Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Hair we go
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:30 am      Reply with quote
It's toooo late for anyone to help but I am going to confess anyway. I normally have long or shoulder length hair. Fed up with it I have had it all cut off and now I am crying. It was not a rash decision, I have been thinking about it for at least two years. Rolling Eyes Anyhow I like the hair it's great. Smile But soooo much of my face is exposed and I cannot hide any more. Shock I'm seriously thinking that I'm gonna have to go and get a face lift. Boo hoo Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Dabawenya62
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
It's toooo late for anyone to help but I am going to confess anyway. I normally have long or shoulder length hair. Fed up with it I have had it all cut off and now I am crying. It was not a rash decision, I have been thinking about it for at least two years. Rolling Eyes Anyhow I like the hair it's great. Smile But soooo much of my face is exposed and I cannot hide any more. Shock I'm seriously thinking that I'm gonna have to go and get a face lift. Boo hoo Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Don't cry! Just think positive! Now you can show your new hairstyle, your pretty face and of course you'll get use to it, eventually.

And as they say: it will grow back... so hang in there.. wave

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
I went through a similar thing back in March. I had long hair and decided to get it all cut off and have layers put in. Up until then I had always had poker straight hair. Really sleek and healthy. After having it cut and the layers added, my hair suddenly turned wavy and frizzy. I was mortified!
Needless to say, I've been trying to grow it out ever since. I don't think I will ever get my hair back to its previous glory days. Sad
Age, hormones, too many heated appliances has turned my hair into a frizzy mess and I really regret ever walking into that hair salon.

Glad you like your hair cut - that's the main thing. Don't worry about feeling so exposed, it's just because you're not used to it. As for the face lift, just use your new haircut as an excuse to try out some more skin saving products! Wink
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Yep I had a similar experience a few years ago. I had waist long thick curly hair and I was pulled of the steet by a hairdresser wanting to cut my hair for free as she wanted to practice on long curly hair. I was flattered so I let her drag me in!! She showed me a picture of a girl with curly hair with it reaching just past her shoulders. I'd been toying with the idea of cutting my hair for ages so I thought....lets go for it. It ended up by my ears!! I walked out of the salon mortified! Needless to say I didn't cut it for about a year as I was trying to grow it! Its never been the same since Sad
Aurora
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
hm...after reading this I convinced that I should not cut my very long, thick and shiny hair... *love my hair*
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:08 am      Reply with quote
I've been thinking about getting my long hair cut for a while. I'm totally fed up with it. BUT now I think I'll leave it alone!!

I'm sure you're hair will grow again!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I must be in a minority. I have short hair. I love short hair. In fact, I truly believe that most women look better with a short, chic haircut. At work, I'm known as a "hair style consultant" and people come to me asking for help picking out hair style that would suit them. I've had three ladies who were brave enough to except my suggestion that they go short and after they did it, THEY LOOKED FABULOUS!!! Everyone was complimenting them and telling them how gorgeous they looked. I even got a few "referrals" for my hair style consultations because these other ladies wanted to know what style would make them look new/younger/fab. I realize that short hair isn't for everyone (even though I bet they'd look great!!), but one of my biggest pet peeves is women who are wearing the same hair style today that they had when they graduated from high school. Now, I know for some of you, that was only a year or two ago, but when you've looked exactly the same since 1986, then it's time for a little modernization!!

And is for women who are afraid to go under the scissors, I have to ask: how often do you wear your long hair up on a bun/knot or pulled back in a ponytail? What's the point of having long hair if you're just going to hide it that way? If you want to "try" out a short cut before you commit, just try tucking your hair into the collar of your shirt sometime and take a look at how your face looks without all that hair to camoflauge it....

Anyway, that's my two cents...although we know how worthless those pennies really are!! And I'm sure that there's a few of you who would now like to scalp me for playing devil's advocate....Wink

Carrie
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all replies. I just think I am not used to seeing so much of my face exposed. Nearly everyone has said they love it. So I guess I have just got to get used to it. I also don't wear much make up, mascara and occasionally foundation. I did put foundation on today and it does look better. I love short hair on other women I am sure it will grow on me.
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:01 am      Reply with quote
There you go, loopylori, I'm sure it will grow on you, it IS a real shocker at first. Shock I used to have long straight hair when everybody did(what can I say - we were hippies) and one day when I was living in Phildelphia, on a whim, I walked into a barber shop and had all my hair chopped off. Well, I loved it and have changed my hairstyle about every 2 years since that time, unless I wear it longer for a period. What I figure is you can't change your face (well you can but that's a bit radical and $$$), so why not have fun with your hair. There are great short looks and the key thing is to go to someone who's really good with short hair styles. What I've personally found, as I "matured," is that I look better with some softness around my face so I've strayed away from the more severe styles. So enjoy it, play with it! Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I have to say that I think shorter hair on women as they get older looks way better, unless they are going for the big hair up in elaborate do style. Mines pretty long and I lond to chop it, but guapaboy likes it long, so I leave it. Really hate my hair anyway tho Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:13 am      Reply with quote
I'd love to have my hair in a fab short style, but the truth is I'm scared to do it...

I have friends who look fab with short hair, but I'm just to frightened to take the plunge!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Short hair can be great but you need the right facial features for it. Shorter styles generally look better on people with more delicate, feminine features. You don't want to be mistaken for a bloke!
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:33 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:

Mines pretty long and I lond to chop it, but guapaboy likes it long, so I leave it. Really hate my hair anyway tho

You know, I think men have this "thing" about long hair.My guy thought that's what he liked to but after I cut it, he came around. In fact, every time I'm thinking about a new look, he says "I like it the way it is." Then he ends up really liking the new "do" so what I've realized is that he just doesn't like change, or the idea of it. But I do what I think will look good and he always comes around. Very Happy

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |