Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Body Wraps?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Body wraps, contour wraps etc

Whatever they are called has anyone tried them? which wrap? what results did you get?
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi Eve
about 5 years ago my friend and I had a body wrap. This was before I was into skin care etc.

We were measured, had gel put all over us, then were wrapped in bandages and put in warm tracksuits. We were then put on numerous toning tables for 1 hour.

We were then unwrapped and re-measured, and we'd lost about 9 inches in total. Only problem was as soon as you drink you put it all back on!!!!

I'm sure there are far better ones on the market now!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi Eve,
I enjoy seaweed wraps which purify the skin. This treatment typically starts with exfoliation (sea salt is invigorating), followed by application of algae paste and then on to mummification. The next 40 minutes or so is solitary bliss. I love the earthy smell of the sea and the weight and increasing warmth of the wrap. Then a quick shower to rinse off. A good service will conclude with a moisturizer applied to the skin.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:08 am      Reply with quote
sounds nice. I've got some Thalgo seaweed sachets, it looks like poop in the bath but it smells all sealike Laughing (btw can't see them on the EDS site...)

I'm kicking in with my detox and hitting the gym for an event I've got coming up in November so wanted to pull out the stops and since emergency liposuction is out of the question Laughing I was thinking of trying this

http://www.shapechangers.co.uk/
it's on qvc a little cheaper. They reckon it's not water loss and you continue to lose for 3-4 days....

Our local salon used to do wraps now there are all sorts of G5 massage, transion N treatments that I have no idea what they are Confused

Thanks for the input.
moshimoshi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
several years back when we were on vacation down in the Caribbean, my bf booked me a complete package at a resort, including facial, body scrub, aromatic massage, body wrap, thalassotherapy/hydro-bath with lots of flowers and essential oils, vichy shower...

the body wrap i had has seaweed, peppermint, honey, volcano mud(?), essential oils in it... it was nice... they did the body scrub first then wrap me up and put a heated blanket over it... the whole thing took up the entire afternoon but afterward i felt pretty refreshing, body was baby soft Wink and it was a total relaxation treat Smile ... wish i have more time to take off for vacation like this...

Eve - how did the Thalgo seaweed bath turn out? and have u tried any other marine bath products from Thalgo and how were they??

i've also checked out the shapechangers website that u've mentioned... sounds pretty interesting so i had my bf took a look at it... he has science/medicine background and i just wanna his opinion whether the idea advertised is scientifically sound... guess he didn't want to totally shoot down my so-want-to-try-out excitement... he just shooked his head and said "well, u'll never know until u try out, right?!"

uhmmm, i'm so itchy in getting my hand on it for my inner thighs and back of my arms... so please let us know if u are trying this sucker out... thanks!!!
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Moshi,

I always feel a little lightheaded after the seaweed baths. Not sure what that is down to -minerals maybe.

Laughing I'm ordering the wrap today, I promise I'll do it all scientific, before and after measurements, I'll draw a line so I measure the same area and repeat the process over a week and let everyone know the results Wink If it's crap with QVC I can at least send it back.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I had a seaweed wrap when I was on a cruise several years ago and it was very soothing and I did lose some inches and had a cellulite treatment that made my skin feel very smooth.

I've also had the Suddenly Slender body wraps and lost about 9 inches the first time and always lost inches but less than the first time.

The technician who did mine was part of the key to it being successful, I think. She was a nurse in her previous life, and did the wrap very thoroughly and very tight. Then a warm mineral water solution is poured on your wrapped body. You then spend about 45 min. exercising on a Tony Little Gazelle... or exercising as much as you can since you're wrapped so tight you can hardly walk. It also makes the skin ultra smooth.

I have heard of people getting the wraps for pain relief.... the minerals and warmth help.

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
Hi Moshi,

I always feel a little lightheaded after the seaweed baths. Not sure what that is down to -minerals maybe.

Laughing I'm ordering the wrap today, I promise I'll do it all scientific, before and after measurements, I'll draw a line so I measure the same area and repeat the process over a week and let everyone know the results Wink If it's crap with QVC I can at least send it back.

Eve.... I sincerely hope you have better luck than I did the one time that I tried to do a wrap myself at home. Laughing It was a nightmare! Shock

I didn't have the proper materials to wrap around my body and just used old towels. I was dripping everywhere and the towels were heavy because they were wet and kept falling off. Needless to say, after that, I didn't try to do it myself, but went to the spa!

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:35 am      Reply with quote
Laughing I've done a self mud treatment. Had to call my mum from downstairs to help clingfilm my body Laughing Cool not done that for some time...
Miss

Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
........http://www.shapechangers.co.uk/
it's on qvc a little cheaper. They reckon it's not water loss and you continue to lose for 3-4 days....

I've not used this yet, but I, too am tempted. On the shapechangers website, if you type in shape into the password box at the top right of the page. and click log in, you get 20% off, With thier £3.00 per order works out cheaper than QVC.
Mabsy

Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:16 am      Reply with quote
A bit OT but I am going to do a seaweed bath in the next couple of weeks. I have this big (brick sized) packet of dried seaweed that you're supposed to re-hydrate in hot water for 20 minutes and then dump into the bath (as warm as you can stand it). The seaweed then apparently releases a thick gel-like substance which is good for your skin. Has anyone here had one of those before?

While we're on salon body treatments etc, does anyone have any experiences with floating sessions in sensory deprivation tanks? TIA Smile
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Miss wrote:
Eve wrote:
........http://www.shapechangers.co.uk/

I've not used this yet, but I, too am tempted. On the shapechangers website, if you type in shape into the password box at the top right of the page. and click log in, you get 20% off, With thier £3.00 per order works out cheaper than QVC.

Nice one! thanks for that Wink
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I did one yearsss ago in San Diego, forget the name! Wrapped my whole body and then I needed to *move* to create faster loss.

I did instantly lose inches but water IMO, although! I gained in like the wrist/ankle area? NEVER understood that....I only tried one wrap due to expensive of it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Sassyred wrote:
I did one yearsss ago in San Diego, forget the name! Wrapped my whole body and then I needed to *move* to create faster loss.

I did instantly lose inches but water IMO, although! I gained in like the wrist/ankle area? NEVER understood that....I only tried one wrap due to expensive of it.

That sounds like the Suddenly Slender plan. I think they have places all over the U.S. It could be water, because while you're doing this moving, the wraps get really wet. You do it with your bra and panties on under the wraps.... or I do, and when they take the wraps off, everything is soaked.... and they have to have you get off the moving machine several times and they somehow drain the fluid off. Can't remember how they did that, but it's supposed to contain the toxins that you are getting rid of.

If I didn't know the nurse who had the franchise so well, I'd probably be saying, "Yeah, sure, whatever." Doubt Think But, she is very sharp and committed to natural health and she went to their home office and researched this seriously before she started the business.

Do you think the reason you gained in the wrist or ankle had to do with their not doing the wrapping quite right? Maybe they didn't wrap that area as tightly and somehow it was those nasty toxins taking residence in your wrist or ankle! Laughing

I think I paid about $90 a treatment. I did a series of 4 or 5. They say it works a lot better if you do it that way rather than just one. But, naturally, that's what they would say. Very Happy

I just know I'm not doing my own wrap again. That was a nightmare!

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Judy,

ya know I am losing my mind day by day, No really! I can't remember things! Just in Savon and forgot all I needed! So I don't know if that was the name or not??? The bra/panties thing was correct. I can not remember the price but it was $$$ and I hated being wrapped like a mummy. When the HOT wrap dries it gets cold! I remember that my self-tanner came off and the wraps were brown! LOL

I *think* the gal had said it was normal to gain in some areas? heck if I remember why???
She tried to sell me some liquid protein you drink a couple hours after dinner but before bed to facilitate weight loss? (guess I sorta remember more than I thought! Laughing )

I gather you were thrilled with the results??

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Sassyred wrote:
Hi Judy,

I *think* the gal had said it was normal to gain in some areas? heck if I remember why???
She tried to sell me some liquid protein you drink a couple hours after dinner but before bed to facilitate weight loss? (guess I sorta remember more than I thought! Laughing )

I gather you were thrilled with the results??

Sound a lot like the same thing. I remember you drank some kind of liquid drink before the wrap... and maybe after, but before for sure.

I was pleased with the results, but just felt that the cost was too steep to do a lot of them. I know some people booked 9 or 10 of them, but I just wasn't confident enough in what would happen or how long it would last to continue beyond 4 of them.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:15 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
A bit OT but I am going to do a seaweed bath in the next couple of weeks. I have this big (brick sized) packet of dried seaweed that you're supposed to re-hydrate in hot water for 20 minutes and then dump into the bath (as warm as you can stand it). The seaweed then apparently releases a thick gel-like substance which is good for your skin. Has anyone here had one of those before?

While we're on salon body treatments etc, does anyone have any experiences with floating sessions in sensory deprivation tanks? TIA Smile

sounds funky but something I'd try Laughing don't forget to report back.

Always liked the idea of those tanks but not tried it - yet.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |