Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Flex Effect
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:45 am      Reply with quote
If anyone has the written copy, if someone could let me know if they would be willing to share it with me.

I just went the website and the video is $29.95 and you can get it without the written copy. Thanks
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:58 am      Reply with quote
If you are serious about the program it is wise to have both the video or dvd and the book. The book has 40+ exercises and has very detailed important information with visuals. The dvd or video has only 14 exercises but it a good to actually see how to do some of the major exercises. After investing a year with flexing I feel to get the benefit you need it all, it is money well spent. Not everyone responds the same but you won't find many people that have used the program for a year or more that aren't pleased with their results. It is the best reverse the aging agent that I have found so far.
Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Toby. Will purchase it.
Morphy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Toby,

I don't know if you can help answer this question:

I understand the Flex exercises work by promoting circulation and strengthening the underlying structure. However, we're always told that too much facial expression can accelerate wrinkling, hence the need for botox.

So, I'm confused. As far as you know does the system address this question?

Thanks for your help,

Morph
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Actually the opposite happens: Since doing Flex Effect I no longer need Botox. Flex Effect tones/plumps the muscle and gives fullness to the face. Facial massage - which is considered another necessary component of the flex effect program helps with the circulation and helping to erase lines. YOu in essence massage the lines out over time when done in conjunction and discipline of the flex effect exercises.

I agree with toby - of all that I do, buy, etc this was the best purchase of all in my anti-aging search. Highly recommend. PS: I am a little over 3 months into it. I flex faithfully everyday and try to massage everyday too. I'm hooked.

Sis
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Morphy wrote:
Hi Toby,

I don't know if you can help answer this question:

I understand the Flex exercises work by promoting circulation and strengthening the underlying structure. However, we're always told that too much facial expression can accelerate wrinkling, hence the need for botox.

So, I'm confused. As far as you know does the system address this question?

Thanks for your help,

Morph

I understand how flexeffect sounds contradictory to advice that you have heard most of your life about what can cause wrinkles. Truly you have to reeducate yourself as you enter into this program. I am 53 and was starting to experience some sag and felt that all the thinking about not making expressions and that facial exercises couldn't work just didn't make sense to me. I felt I either needed to under go the knife or give facial exercises a try. I tried three program before I discovered flexeffect. The other programs weren't effective enough to make a difference although I could tell my face was beginning to respond. When I started FlexEffect I noticed a difference within the first week. Not everyone has the quick response that I did, but most are extremely satisfied with their results. All you have to do is look at Deb's picture at 60(the founder). Granted she developed the program when she was young and has been faithful to it so her results are excellent. But my results for one year are pretty amazing as well. The only downside to flexing is YOU HAVE TO DO it faithfully and many people just can't stay motivated long enough to see the results they are after. The forum connected to the program keeps you motivated and challenged. Between the FlexEffect forums and this forum my skin has been transformed. Before I was introduced to the Flexing program and this forum I was really struggling with the changes I was seeing in my face with aging,....... :now I am seeing such improvement. Very Happy
Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Toby or Sis- How much time a day does it take?
Plan on ordering tomorrow.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Around 28 minutes and it is suggested to break it up into two sessions if time is an issue.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Will they come out with a DVD with all the exercises that are in the book as well?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Around 28 minutes and it is suggested to break it up into two sessions if time is an issue.
Toby

Not any time soon. She will be releasing a new book but I wouldn't wait on that either. There have been several dates that we thought the book would be available and that hasn't happened. What is available and is excellent.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Agree - It is a 20-30 minute time needed. I sometimes do it all at once and I have at times done the exercises in increments over the course of a day.

I suggest starting out with the CD 14 exercises - I did that for a month and then started incorporating other exercises. It starts to feel really good when you do these - and when you're done, you can tell your face is working. You feel the blood flow and you feel the pump in the muscles.

Like Toby I personally felt I started seeing the difference early - within at least two weeks and others have felt the same. Now, I can really tell and even a guy friend I have told me I look different somehow - he tells me I look Great - "how could you look better?" What a sweetie! I see it now though - all the time. a little lift and little firmness and it's everywhere - in the mouth/lip area, cheeks, and eyes. I encourage you to go for it and as Toby says you need to be disciplined and dedicated (DO IT FAITHFULLY) and the results are yours to get.

Good luck. HOpe you'll keep us updated. Love my flex effect.

Sis
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Actually the opposite happens: Since doing Flex Effect I no longer need Botox. Flex Effect tones/plumps the muscle and gives fullness to the face. Facial massage - which is considered another necessary component of the flex effect program helps with the circulation and helping to erase lines. YOu in essence massage the lines out over time when done in conjunction and discipline of the flex effect exercises.

I agree with toby - of all that I do, buy, etc this was the best purchase of all in my anti-aging search. Highly recommend. PS: I am a little over 3 months into it. I flex faithfully everyday and try to massage everyday too. I'm hooked.

Sis

Ugh...you guys are SUCH enablers, but I do trust the opinions of many people here. And the "no more Botox" thing got me....I spend $800 on Botox every 4-6 months, in addition to fillers. This may save me a fortune over time, so I bought it. Very Happy

Plus, I haven't seen anything else (short of a face lift) that effectively targets the jowl sag as shown in this before and after pic...exactly what I am starting to deal with. Mad

http://www.flexeffect.com/beforeafter10.htm

I also recently purchased the Facial Flex and really like it...do you think that I can alternate the two programs initially? (yes, I understand that the FF only targets the lower face, but it is so darn easy and fast!)

Or maybe I can just add in some eye stuff from FE? I am just trying to not get overwhelmed initially...if I do, I'll quit. Sad

You guys are the experts...let me know what you think.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:22 am      Reply with quote
I have the facialflex(I think thats what its called)Its a little metal thing you put in your mouth and you open and close your mouth and it helps to firm the jawline,its only 2 minutes a day.I bought flexeffect too but honestly am confused by the program and I didnt like that one exercise where she pulls her lower eyelids down. I need to give the program a second look, I wish there was a way to condense it down to 10 minutes a day.,and someting I could do in the car on way to work
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany - do the DVD - and then once you're used to the exercises you can do them without the DVD throughout the day - it will be quick and easy. 14 only.

then add in what you want - like the remainder of the eye exercises. Initially I wanted to just do cheek exercises to plump out the center of my face and then started doing everything and really liked the look I was getting around my mouth - this surprised me the most.

I am way past due for my botox and I was supposed to get the booster for my artefill and I don't need them. It has made that much of a difference. I may still get the artefil boost -since I've already committed this far to it but I don't see that he'll do much. And I am not in a hurry to make the appointment and spend the $$. I bought the prolight red instead!
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Bethany - do the DVD - and then once you're used to the exercises you can do them without the DVD throughout the day - it will be quick and easy. 14 only.

then add in what you want - like the remainder of the eye exercises. Initially I wanted to just do cheek exercises to plump out the center of my face and then started doing everything and really liked the look I was getting around my mouth - this surprised me the most.

I am way past due for my botox and I was supposed to get the booster for my artefill and I don't need them. It has made that much of a difference. I may still get the artefil boost -since I've already committed this far to it but I don't see that he'll do much. And I am not in a hurry to make the appointment and spend the $$. I bought the prolight red instead!

Wow, this sounds like it is a money saver.

Did you buy the professional model brand new or the test model?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Sis...sounds like a plan. I was supposed to get my fillers touched up on Friday, but have to reschedule yet AGAIN due to my new job. Mad I definitely need to have my lips done, but I may actually skip the marionette lines just so that I can really track my progress.

BTW, I assume you can't do any eye/forehead/glabella exercises if you have Botox in those areas?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:30 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
BTW, I assume you can't do any eye/forehead/glabella exercises if you have Botox in those areas?

You can not exercise muscles paralyzed by Botox, but if muscles can move there is no reason why you can not exercise them.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
So, has anyone had vertical lip lines that were corrected, or at least greatly diminished using Flex Effect?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
The vertical lip lines aren't something I struggle with, but I am sure you could ask that question on the FlexEffect forum if someone here hasn't had experience with that area.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Toby. I asked over there!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Grrr....I registered for the FE general forum, and STILL do not have my email that lets me validate my registration.

Yes, I entered the email address correctly. (I verified it again when it showed the email address they sent it to)

No, it is not in my junk folder.

Claudia...if you happen to be reading, can you help me somehow? Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany - Be sure to check your junk file - that's where mine went unfortunately!

You will not be able to work areas affected by botox. I'm just starting to be able to do that in the last month +. My botox is past due. Today I looked again carefully and nope - don't need it. I'm hoping to at least extend the effects. I'm at almost 5 months - well past.... now.

Somedays it does look like I need it - frowning at night I gues - but if I had frownies and the flex effect I might be okay. But it goes away like today and I look clear and smooth as ever. amazing.

LucyLuc - I thought of you tonight while I was doing my undereye lift exercise. It is an awesome exercise. My eyes are wider - open and no effects of the undereye "squint". It's all good. Do not be afraid. I did not expect the results I have seen after 3 months. wonderful. everywhere.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany - Be sure to check your junk file - that's where mine went unfortunately!

You will not be able to work areas affected by botox. I'm just starting to be able to do that in the last month +. My botox is past due. Today I looked again carefully and nope - don't need it. I'm hoping to at least extend the effects. I'm at almost 5 months - well past.... now.

Some mornings it does look like I need it - frowning at night I gues - but if I had frownies and the flex effect I might be okay. But it goes away like today and I look clear and smooth as ever. amazing.

LucyLuc - I thought of you tonight while I was doing my undereye lift exercise. It is an awesome exercise. My eyes are wider - open and no effects of the undereye "squint". It's all good. Do not be afraid. I did not expect the results I have seen after 3 months. wonderful. everywhere.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:48 pm      Reply with quote

Some mornings it does look like I need it - frowning at night I gues - but if I had frownies and the flex effect I might be okay. But it goes away like today and I look clear and smooth as ever. amazing.

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Nope..I have been checking constantly!

However, I just checked their email sender reputation (yes, I do this stuff for a living), and it looks like they may have some ISP blocks against them, which means that certain email providers will not let email from them be delivered to recipients (even though FlexEffect THINKS they are being delivered).

Claudia - if you happen to be reading this, please PM me and I will fill you in on what that means if you don't know. And hopefully I can eventually get into the various forums, since I bought the whole kit and caboodle.

And if I can't get a darn email for the forum, I hope they have a good return policy. (guess I should have checked that before I bought)

Can you tell I have had a bad day? This is just the icing on the cake. Rolling Eyes

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |