Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Need help for damaged, breaking hair?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:30 am      Reply with quote
bksgypsyheart,

body art quality henna (sometimes mixed with high quality indigo for a brown/black color rather than red color) can be used to color even 100% gray hair..it's a bit of a mess..and a bit of an art form...to get it just right...but it's totally natural and helps strengthen hair rather than destroying it like (even what's called 'natural') permanent color does.

(this is not like the so called natural henna we usually get in the natural food stores)

check outwww.hennaforhair.com first if you have an interest...there is also a wonderful there forum where you can get your questions answered pronto by the moderators and others....

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
bksgypsyheart

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the tips. I will check out the Nioxon and the henna website. I did hear that henna was actually good for your hair. I wish I could find a hairdresser that would work with henna.
I have tried the Redken Extreme Antisnap. A friend used it and loved it. I didn't find it helped me much.
It's so weird what my hair is doing. I've always had very straight, fine hair, and now it looks and feels like a brillo pad.
What I really thought it was from is our water is heavily chlorinated. So we put a water filter on the whole house and an Aquasana water filter on the shower. But that was a year a year ago and my hair is still not getting any beter, it's getting worse. It's so frustrating not knowing exactly what is causing this. I've had a physical so I know it's not medical reasons.
I have until Nov 17th to decide whether to cut it short or not. I made a hair appt and I guess I will let my hairdresser decide.

5% products discount

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme, I've spent a good deal of time, off and on over the years, reading the longhaircareforum myself. It's a good resource. But, kind of like this site, it can be detrimental to my pocketbook! The Sevi Pumpkin Seed conditioner you mentioned sounds very enticing. The detangler looks good, too. Thanks for the links.

Time2Bme wrote:
You could also do an apple cider rinse. Just put a couple of tablespoon in a cup of water and dump it on your head. When I do this, I usually do it after I've shampooed and before I condition. I don't rinse out the ACV until I rinse out the conditioner. I like using Dr. Bragg's ACV; I do find it makes a difference if it is the natural type as opposed to the type you can get in the grocery store (ie Heinz).

I'm curious about this approach. I thought ACV was used to close the cuticles (normally as the last step after shampooing and conditioning). Wouldn't you want your cuticles to be open to receive moisture from the conditioner?
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
My all time favorite deep conditioner is the "blue green algae hair mask" by Aubrey Organics. They used to carry in my neighborhood health food store, but I can't find it locally so I order it online. Nothing makes my hair softer.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Renata wrote:
Time2Bme, I've spent a good deal of time, off and on over the years, reading the longhaircareforum myself. It's a good resource. But, kind of like this site, it can be detrimental to my pocketbook! The Sevi Pumpkin Seed conditioner you mentioned sounds very enticing. The detangler looks good, too. Thanks for the links.

Time2Bme wrote:
You could also do an apple cider rinse. Just put a couple of tablespoon in a cup of water and dump it on your head. When I do this, I usually do it after I've shampooed and before I condition. I don't rinse out the ACV until I rinse out the conditioner. I like using Dr. Bragg's ACV; I do find it makes a difference if it is the natural type as opposed to the type you can get in the grocery store (ie Heinz).

I'm curious about this approach. I thought ACV was used to close the cuticles (normally as the last step after shampooing and conditioning). Wouldn't you want your cuticles to be open to receive moisture from the conditioner?

Hi Renata,
I don't consider myself enough of an expert on ACV to really answer your question. I know that they recommend ACV after using a soap bar to cleanse your hair, because it is supposed to help restore the natural PH balance, but I really don't know enough about the cuticle, etc to get into to it too much. When I recommended the acv, it was meant in the spirit of what I've tried when my hair isn't behaving. If my hair feels like I've got build up and my scalp is bothering me, ACV is another thing I try.

There are a lot of experts on naturallycurly.com who know more about that than I do. I tend to have a few 'tricks' that work for me when my hair is feeling funky. ACV is one of them.

Sorry - I've probably muddied the issue more than helped. As far as the Sevi conditioners go - they are honestly one of the best conditioners I've ever used. As a total hair junkie, I've tried more than any person ever should !! The pumpkin is my favourite. It has a lemon-y scent. It distributes through my hair really easily and seems to melt the knots. I've also used it as a leave-in conditioner. My hair is very curly, but my daughter's hair is more wavy with loose curls. It works equally well for both of us.

The only negative comment I have about Sevi is that you have to be patient when you order from her, because your order can take quite a awhile to arrive. I think she was trying to rectify that; however, I haven't ordered in awhile. When I order I either order a large bottle or a number of things at a time, so that I don't have to order very often. I haven't tried any of her other products. The Shampoo isn't as good as the conditioner though ... I find it a little more drying than I like.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
The Sevi pumpkin conditioner sounds great. Thank I will have to give it a try!! Very Happy
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Let me know how you like it. I've never recommended it to someone who didn't end up loving the conditioner.

The lady who owns Sevi seems very nice. She does run a small business though and they make all their products on site. The only complaint I've ever gotten wasn't about the product, only that it took a longer time then they wanted to receive it.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |