Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmetic Acupujnture- First Appt. Today!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Ok so I decided to go see an acupunturist/herbalist who specialize in cosmetic acupunture today for my first appointment.
Each treatment cost $120 and I have to continue for atleast 16 treatments plus herbs for maintance. I will keep everyone posted on the procedure. Thank You

BTW I am getting it for dark circles and puffy eyes especially and for hormonal balance
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
I am waiting to hear how it went! I may go see one myself soon.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Tasha, where do you live?

Please keep us posted. Thanks.
caboodle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:59 am      Reply with quote
That's really interesting - hadn't known much about it, here's a good article on it, Dec 2007, from the New York Times:

Hold the Chemicals, Bring on the Needles

Looking forward to hearing how your treatments go.
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I did my first session yesterday and would need to do atleast 16 sessions total
(ie twice a week) then maintance once a month. Its hard to tell the difference since they say you dont really "witness" resulsts until after the fifth treatment, i do notice my face more even. I can not wait to see how my face is going to look in 12 sessions.Oh yeah, I'm paying $120 per session. I know alot of money but cosmetic acupunture also benefits the overall body with a face lift...lol

My main concern is my dark circles,puffy eyes,psychological disorer(s),stress, and gaining weight. I will keep everyone posted and inbetween I am taking Dong Quai and lycium aka "Acai".
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
tasha92337 wrote:
inbetween I am taking Dong Quai and lycium aka "Acai".

I think Lycium is actually Goji or Wolfberry...not Acai.

Quote:
Lycium fruit is obtained from Lycium chinense, a common plant of eastern Asia that is now cultivated to meet the high demand for its fruits, used in Asian cuisine and, more commonly, as an ingredient in traditional Chinese herbal formulas. Lycium is in the Solanaceae family that gives us peppers, eggplants, potatoes, tomatoes, and other food items. The fruit is known by the Chinese name gouqizi, meaning the fruits of the willow-like shrub, and has been used since ancient times, recorded in the earliest existing Chinese materia medica published around 100 A.D. It was reputed to improve the complexion and vision and prolong life if taken regularly.

TRADITIONAL AND MODERN USES
Traditionally, lycium fruit is described as having the properties of nourishing the blood, enriching the yin, tonifying the kidney and liver, and moistening the lungs. It is applied in the treatment of consumptive diseases accompanied by thirst (includes early-onset diabetes and tuberculosis), impotence, sore back, dizziness, blurred vision, diminished visual acuity, and chronic cough. In China, treatment of bone marrow deficiency conditions (low production of red blood cells, platelets, or white blood cells, often the result of cancer therapies) with herb formulas frequently involves lycium fruit as a major ingredient.
http://www.itmonline.org/jintu/lycium.htm

Here is another link that talks about the differences in where your Lycium berry comes from:

http://www.gojiberry.com/pages/research1.html

Quote:
Açaí (ah-sigh-ee) is the high-energy berry of a special Amazon palm tree. Harvested in the rainforests of Brazil, açaí tastes like a vibrant blend of berries and chocolate. Hidden within its royal purple pigment is the magic that makes it nature's perfect energy fruit. Açaí is packed full of antioxidants, amino acids and essential fatty acids. Although açaí may not be available in your local supermarket, you can find it in several health food and gourmet stores (often in juice form). A new product featuring the unsweetened pulp is now also available, and I highly recommend that you choose this form of açaí.
http://www.oprah.com/article/health/nutrition/life_acai

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Very interesting! I had acupuncture and ayurvedic treatments for other health reasons and i was very impressed with the results.
I can very well imagine that it should work well for improving blood circulation, lymph-drainage (-> dark circles and puffiness), metabolism, getting rid of toxins, reducing stress level, etc.. Please tell us more how it is going!! I also think the price is quite good! Where do you live?
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I live in California. PM for more information. Yes $120 isnt bad where in certain places its $135-150 per treatment. They request i get it twice a week but I decided to test it and do one this past week and one this week coming up but starting next week I will do it twice a week for faster results.

Very Happy
havana8

Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Turning Back the Clock with Cosmetic Acupuncture
http://www.cbs8.com/features/healthcast/story.php?id=138939

Here's the video:
http://www.cbs8.com/flv/video_pop_hd3.php?startID=138939&cat=undefined
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Please keep us posted. Thanks. Wink
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I too did this about 18 months ago, I was told I would need minimum 12 sessions at $110 per. Sadly there was little if any noticeable improvement and my practitioner was specifically trained in cosmetic acupuncture as well as being a Doctor of Chinese Medicine. When I would go he would exclaim at the improvements, but NO one else including me noticed any change. I was quite disappointed and felt ripped off as well. Sad
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
where did your doctor train? i found mines at this site

http://cosmeticacupunctureseminars.com/index.html
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |