Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I read about this in a newspaper the other day. The "Stop" unit uses Tripollar radio frequency technology to stimulate collagen, apparently.

http://www.stop-age.com/product-info.php
It costs £300+! Shock

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed that Marta posted about it on Truth in Aging...here is an overview. See the link below for the rest of the article.

Quote:
What this little space-age gadget purports to do is to "stop" the signs of aging on the face, neck, and hands by heating the tissues under the skin. The low-power radio frequency energy emitted by the Stop device is, in turn, supposed to tighten collagen fibers and stimulate the production of new collagen. Radio frequency technology, the latest of which is named TriPollar, works by passing an electrical current through the body, producing heat in both superficial and deep dermal layers. It is currently used in thousands of clinics in over 50 countries with the ReGen and Apollo systems, which provide fat reduction, body contouring, and non-surgical face lifting. Stop puts professional TriPollar technology in the hands of consumers, offering results that would typically require a trip to an aesthetician.

Whereas a typical TriPollar treatment consists of 6-8 sessions, the recommended regimen with Stop is 15 minutes a few times per week for up to six weeks. The process of using Stop might seem a bit daunting, not to mention icky. Before putting your face or body in contact with Stop, you are supposed to apply a provided slimy preparation gel to the target area to protect the skin and ensure the optimal temperature. You then connect the device to a power supply, select the intensity setting, and glide it around in circular motions, making sure that all four electrodes are in contact with the skin. You are advised to follow up with Stop's After Treatment cream to soothe skin and enrich it with nutrients that will ensure long-term results.
As far as clinical studies go, in tests conducted by the manufacturer, the hand-held device was effective at firming skin and boosting collagen renewal. A 3.5 week clinical trial demonstrated up to a 50% increase in dermal thickening (ostensibly the equivalent of 10 years in the skin's lifespan) and a 35% reduction of fine lines. After the initial treatment, results showed tighter, more supple skin with less fine lines and wrinkles.

http://www.truthinaging.com/2008/09/stop-the-clock.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
Please, "Stop" me from ordering this! Laughing
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I thought the title of the post was a tongue-in-cheek reference to our obsession with gadgets... Rolling Eyes
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Here is some info on the Tri-Pollar technology which the "Stop" gadget is supposed to be the home version of. It looks pretty impressive. I can feel some lusting starting!

http://www.pollogen.com/int/Dr%20Kim's%20TriPollar%20&%20Asian%20Skin%20Wht%20Paper%20NOV%2016.pdf

I think you're going to have to copy and paste the link into the bar at the top of the screen for it to work.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Here is some info on the Tri-Pollar technology which the "Stop" gadget is supposed to be the home version of. It looks pretty impressive. I can feel some lusting starting!

http://www.pollogen.com/int/Dr%20Kim's%20TriPollar%20&%20Asian%20Skin%20Wht%20Paper%20NOV%2016.pdf

I think you're going to have to copy and paste the link into the bar at the top of the screen for it to work.

It has WOW pictures too!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Exactly!

I have never heard of this TriPollar laser, have you? At first I thought it might be something like Thermage because it heats the fat deep under the skin.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Exactly!

I have never heard of this TriPollar laser, have you? At first I thought it might be something like Thermage because it heats the fat deep under the skin.

No I haven't...I am going to read the link you posted tonight, and do some more research as time permits (I started a new job that is KILLING me).

Unfortunately, I don't think they have a full body model, lol.

But if it looks good, we need to get EDS to carry it!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
It does sound like thermage but something that painful wouldn't be a home device. It is interesting that something targeting fat on the body would also be used on the face. Embarassed
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
It does sound like thermage but something that painful wouldn't be a home device. It is interesting that something targeting fat on the body would also be used on the face. Embarassed
Toby

Yes, the Apollo Laser that uses the TriPollar technology is used on the body to target cellulite but you wouldn't want fat removed from the face. The skin tightening aspect, however, is most interesting. I'm going to do some more research on this too.

Also it says in the ad that the device is used for 4 - 6 weeks. Does that mean that you stop using it after that or can you continue treatments?

And - I think I want the red one. Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Here are some more before and after pics:

http://www.stop-age.com/before-and-after.php

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
The B&As are certainly very impressive. I wonder how the heating of the deep tissue would affect facial fillers such as Resty etc.

I'm quite impressed that Selfridges and Harvey Nics are selling it. I can't imagine them wanting to be associated with anything dodgy.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:04 am      Reply with quote
After you have used it for six weeks, then what happens?

Are there going to be lots of used ones for sale and swap?!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
The B&As are certainly very impressive. I wonder how the heating of the deep tissue would affect facial fillers such as Resty etc.

I had not thought of that! Shock Very good point.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:07 am      Reply with quote
It says somewhere on the Stop site that you shouldn't use it with botox or fillers. Like catski, I'm hoping to grab one on ebay when they become more commonplace!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:49 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
It says somewhere on the Stop site that you shouldn't use it with botox or fillers. Like catski, I'm hoping to grab one on ebay when they become more commonplace!

I already have am ebay search set up, with notifications for the next 12 months, lol.

I guess I'll have to wait that long for my fillers to dissipate anyway!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
What I can't understand is, if this TriPollar laser is so effective, why haven't we heard about it in the form of salon treatments?

Also, the difference in the B&As of the under-arm fat was huge. You could see that a lot of fat had disappeared. But I wouldn't want any fat to go from my face - I'm spending a fortune in fillers getting my face plumped up! It's the lifting I desperately need.

What does everyone think about this?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:54 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
ljk wrote:
Like catski, I'm hoping to grab one on ebay when they become more commonplace!

I already have am ebay search set up, with notifications for the next 12 months, lol.

Very Happy By hook or by crook, we'll no doubt get our paws on this device sooner or later!

The body B&A's are amazing. Presumably one could use the face model on the body, too.. it would just be a bit time consuming Wink
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Stop is a radio frequency device. My understanding that it is Accent like, Accent uses radio frequency. Such devices heat underlying layers of skin, and it shrinks. I wrote about it on EDS. I had a couple of radio frequency treatments done on my thighs. The reason why I had it done because salon offered a free treatment to see if I like it, and I had nothing to lose. Suggested number of treatments between 6 - 12. I got just a couple. Aesthetician said that it works well for about 50% of the people. I am in that category, it did work. It really tightens the skin, and the results are practically immediate It is not weight reduction, but more of skin tightening.

The aesthetician said that she gives facial treatments, on different setting then for body, and people get results. Also she said that for eyes results are not long lasting.I have reservations about face. I would be worried about losing facial volume. The problem with radio frequency facial treatments was mentioned by 302 owner on 302 thread. It is difficult to control the treatments penetration depths, and while for body it is OK, it is not OK for faces.

There is another technology Refirme (mentioned by Dr. H on 302 thread as well), that is currently in salons only. It goes just a couple millimeters in depths, giving more precise control, and thus is better suited for face then radio frequency. On official Refirme web site you can enter your zip code, and it will find offices that do Refirme in your area. I have an office in my area.

So as of now I am thinking that radio frequency is better for body, and Refirme for face. Both of them are available in spas, and more or less affordable.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your info Mpstat - this laser treatment sounds very interesting to me and it was good to hear you had positive results. However, I would also be very worried about loss of facial volume. I would presume though, that with a small hand-held home-use device, penetration of the radio frequency would not be as great as a salon device therefore, making it much safer for use on the face.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Guess what....Marta actually tried and recommended the STOP gadget! Shock

http://www.truthinaging.com/2008/10/reviewed-and-recommended-stop-clinical-skin-renewal-device.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Guess what....Marta actually tried and recommended the STOP gadget! Shock

http://www.truthinaging.com/2008/10/reviewed-and-recommended-stop-clinical-skin-renewal-device.html

Thanks for posting the info - I'm lemming this very badly. I do have relatives in the UK that I could ask to purchase it for me, but it's the price that is holding me back. I wonder whether it's sold in Asia anywhere.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I would love to try this as well. My worry is the facial volume loss, do you gals think that is a risk with this product? tia. Very Happy
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:47 am      Reply with quote
bump Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:54 am      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
I would love to try this as well. My worry is the facial volume loss, do you gals think that is a risk with this product? tia. Very Happy

I think we're going to have to wait and watch for some actual user feedback before this question can be answered.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |