamomile, Clary sage, Fennel, Frankincense, Geranium, Myrrh, Peppermint, Orange, Tea tree .

• BROKEN CAPILLARIES: Chamomile, Cypress , Geranium, Lemon, Palmarosa, Peppermint Rosemary.
• CELLULITE: Cellulitis is composed of fat, cellular wastes and water, the oils used for this condition improve circulation, encourage the elimination of wastes and fluid. Basil, Clary sage, Fennel, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Juniper, Lemon, Rosemary.

GENERAL TIPS FOR CREATING ESSENTIAL OIL BLENDS:
Many blends for therapeutic effect contain only 3 to 4 essential oils. If you find that you want to use more oils make another blend. You may have two or three things going on within your body. Make a blend for those 2 or 3 things not one blend to cover all.

Anyway, I hope this helps my fellow DIYers...

Good luck and have fun!
Carrie

Important Note: Before you go - in your kitchen or "laboratory," please be sure to go read the info from the above links, as there are some cautions regarding the use of these essential oils and/or tips on how to mix them!!!

Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to post an update of sorts on Kassy's eye serum and a anti-aging serum I have been tinkering with.

Instead of Matrixyl I have been using palmitoyl tripeptide-5. Ingredients to Die For sells the brand name Syn-Coll. http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item.php?item_id=166
I have been putting it in the firming/anti-oxidant/smoothing recipe from Kassy at the recommended amount 1 - 3%.
Another product I use it in is an anti-aging serum. The serum base comes from Natural Bulk Cosmetics, which is great, then add the Syn-Coll and HA to boost things up a little. I have to say I think I notice a difference with fine lines.

I also put another product from Ingredients to Die For in the eye serum recipe posted many pages ago. I have replaced the Matrixyl with Cell-Ox2 with I believe good results.
http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item.php?item_id=62

There are product sheets on both actives on the Ingredients website but I also believe you can buy at least one of them on Making Cosmetics website also.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Kassy:

I am going to use Juice Beauty Antioxidant Serum as a base for my face/eye firming and nourishing serum. There is Dmae in the JB serum already. Do I still need to put Dmae in it according to your recipe 3%?

Thank you,
Suk Han
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Suk Han wrote:
Kassy:

I am going to use Juice Beauty Antioxidant Serum as a base for my face/eye firming and nourishing serum. There is Dmae in the JB serum already. Do I still need to put Dmae in it according to your recipe 3%?

Thank you,
Suk Han

Yes, there is DMAE in that serum, but the amount is probably around .5 to 1% if that..

You can safely add DMAE in your formulation anywhere from 3 to 5% total for effectiveness..

If I were adding that active, I would dissolve 1/4 tsp of DMAE, to a tsp of SKB, and then incorporate *that* into 1 oz of JBAS. That will give you a 5% concentration of DMAE.

Keep in mind that DMAE will liquify just about anything you add it to on it's own, so adding it 1st to SKB will prevent that..

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Just wanted to post an update of sorts on Kassy's eye serum and a anti-aging serum I have been tinkering with.

Instead of Matrixyl I have been using palmitoyl tripeptide-5. Ingredients to Die For sells the brand name Syn-Coll. http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item.php?item_id=166
I have been putting it in the firming/anti-oxidant/smoothing recipe from Kassy at the recommended amount 1 - 3%.
Another product I use it in is an anti-aging serum. The serum base comes from Natural Bulk Cosmetics, which is great, then add the Syn-Coll and HA to boost things up a little. I have to say I think I notice a difference with fine lines.

I also put another product from Ingredients to Die For in the eye serum recipe posted many pages ago. I have replaced the Matrixyl with Cell-Ox2 with I believe good results.
http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item.php?item_id=62

There are product sheets on both actives on the Ingredients website but I also believe you can buy at least one of them on Making Cosmetics website also.

Alley*cat*, you go girl!

I would love you to post some of "your" recipe's here for all to enjoy.. Including the ones I posted, that you tweaked.. Very Happy

Two heads are way better than one afterall... Idea

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
**********Cross Posting for my DIY Lot**********

Just thought this might do some good here for my DIY buddies... (Now put your thinking caps on, and find the best means for duplicating the big $$$$$$ stuff.. Bad Grin )

Here are the ingredients for some of the most popular brands talked about here; (I also include the Nia 24, that gets some raves.)

Ingredients for Skinceuticals C E Ferulic
Water, Ethoxydiglycol, L-Ascorbic Acid (Topical Vitamin C), Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Laureth-23, Alpha Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Ferulic Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate.

Ingredients for Serum 15 AOX+ by Skinceuticals
Water, L-Ascorbic acid, ethoxydiglycol, propylene glycol, glycerin, zinc sulfate, phenoxyethanol, ferulic acid, panthenol, sodium hyaluronate, sodium hydroxide.

Ingredients for C+AHA by Skinceuticals
Water, l-ascorbic acid, glycolic acid, lactic acid, zinc sulfate, phenoxyethanol, bioflavonoids, sodium hyaluronate.

(hmm! I've been using a DIY C + AHA concoction for ages.. Who'd a thunk I beat them to it... Laughing Laughing Laughing )

IS Clinical C-15 Serum Advance+ IngredientsWater/ Aqua/ Eau, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ascorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Tripeptide-1, Zinc Sulfate, Bioflavonoids, Phenoxyethanol.

IS Clinical C & E Serum Advance+ IngredientsWater/ Aqua/ Eau, Propylene Glycol, Ascorbic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Hyaluronic Acid, Tripeptide-1, Laureth-4, Zinc Sulfate, Tocopherol, Bioflavonoids, Phenoxyethanol

Ingredients of IS Clinical Super Serum
Hyaluronic Acid, Water/Aqua/Eau, L-Ascorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Zinc Sulfate, Pentapeptide-1, Arbutin, Polyporus Umbellatus (Mushroom) Extract, Pantothenic Acid, Asiaticoside, Asiatic Acid, Madecassic Acid, Phenoxyethanol.

Nia24 Intensive Recovery Complex Ingredients
Water, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Myristyl Nicotinate (Pro-Niacin™), Glycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), C12-20 Acid PEG-8 Ester, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Squalane, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Saccharide Isomerate, Isohexadecane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexyldecanol, Ceramide 3, Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten, Ceratonia Siliqua (Locust Bean) Gum, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Lycopersicum (Tomato) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract, Cola Nitida Seed Extract, Paullinia Cupana Seed Extract, Ilex Paraguariensis Leaf Extract, Bisabolol, Phospholipids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 80, Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg) Kernel Extract, Xanthan Gum, BHT, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

When I look at some of this, all I can think about is that 60 to 65% of *everything* that goes on our skin gets absorbed.. So you have to ask yourself this, does the good stuff outweigh the bad stuff? My personal rule is simple, if I can't pronounce it, I don't use it ...

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 28, 2009 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
I saw on another forum, that people were unable to find the "Creme De La Mer" ingredients... Don't know if that's the case here at EDS, but anyhoo, here they are for those interested; (And no, I'm not impressed... DIY looks better and better all the time.. Laughing )

Creme De La Mer Ingredients:

• Seaweed (Algae) Extract
• Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum): emollient
• Petrolatum (Vaseline) occlusive
• Glycerin: humectant
• Isohexadecane: thickening agent and emulsifier
• Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract
• Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina): commonly used thickening agent
• Lanolin Alcohol: emollient, very closely resembles your skin's natural oils
• Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil: emolllient, can be irritating to those with very sensitive skin
• Eucalyptus Globules (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil: thought to have anti-bacterial or anti-viral properties on the skin
• Magnesium Sulfate
• Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seeds: Sesame oil is an emolllient, can be irritating to those with very sensitive skin.
• Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seeds: thought to improve healing, contains a large number of vitamins and minerals.
• Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seeds: Sunflower oil is known to possess emollient properties, however the seeds are included as part of the Miracle Broth.
• Runus Dulcis (Powdered Almonds) [sodium, Potassium, Copper, Calcium, Magnesium, And Zinc Gluconate]
• Paraffin: occlusive
• Vitamin E Succinate
• Niacin: Vitamin B3
• Beta-carotene
• Decyl Oleate: emollient
• Aluminum Distearate: emulsifier
• Octyldodecanol: emulsifier with emollient properties
• Citric Acid: used to adjust the pH
• Cyanocobalamin: Vitamin B12
• Magnesium Stearate: thickening agent
• Panthenol: humectant
• Limonene: Oil derived from the peels of citrus fruits such as lemon and lime
• Geraniol: A derivative of geraniums, this fragrance can cause skin allergies
• Linalool: A floral fragrance
• Hydroxycitronellal: Another floral fragrance
• Citronellol: fragrance
• Benzyl Salicylate: fragrance
• Citral: lemon fragrance
• Methylchloroisothiazolinone: preservative
• Methylisothiazolinone: preservative
• Alcohol Denat: Denaturized alcohol
• Fragrance

Oh, and the instruction for warming it in the hand, is to liquify the vaseline... (Vaseline on it's own will do likewise.. Rolling Eyes )

I can't believe anybody would willingly pay $$$$$ for this.. (No offense to those who do at all, just sayin!)

InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All,

I'm trying to catch up with all the DIY stuff, but I just have to tell you all what I just ordered from Garden of Wisdom, Stem Cell stuff:

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/6478020/6936923.htm

I was so excited when I saw this, and it's affordable too! $9 for .25 oz. and $27 for 1 oz. Unbelievable. Look at the videos on this page (not the youtube video). This stuff is incredible:

http://www.stemcellskincare.com/

I've already PM'd Kassy about this. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
An apple a day, keeps more than the Dr away.. Laughing

Preparation of a cosmetic ingredient

The extract of Uttwiler Spätlauber stem cells was obtained
af ter lys i s of the plant cel l s us ing high pres sur e
homogenisation. For preparation of the cosmetic ingredient
PhytoCellTecTM Malus Domestica, the extract was
incorporated into lecithin liposomes. The composition of
PhytoCellTecTM Malus Domestica is the following (INCI): Malus
Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract, Xanthan Gum, Glycerin,
Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol and Aqua.

See now what I always preach.. When the actives are good, you just need the simplest base!.. No foo-foo here.. Very Happy

Here's the lowdown;

http://www.mibellebiochemistry.com/pdfs/Stimuli_for_Skin_Stem_Cells_for_Real_Skin_Rejuvenation_HPC_Anti-Aging_Beauty_Inside_April_09.pdf

Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:38 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
Hi All,

I'm trying to catch up with all the DIY stuff, but I just have to tell you all what I just ordered from Garden of Wisdom, Stem Cell stuff:

I was so excited when I saw this, and it's affordable too! $9 for .25 oz. and $27 for 1 oz. Unbelievable. Look at the videos on this page (not the youtube video). This stuff is incredible:

Inky do you add this like you would an active or is it a ready made product?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
Hi All,

You may want to have a read on the Truth in Aging website on this.

http://www.truthinaging.com/2009/05/dept-of-daft-anti-aging-swiss-apple-stem-cells.html
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
InkyProse wrote:
Hi All,

I tried to find Marta's credentials (that's whose opinion you are advocating), and I couldn't. What kind of background does she have? That would tell us how valid her opinion is.

The info Kassy gave the link for has the following references:

References and notes
1. F.M. Watt, C. Lo Celso et al., “Epidermal stem cells: an update”,
Current Opinion in Genetics & Development, 16, pp. 518-524
(2006).
2. L . Alonso, E. Fuchs, “Stem cells of the skin epithelium”, pnas, 100,
pp. 11830-11835 (2003).
3. M . Spivakov, A.G. Fisher, “Epigenetic signatures of stem-cell
identity”, Nature Rev Genet., 8, pp. 263-271 (2007).
4. M .E. Byrne, C.A. Kidner et al., “Plant stem cells: divergent pathways
and common themes in shoots and roots”, Current Opinion in
Genetics & Development, 13, pp. 551-557 (2003).
5. C . Schürch, P. Blum et al., “Potential of plant cells in culture for
cosmetic applications”, Phytochem Rev., 7, pp. 599-605 (2008).

This looks pretty valid.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:

Hi Alley,

It looks like you could use it as it comes from GOW. Here are the ingredients in the serum:

ngredient List:

Distilled Water
Ylang-Ylang Hydrosol
Goji Berry Juice
Yeast Extract
Malus Domestica
Fruit Cell Culture
Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5
Glycerine
Glycoproteins
Cellulose Gum
Cosmocil CQ

Now the concoction from Emerge Labs has Matrixyl and Collagen added. I ordered some Matrixyl to add into my regimine.

Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Inky thanks for the info.
The next time you need to order matrixyl have a look at Sny-Coll I started using it instead of matrixyl about 2 months ago and have noticed improvements.

http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item.php?item_id=166

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I guess Time will tell if it's a valid product or not. So many things come and go. It's always best to be skeptical without losing a sense of optimism.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I guess Time will tell if it's a valid product or not. So many things come and go. It's always best to be skeptical without losing a sense of optimism.

That's true. And what works for one person might not work for another, depending on things like ethnicity, age, diligence, etc...

InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Inky thanks for the info.
The next time you need to order matrixyl have a look at Sny-Coll I started using it instead of matrixyl about 2 months ago and have noticed improvements.

http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item.php?item_id=166

Thanks Alley. I have bookmarked this item-- it looks wonderful. I really don't have many wrinkles yet, if any. I am trying to keep them at bay.

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Exactly, Sis.

Inky, I don't know Marta's background to be honest with you. But, I read her site a lot and she does do a ton of research on things. Just thought you may want to look at another point of view.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |