Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

TheLedMan.net - Custom LED Units!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, V is so helpful and really knows his stuff.
I'm sure he could answer your questions.His address is theledman.net.
hth
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Will "V" make it to order, if you request certain specific wavelengths?

For instance, if I wanted 600nm rather than the typical 590nm for amber, would/could he get it?

I'd consider getting a larger panel type model if I can get the wavelengths I want.

Yes...as long as he can get those wavelengths from his supplier. He made my green one custom for me, and even made the size within the parameters I requested.

I was very happy with the quality of mine...I posted pics earlier in the thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link!

I think I might send him an email, because I have quite a few questions I want to ask him...

I'm wondering if he ever sets his diodes in anything but metal? I'm leary after Beth said her's "puts off a ton of heat" ... Shock That's too drying to the skin on a regular basis..

I also want to ask him if he can seperate 3 different wavelengths throughout a device rather than put it in rows (which is of course cheaper and easier), but doesn't allow for each wavelength to get to all the skin.

I want to duplicate my LightStim, but have a large (possibly paneled) device.

I'll report whatever he tells me.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I'm wondering if he ever sets his diodes in anything but metal? I'm leary after Beth said her's "puts off a ton of heat" ... Shock That's too drying to the skin on a regular basis.

Kassy, the heat thing is probably relative...5 mins with mine on each side of my face is more than fine. But I decided to try it for 10 mins on each side, and when I got part way through the 2nd side (like after it was on for 15 mins straight), then the bulbs got a bit warm. Embarassed But the aluminum frame didn't change in temp at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, I checked my old emails from V, and he uses 590nm as his yellow/amber.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Thanks for the heads up... When I get home, I'll write him an email, and see what options he gives me..

In a perfect world, I would really like a double paneled device, to allow for a short treatment time.. If he can make me that with the specific wavelengths I have in mind, I will order one.

I'll keep ya posted.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
any more reviews (positive or negative) about the LEDman's products..?

I am interested in a cheaper led device, but not sure if the ledman's leds are strong enough..
Le_Male

Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
@Bethany & all

Hello, I am interested in buying a panel led to TheLedman. I want the panels to bright freckles and blemishes. After reading a lot of information online, I'm not sure which is most appropriate if the green light or yellow light. I have the option of requesting a dual unit with both lights.

I hope your answers

Regards
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Le_Male wrote:
@Bethany & all

Hello, I am interested in buying a panel led to TheLedman. I want the panels to bright freckles and blemishes. After reading a lot of information online, I'm not sure which is most appropriate if the green light or yellow light. I have the option of requesting a dual unit with both lights.

I hope your answers

Regards

Green lightens pigmentation

Yellow/Amber is good for fine lines and wrinkles

Blue is best for active acne

I would consider a dual panel, but I would want to turn the different colored lights on and off separately (so you have only green on OR only yellow on).

Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:00 am      Reply with quote
[quote="bethany"]
Le_Male wrote:
@Bethany & all

I hope your answers

Regards

Green lightens pigmentation

Yellow/Amber is good for fine lines and wrinkles

Blue is best for active acne

I would consider a dual panel, but I would want to turn the different colored lights on and off separately (so you have only green on OR only yellow on).

The problem is that many sites the green light is recommended for problems pygmentation, but in many others is the yellow light.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Le_Male wrote:

The problem is that many sites the green light is recommended for problems pygmentation, but in many others is the yellow light.

That is true. But this is where you need to do your own research and determine:
1) if an LED will really help with pigmentation (it did NOT for me)
2) If you go with an LED, which wavelength do you think will be most effective based on your own research

I would search the internet for: LED clinical studies pigmentation (or hyperpigmentation)

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
bethany wrote:

Thanks for the heads up... When I get home, I'll write him an email, and see what options he gives me..

In a perfect world, I would really like a double paneled device, to allow for a short treatment time.. If he can make me that with the specific wavelengths I have in mind, I will order one.

I'll keep ya posted.
That must have been a long ride home since we haven't seen a response. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
zyggy wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
bethany wrote:

I'll keep ya posted.
That must have been a long ride home since we haven't seen a response. Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I wanted specific wavelengths, and he wasn't able to accomodate me.. Also, I heard from a good source, he uses a quality of diode, that are more appropriate for general lighting appliances. (Specifically, the kind that are uncomfortably hot.)

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I heard from a good source, he uses a quality of diode, that are more appropriate for general lighting appliances. (Specifically, the kind that are uncomfortably hot.)

I can definitely attest that my green one is not uncomfortably hot.

I am recommitting myself to using it because I am already seeing some rebound pigmentation from that darn HQ. Mad It may take a lot longer, but should be better down the road.(just like certain people told me to begin with, sigh) I sure wish that I had more patience! Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
zyggy wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
bethany wrote:

I'll keep ya posted.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I wanted specific wavelengths, and he wasn't able to accomodate me.. Also, I heard from a good source, he uses a quality of diode, that are more appropriate for general lighting appliances. (Specifically, the kind that are uncomfortably hot.)

I'm glad you made it home, and shucks about the wave lengths.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Zygmeister .. Very Happy

What's your LED update?

arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="bethany

I am recommitting myself to using it (LED)because I am already seeing some rebound pigmentation from that darn HQ. Mad It may take a lot longer, but should be better down the road.(just like certain people told me to begin with, sigh) I sure wish that I had more patience! Embarassed[/quote]

I'm really sorry to hear about the rebound. Bummer. But honestly, was totally surprised you tried the stuff, the HQ. You, who I consider the QUEEN of RESEARCH, you who seems to suss out the most complete information on everything - did all those papers saying this would happen escape your well-trained eye?

Or did you just decide, to hell, you were gonna give it a shot and see what happens?
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I love my little LED from V. Most of all, I love that it is so much cheaper.
"good source"????
LOL
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
arya2 wrote:
bethany wrote:

I am recommitting myself to using it (LED)because I am already seeing some rebound pigmentation from that darn HQ. Mad It may take a lot longer, but should be better down the road.(just like certain people told me to begin with, sigh) I sure wish that I had more patience! Embarassed

I'm really sorry to hear about the rebound. Bummer. But honestly, was totally surprised you tried the stuff, the HQ. You, who I consider the QUEEN of RESEARCH, you who seems to suss out the most complete information on everything - did all those papers saying this would happen escape your well-trained eye?

Or did you just decide, to hell, you were gonna give it a shot and see what happens?

Oh, I read them! But I assumed that was because those OTHER people didn't wear their sunscreen. But I missed 2 days of sunscreen (inside only, I might add!) and I was right there with them! Embarassed But I do think that if you are VERY, VERY diligent you can avoid it.

I am going to finish up what I have, but will then stay off the HQ sauce and stick just with the Vivite Vibrance and the green LED.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

What's your LED update?
I honestly can't tell a difference. Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
I was checking with V and in response to Kassys post .
Quote:
Kassy_A wrote:
I heard from a good source, he uses a quality of diode, that are more appropriate for general lighting appliances. (Specifically, the kind that are uncomfortably hot.)

This is V's response:
Quote:
What else would LEDs be used for besides lighting, thats what they do, make light. LOL LEDS for lighting are usually white in case anybody hasn't noticed. he he he..

My LED lights can get quite warm if operated for a long time. the time one needs to use them is not all that long and the heat is not a problem in most cases. Any LEDs get warm when you pack enough of them together tightly. Any LEDs that don't get hot don't put out any power either. I use the same or better LEDS as most of the other companies, so they are no different.

Kassy may have heard from a good source, but does that mean she knows anything about it? I have been making these for years, what hands on knowledge does she have about it, and what are the specific measurements of her claims? Hearsay is not the greatest information to base ones decisions on.

I probably won't go on the forum to let people know this but if you want you can pass this info along. Its up to you.

Take care,
V
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
I was checking with V and in response to Kassys post .
Quote:
Kassy_A wrote:

This is V's response:
Quote:
What else would LEDs be used for besides lighting, thats what they do, make light. LOL LEDS for lighting are usually white in case anybody hasn't noticed. he he he..

My LED lights can get quite warm if operated for a long time. the time one needs to use them is not all that long and the heat is not a problem in most cases. Any LEDs get warm when you pack enough of them together tightly. Any LEDs that don't get hot don't put out any power either. I use the same or better LEDS as most of the other companies, so they are no different.

Kassy may have heard from a good source, but does that mean she knows anything about it? I have been making these for years, what hands on knowledge does she have about it, and what are the specific measurements of her claims? Hearsay is not the greatest information to base ones decisions on.

I probably won't go on the forum to let people know this but if you want you can pass this info along. Its up to you.

Take care,
V

Thanks for sharing the information - the more we know, the better decisions we can make. I like V, and will consider him if I'm ever in the market for an LED (I'm shelving the idea for now).

However, in Kassy's defense, let's face it, all we HAVE is hearsay (often contradictory), from those who have units, and those who create them. I can easily see why someone would choose a less expensive unit on the grounds that the quality might be close enough not to matter. I can also see the wisdom in going with a more expensive one, too, with more established results.

I'd like to hear more from people with V's red/infrared units, so if anyone out there has one, give us the scoop! Inquiring minds Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
zyggy wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

What's your LED update?

I honestly can't tell a difference. Crying or Very sad

That's too bad zyg.. Crying or Very sad

If you want to talk about some ideas to try, email or PM me.

katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:41 am      Reply with quote
I have an LEDman light that i bought for my son's acne. There are 3 separate lights all with their own switches.
Red yellow and blue.
He has stopped using it and i am using it on my chest sans blue light when I am doing the AAl light thing (you know Kassy's one)
It never gets hot.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Ok...no more fighting or everyone will have to go to Time Out! Shock Shock Shock

I think that everyone knows by now that vendors have the right to refute hearsay, so that shouldn't come as a surprise. But there is no need to do anything but focus on the FACTS...bringing emotion into play never gets anyone anywhere.

Afterall, as my mother always said (and hopefully everyone else's did too)...

If You Can't Say Something Nice, Say Nothing At All

Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |