Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
What do you think of Mary Kay products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I have a freind that recently started to sell Mary Kay cosmetics. I never go for these pyramid type products as I think they are over priced and drug-store quality. She is bugging to buy stuff, of course but I am only interested in cutting edge products and don't know how to politley tell her I am not interested. Anyone else have some experience with this line?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I used that line about 15 years ago when I was still in university. At that time I was also selling the products, didn't impressed with it.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Bugs...just say No thanks! If she is your friend, she will respect your preference and back off.
You're right, it's a pyramid thing, so the poor suckers have to find other poor suckers in order to turn a profit. The products aren't all that, IMHO. Full of bad things. And just try to return one of them!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:50 am      Reply with quote
I think we-the-princesses deserve better! Very Happy I tried them briefly in my early twenties, nothing good - even for the nice young skin without any issues at that time!
We only have one face!
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
I found the skin care line extremely overpriced and I had breakouts after using it. I do like their make-up however.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
I too had a friend that was into this, just out of curiosity, and the fact I had tried so many different things (back then), I thought what the heck. I can not remember the exact names of the products I used, but I invested in a cleanser, moisturizer and some various makeup items including foundations. WOW, it did not take long for my skin to start rejecting this "cheap" (I don't mean money cheap). It is filled with horrible products and I had to stop using it almost immediately after I started. Wasted a whole lot of money. Long after my trial with Mary Kay, I tried a whole line of Clinique. The two were very similar to me. HORRIBLE!. I remember a few years back my mom started doing the AVON thing, and I just had to say NO. I am guessing that Avon is probably along the same lines as Mary Kay...and I say...stay away Very Happy

5% products discount

Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe suggest to your friend that she look into Arbonne... if she wants to sell...

The products are WAY better... it's also a bit more expensive... and she doesn't have to keep a crazy inventory in order to earn....

I used to sell it... just never loved it... and didn't do well... and I could sell sand in Iraq...

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Way to overprized, quality questionable! Try Avon instead - The prize is right and the Anew products actually show results.
Andrea01
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I agreee with everyone else. Over priced, drug store quality.

Just say "No thank you, I am happy with the products I currently use!"
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think is that bad. I have try a few products like cleanser, moisturiser, mascara and the microdermabrasion. I think the price is good too. And there is a LOT of great reviews on MakeupAlley. They offer 100% guarantee. If you don't like it or if your skin react to the product you get your money back no problem. I really don't think is that bad and that is why I even think about selling them to make a little sideline. And it is not pyramidal. I work in a lawyer firm and made some research...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I'm in the minority here but I think they have some nice products to offer. I've used MK in the past but didn't really like having to deal with consultant every time. Ebay is another option but I've gotten some old expired stuff that way so I eventually gave up on the line.

I actually had great experience with their skin care and make up. But if you are happy with the products you have now just tell your friend that and hopefully she will leave you alone.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:45 am      Reply with quote
I haven't used these products in 30 years! I think it was my first foray into the world of skin care. There are some good products and some bad. I do recall having a reaction to some of the creams. But loving other stuff in the line. I did hate the pressure to buy and become a hostess and seller.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |