Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Ill Fitting Clothing
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Is anyone else tired of seeing women wearing that slinky jersey knit material when they shouldn't? Even young women with nice figures are wearing clothing so tight that rolls are created!!! A male friend mentioned that these jigglers have a penchant for dancing with their arms waving in the air with even more flub popping out. Any shape and size is O.K. but please don't squish yourself like a sausage into 3 sizes too small.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
i am!!!.......it annoys me too when i see women in very very tight clothes with rolls of flab sticking out......i mean are they trying to make themselves look better or worse? Shock

also when i see some old women like past their 50s wearing mini skirts, black knee high boots.........or very very very tight white pants Shock what the heck Exclamation

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
haha same here.... I find it a bit disturbing to see some older ladies past their 50's to expose too much inappropriately or wear too tight clothings Shock
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Har, har -- I grew up in the 80s when Spandex was hot stuff, and I remember my elderly grandmother trying to convince me that this woman we saw wearing flowing, tailored slacks looked more elegant than neon Lycra. Naturally, at age nine or so, I argued 'til I turned blue.

I just wrote her a letter the other day telling her how right she had been, and that I was constantly cringing at all these women stuffing themselves into the latest leggings trend. Ugh! Tight tight pants don't even look good on most skinny gals! I'm a big fan of wide-legged slacks these days. Laughing

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Eeeek - I know what you mean! I live right next to a large college campus here in Chicago, and I see things every day that would scare you to death. How these kids think the tight and scanty get-ups they're in are making them more attractive is a mystery known only to God. Of course, nine out of ten in this garb are at least twenty five pounds overweight. And if the "outfit" isn't tight and scanty with everything hanging out, it's pajamas and flip-flops, even in winter when it's well below freezing. I'm constantly fighting the urge to throw open a window and yell down at them, "Do your parents, who are paying good money for your education, know you're walking around like that?" I guess I'm officially an old cranky lady. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I'm always whining about bad clothing choices on my blog, and I'm only 27! What does that make me? Laughing

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
AAAK!! That's a whole new subject. Older women dressed like teenagers. Worse, older women (and I mean "older"), with orange spray on tans, fake (and I mean "fake")breasts, dressed like hookers!!! There has to be an explanation!!! I personally viewed a herd of these in Las Vegas.
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Ginnielizz, you are a cranky old lady-in-the-making, Laughing Don't despair, you will be in good company and our ranks are wise and distinguished!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Ha, good to know! I've embraced my early onset crankiness -- I'm one of the few people left in my generation who thinks it's rude to talk on a cell phone when you're at a cash register. Laughing

doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:59 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz, I think you've hit on another good topic. "Cell phone etiquette".
As long as you are not yelling, "Get off my lawn", you still have hope Laughing
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:45 am      Reply with quote
Remember the good old days when only tradesmen had the dreaded "bum crack"? Now every young girl has one as she squeezes into hipster jeans a size too tight that gives even the slimmest this little hip roll pouching over the top, accompanied by a bum crack framed by thong undies.

I try not to be too judgemental as I remember my own youthful indiscretions, but mutton dressed as lamb makes me cringe. There are good options for looking sexy and stylish into your eighties without trying to look 25 again.

I live near a lady in her 80's who wears clingy fabrics, mini skirts, stage makeup and lots of cheap costume jewelry, and I have to bite my tongue not to say anything. She's a lovely lady and everyone is laughing at her behind her back. If I knew her better, maybe I could come up with a tactful way of broaching the subject, but as we are only slightly acquainted, anything I said would simply sound offensive. I think all of us need at least once close friend we can rely on to tell us the truth.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Mostly I kind of like to see people in “unusual” attire. I figure anything that makes me smile can’t be all bad. I enjoy seeing, say, silver cowboy boots worn with a fluoro green mini and attitude (yes, I saw this recently and loved it)

However ... I do draw the line at leggings! How did these dreadful things make a comeback? I particularly detest those black mid-calf leggings with a lace trim at the bottom ... or even worse, the lace trimmed ones with a tie/bow thingy at the sides!

Just a couple of days ago I had the misfortune of walking behind a woman, way old enough to know better, who was wearing thin white spandex leggings, as trousers, with a cropped waist length top. The leggings in question were stretched to their fullest capacity to accommodate their ample contents, stretched so far as to be virtually transparent. I’m no fashion expert, but I thought it was just common sense if you must wear leggings you cover your butt?

Call me a fashion nazi, but I will never, ever excuse leggings, well, unless you happened to feature in an 80s Pat Benatar video.
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:47 am      Reply with quote
I was just talking this topic over with a friend the other day - whether wearing ill-fitting clothes mean you're comfortable/proud with your body the way it is or just plain bad fashion sense...

Because I'm seeing the young (& not-so-young) people wearing tight mini-skirts and tube tops everywhere! Regardless of whether they have the body to carry it off or not Shock And frankly speaking it's quite ermmm visually unappealing sometimes Crying or Very sad

I wonder at the "courage" of those people... Even for me, and I'm not overweight but typically pear-shaped with a slight tummy (*sob sob* I keep telling myself it's time to exercise Neutral) And even so, I am extremely wary of wearing tight stuff already!

Hence sometimes really I have no idea to give them a medal for courage or to sic the fashion police on those people...

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |