Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help...very dry lips
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
can anyone suggest some mega healing lip chap? For some reason,my lips are very dry this week and nothing I use will improve them.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:27 am      Reply with quote
Miss Shoes wrote:
can anyone suggest some mega healing lip chap? For some reason,my lips are very dry this week and nothing I use will improve them.

What has worked for you in the past? I like Dr. Hauschka's stick, the Decleor stick, and my new fav is Pangea.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:00 am      Reply with quote
Without knowing what hasn't been working for you, how about Dermalogica Age Smart Renewal Lip Complex (pricey but really great reviews on MUA).

Have heard good things about Pangea, too.

One product I just love is something you can pick up quick at local drugstores and try: L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Lip Conditioner, which really helped my dry chapped lips and I now use it every day - I wrote about it here. It's not a chapstick, it's a lipgloss with slight tint but it's helped my dry lips better than any "stick" that I've tried.

So far, anyway. Laughing
zirconn
5% products discount

Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:16 am      Reply with quote
You definitely have to try L'occitane shea butter lip balm. In fact, you can use it anyway on your body that feels dry.

This is the best that I've used so far. I usually apply on the lips at night and it still stays moisturised the next morning.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Try Carmex. It can be found at any drugstore. I prefer the one in a tube. Put it on before bed. It's not fancy stuff but it really works.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I use Kiehl's lip balm when my lips are very dry or even cracked, and it works fine. Smile
MTRLB
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:59 am      Reply with quote
lunathefinal wrote:
I use Kiehl's lip balm when my lips are very dry or even cracked, and it works fine. Smile

Yes, kiehl's lip balm definitely is the choice for cheap and good lip balm.
I've used it and since have never stopped..
NataliaT
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I always use Kiehl's when (or after) skiing, for me it works perfect!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I swear by the Blistex Lip Medix in the little blue pot...it is the only thing that stays put all night on my lips, and that I don't have to constantly reapply.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks All.

The thing is...I have Khiel's lipbalm (spf 15) and a new Khiel's french rose lipgloss. They have not helped at all, if anything the gloss made it worse.

Im a lip gloss junkie..I have too many to name.

Haven't tried Carmex or L'ooctaine.

Thanks
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:31 am      Reply with quote
I usually just use vaseline day and night or as many times as needed..and when i shower, i put vaseline in before i jump in. Then before i get out i gently exfoliate them with a dry toothbrush. Then apply more vaseline once you get out. Works great!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. Nothing compares to this. I have used it for years and years and its the only thing that does the job!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:38 am      Reply with quote
Aquaphor is really good at healing chapped lips. I also like Laura Mercer Lip Silk. It is a heavy product, and a little hard to get out of the tube but stays in place and keeps my lips moisturized.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Julie Hewett lip balm is my favorite for dry lips. It's moisturizing and stays put.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Another Kiehl's fan. Use it every night before I go to bed.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Miss Shoes wrote:
Thanks All.

The thing is...I have Khiel's lipbalm (spf 15) and a new Khiel's french rose lipgloss. They have not helped at all, if anything the gloss made it worse.

Im a lip gloss junkie..I have too many to name.

Haven't tried Carmex or L'ooctaine.

Thanks

Maybe try Kiehl's #1? I feel the spf15 one doesn't give enough protection.
And agree that EA 8 hour cream is good too.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:29 am      Reply with quote
One of the most moisturizing lip blams I have ever used (and I've used all of the recommended ones in this thread) is Gatineau's Electelle. If you like lip gloss then you just may like this lip care product as it gives a nice glossy sheen to the lips as it moisturizes. I'll just warn you that it's on the expensive side. Good product but not cheap.
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Lips 2 Kiss night cream, it's the thing that has saved mine.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Exfoliate your lips first and then use straight oil like emu or look into a product likewww.lips2kiss.com - you can buy the cream separately v. the whole kit. You need to get the dead skin off your lips and then moisture in. Lay off the waxy stuff and petroleum-based stuff right now.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for Blistex Lip Medex (just make sure it is a medicated formula) in the blue pot. My whole family has serious issues with chapped lips in the winter and this is the only product we have found work and HEAL! The bonus...it's super cheap at the drugstore (or Walmart), especially when it's on sale Very Happy
NJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
I love Juara lip treatment. I've had this product for 2 weeks now and the condition of my lips has improved. Although it has not erased the fine lines on my lips, it has made my lips super soft. As well, the cream absorbs quickly.

5% products discount

Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
burts bee works for me!
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:55 am      Reply with quote
I've got a set of super flakey dry lips and I've tried everything out there, from organic and natural to synthetic drugstore stuff.

I used to be a carmex hoor (even though I detest petroleum products) because I found that it really helped exfoliate and keep my lips smooth and flake free. I would slather it on at night, wipe off all the dead skin in the morning, and moisturize with burts bees during the day.

However, I bought some lip balm from best bath store and I love it, much more so than carmex and burts bees lip balm. It really is like putting lotion on your lips, love it! I just put a good layer on at night, gently exfoliate in the morning and reapply throughout the day. It sort of reminds me of that ridiculously expensive Dr. Hauschka balm.
System
Automatic Message
Mon May 13, 2024 11:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |