Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review for Decleor Ylang Ylang Night Balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
clin1202
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the Decleor Ylang Ylang Night Balm for 4 nights straight, and I think it definitely clarifies my pores. My skin feels really clean, but then it may also be the weather change. The weather has been cooler in the past few days, and my skin naturally looks clean and clear with drier air.

Has anyone tried the both the Ylang Ylang oil and the balm? I'm afraid that the balm may be too rich and will clog my pores eventually. Is the oil better?
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:13 am      Reply with quote
I've recently started using the Ylang Ylang oil and the balm. I use the oil in the morning and the balm at night. Previously I was using the Neroli oil in the am and Essential Balm at pm.
The Decleor salon told me that I should use the Ylang Ylang products until my skin problem had sorted itself out. Once my skin had cleared up she suggested that I could switch back to the Neroli as this should help to maintain any results I'd achieved with the Ylang Ylang. As for the Essential Balm, this was only to be used 2 weeks at a time as a treatment.
If you feel that the Ylang Ylang balm may be too rich for your skin then you could always try and use it less frequently. If your skin has cleared up then I don't see why you should use it so often, maybe use it occasionally as a top-up measure. Of course, if your pores start getting clogged again then you can always go back to using it every night.
The oil is probably a better option for long term use. I feel the oil is much lighter than the balm. It also (supposedly) helps your moisturiser to work that little bit better.
clin1202
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have decided that the balm is too rich for me. My skin was totally clear before I tried this, and now I have a couple of clogged pores. I will try the oil instead.

I always feel the urge to try every product that people rave about, lol. I think the Ylang Ylang is for acne and I didn't have acne? Embarassed
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:10 am      Reply with quote
clin1202 wrote:
I think the Ylang Ylang is for acne and I didn't have acne? Embarassed

The Ylang Ylang is used to treat problem skins but it is also used to regulate oily skins. So, if you have particularly oily skin then the oil should help to balance it out.

I suggest that you try and locate a local Decleor salon and ask them for a sample of the Ylang Ylang oil. If they're very nice Very Happy they'll give you a little sample of the oil and you can give that a try for a while. The sample will contain about 2.5ml worth so it should last you long enough to see if it is working for you.
Roisin
5% products discount

Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy

I use the Ylang Ylang oil in the morning with hydra mat lotion on top which is to stop your skin from getting shiny. I have to admit that it does work as by the afternoon my forehead used to be really shiny and now it is not.

At night I use the oil with the balm on top. if you feel it is too rich just use less of each. You only need one or two drops of the oil and a very small amount of the balm which should then be warmed up by rubbing palms together then applied.

I find that this really soothes my skin and in the morning my pores seems to have shrunk. This stuff really helps with any outbreaks as the Ylang Ylang purifies the skin and so aids healing.

It won't hurt to try it and remember less is more!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |