Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

can I use a dermaroller on my hands?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
claraboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I've just bought a dermaroller 1.5 to use on my face but wondered if i could also use on the backs of my handfs to improve the scrawny and veiny look Sad

My only worry though was that since the skin there seems to be quite thin now and often the veins really stand out , that if i rolled it would be like a blood bath Shock .

Thanks
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
claraboo wrote:
Hi, I've just bought a dermaroller 1.5 to use on my face but wondered if i could also use on the backs of my handfs to improve the scrawny and veiny look Sad

My only worry though was that since the skin there seems to be quite thin now and often the veins really stand out , that if i rolled it would be like a blood bath Shock .

Thanks

Yes, you can. I actually use a .5mm on mine, and have used a 1.0mm at times as well...it has definitely improved my pigmentation on my hands.

I would give the 1.5mm a shot, but start off with lighter pressure and work up to what you can handle. You will need to flex your hands a couple of way to ensure even penetration between the various bones.

And be prepared for your hands to look great after you roll, get VERY ugly as the swelling recedes, and then eventually look much better.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've also got the 1.5m and use it on my hands. I've rolled them about 3 times now and notice a slight improvement. As Bethany said, they look worse before they get better.
claraboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

Thanks for that info, very useful!!
it's interesting that the veins don't affect the rolling too much

It makes me think that i should wait until the weather gets colder and i need to wear gloves in public Wink Wink

what do you tell people about why your hands are red and bruised?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
claraboo wrote:
Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

Thanks for that info, very useful!!
it's interesting that the veins don't affect the rolling too much

It makes me think that i should wait until the weather gets colder and i need to wear gloves in public Wink Wink

what do you tell people about why your hands are red and bruised?

Mine don't bruise...they just get leathery looking while the inflammation is receding. Anya and I call it "elephant flesh." Generally, no one will notice. But if they look extra bad, you can always sit on them. Smile

But in 3 weeks mine typically look GREAT. (YMMV of course)

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:49 am      Reply with quote
YES YES YES!! I have had the best results on my hands and never really experienced the "uglies" either.

rebecca

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Ooh that's very encouraging indeed.

I was all for using it then read somewhere that a woman knew of 21 people who used a DR and all got horrible scar tissue all over their skin from the healing points Shock

Thankyou Razz
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:02 am      Reply with quote
I roll my hands and arms. Although the progress was slow it helped greatly diminish a scar and totally removed age spots from one hand and mostly removed them from the other (I've been doing it for over 4 months with a 1.5mm roller). I think that it has also made the skin thicker because I can barely see the blood vessels in my hands any more.

PS Sometimes after I rolled it looked rougher for a period but sometimes it just was a bit pink. I do not know what the difference was but in a few days for me my hands looked great. I do also use old face creams on my hands.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:24 am      Reply with quote
wow!!! no more visible blood vessels????

Now THAT is what i'm so hoping to achieve!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I just read an article in a mag today at the dermatologist's office, and it was discussing the injection of Radiesse into hands to help plump them up and hide veins. It lasts 1-2 years, and doesn't help with pigmentation issues.

The average cost....$2,500. Shock

I think I'll stick with the dermaroller!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the roller on a bit of my hands yesterday and it REALLY HURT, not so much when I was rolling but afterwards.

My hands are really bony, they always have been but now the skin is really thin so they look quite skeletal.

perhaps I should buy some numbing cream?

how often should i roll?

Emma Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:01 am      Reply with quote
claraboo wrote:
I tried the roller on a bit of my hands yesterday and it REALLY HURT, not so much when I was rolling but afterwards.

My hands are really bony, they always have been but now the skin is really thin so they look quite skeletal.

perhaps I should buy some numbing cream?

how often should i roll?

Emma Smile

The numbing cream is really only good for prior to a roll....it wears off quite quickly.

I know exactly what you mean about the pain though...fortunately it typically doesn't last that long (no more than a day for me).

I don't believe in rolling more than every 2 weeks, and don't personally roll more than once a month. But that's only MY opinion...many people roll once a week and have great results.

I would suggest rolling no more often than once a week, and only do it that frequently IF your hands have fully healed from the prior roll.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |