Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sure the Accent laser that Mpstat wrote about above is very similar in principal. I've been reading some very positive reports about that but I'm worried about fat loss in the face too.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Take a look at this:

http://www.melbournelaser.com/page/non_surgical_face_lift__skin_tightening.html

If I got this result, I'd be THRILLED. BTW, I had next to no result with Thermage. This treatment is supposed to be cheaper (it would want to be!).
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Take a look at this:

http://www.melbournelaser.com/page/non_surgical_face_lift__skin_tightening.html

If I got this result, I'd be THRILLED. BTW, I had next to no result with Thermage. This treatment is supposed to be cheaper (it would want to be!).

WOW...those are some great results!

I actually saw some similar results from people who had received an Obagi Blue Peel with multiple layers for skin tightening. However, there is at least a full week of downtime Shock and I seriously doubt that it would get rid the under-chin problem like this did.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I rang the Melbourne Laser Clinic and asked them about the Accent laser (which uses the same Tri-Polar technology as the Stop gadget. She said that you cannot use the laser if you have fillers as it will break them down. I then asked if they were getting good results and she said that "they vary from person to person". I told her that I had had Thermage and saw very little change. She then said that it also depends on the operator and what settings they use. That is way to "iffy" for me. After wasting all that money on the Thermage, I refuse to have anything else done unless I get a guarantee that it's actually going to work. Given that the Stop gadget is a small home-use version of the Accent laser, I'm not entirely convinced that it's the right way to go. However, if I did get it, I would probably just concentrate on the neck and jowl area where I have no fillers anyway.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I rang the Melbourne Laser Clinic and asked them about the Accent laser (which uses the same Tri-Polar technology as the Stop gadget. She said that you cannot use the laser if you have fillers as it will break them down. I then asked if they were getting good results and she said that "they vary from person to person". I told her that I had had Thermage and saw very little change. She then said that it also depends on the operator and what settings they use. That is way to "iffy" for me. After wasting all that money on the Thermage, I refuse to have anything else done unless I get a guarantee that it's actually going to work. Given that the Stop gadget is a small home-use version of the Accent laser, I'm not entirely convinced that it's the right way to go. However, if I did get it, I would probably just concentrate on the neck and jowl area where I have no fillers anyway.

Hmmm...after wasting a ton of money on Fraxel, I know exactly how you feel!

Have you tried Flex Effect? I am wondering if that would restore some volume for you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Considering that I have tried just about everything, you'd think that I would be right on to Flex Effect. But I just can't get my head around it (or should that be face). I use every gadget under the sun and enjoy doing that, but facial exercises leave me cold. I did try Facial Flex for a few months but thought it made my double chin worse - but I was probably just imagining it. Actually, I'm hoping that the Vaculifter will replicate what the facial exercises are supposed to be doing.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Received this promotional email today:

Hi Subscriber,
There is still time to look radiant and younger than ever for the holidays.

STOP™ clinical skin renewal device is the first to bring professional treatments out of clinics and into the home. STOP™ powered by TriPollar technology, heats the skin from the inside stimulating collagen production whereby reducing facial fine lines and wrinkles. You will see firmer, smoother skin immediately and remarkable long term benefits over a full course of treatment.

Buy STOP™ online in December and get FREE express shipping*. We now ship to more destinations (including Spain, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Singapore, S. Korea and over 150 other countries) making it easier to bring this new and innovative product into your home in time to get the affects you are looking for this holiday season.

This unique gift is a hot item on just about everyone’s wish list this year. And with this special offer it makes it that much easier to give a gift that keeps on giving well into the New Year to anyone just about anywhere…FAST!

Use Coupon Code ‘freeshipping’ during checkout to take advantage of this special offer https://www.stop-age.com/buy-now.php

Season’s Greetings and Happy Christmas,

Your STOP™ Team

So they're now shipping internationally. Anyone still interested in this?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
The thing that leaves me less than impressed is that there is a connection to thermage. My experience with thermage was NOT GOOD to say the least. Just the mention of thermage in their advertisement helps me look in the other direction and save my money Laughing Thank goodness, as I have spent a fortune.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm...I think I am going to hold off until at least June and see what feedback is shared online. My results with Ageless are promising, so I am hoping I won't need it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
The thing that leaves me less than impressed is that there is a connection to thermage. My experience with thermage was NOT GOOD to say the least. Just the mention of thermage in their advertisement helps me look in the other direction and save my money Laughing Thank goodness, as I have spent a fortune.
Toby

Yes, my thoughts exactly. I won't be lashing out on this any time soon.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Exactly!

I have never heard of this TriPollar laser, have you? At first I thought it might be something like Thermage because it heats the fat deep under the skin.

Hopefully, it would be more effective than Thermage and not cost $3,000. My hand is hovering over the mouse again Sad Darn!

ETA: Sorry, I didn't see page 2 here before adding the same sort of comment about Thermage. Actually, all the people I know who have had Thermage have been dissatisfied...but some were happy at the three-month mark and actually saw a change. However, they soon reverted to their former state. So, just like BQ, might this gadget not work well if it were used at home from time to time? Just a thought... yes you can slap my virtual hand!

I see there's one on eBay but there's a reserve and it's in the UK (140287779378 for reference). I couldn't use one as I have "filled" NL trenches.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
I see there's one on eBay but there's a reserve and it's in the UK (140287779378 for reference). I couldn't use one as I have "filled" NL trenches.

Well, that's the other drawback - you can't use it if you have fillers. So if I was to use it my face would simply melt away!

I cannot imagine that a home device would be more beneficial than a clinical one. So considering the fact that Thermage didn't deliver the results that most people wanted - I doubt very much that the Stop gadget would either.
buramiko
5% products discount

Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:37 am      Reply with quote
I bought the Stop and I think it works amazingly. Before that I heard many positive feedbacks from friends about RF salon treatments and I thought I wasn't prepared to spend that much money, given my face was not THAT wrinkled and saggy, although I still got some fine lines when I smile that I have always wanted to get rid of. I'm in mid 30s and I have dry skin. I'm also quite skinny and I'm feeling very "dried out" on the face. The skin has no elasticity at all.

Meanwhile I also bought Lightstim and tried it for a few weeks. Lightstim did make my face look plumper immediately after treatment but it seems to me it was caused by the heat rather than something that really provides a cure. Anyway, LED was not for me it didn't give me a long term effect.

So I mail orderd the Stop and tried it for 2 weeks now. The immediate result was great even with only 1 treatment. It heated up my skin and my face was blushed and plump. This plumpness lasted till the next day even after my face got cooled off. When my skin was more plump and felt more elastic, I felt much younger and the lines/folds were less significant. I totally remember the days when I was in my 20s that my face used to feel much fuller.

And it takes much less time than LED, a stop treatment only takes 15 mins as recommended. I do this once every other day and now the fine lines around my eyes got alot finer, and my nasolabial lines were not as deep. So far I'm happy with the results and I find this to be a great treatment to do right before going to dinners / parties. It gave me the glow and the plump on the face just made me at least 5 years younger. Most important of all result is instant and all I need to do now is to maintain the result.

The downside of stop is, it's sometimes quite difficult to get my face heated up to a certain temperature level. My arms get REALLY tired by moving the device in slow circular movements for up to 10 minus for the entire face. The gel that I need to apply is also slimy and sticky, making the entire treatment alot more messy than LED. BUT, I think it's worth it and I truly believe it's slowing my aging problem. Result much much better than LED I think.

BTW I don't live in USA or any countries that manufacture or sell Stop. I ordered the device from overseas and I don't work for Stop, I just want to share my experience. I love the device and I recommend people buying it rather than spending $ on LEDs.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Oh dear, I'm not quite sure I needed to hear that!

Thanks for your review Buramiko and welcome to the Forum. So did you order the Stop from their website, did it come from the UK?

I presume that you don't have any fillers in your face, is that correct? Do the instructions say not to use it with fillers? Also, being in your mid 30s, I would presume that your face does not have much sag - but do you think it would give any lifting at all.

Sorry about all the questions but it's very exciting to find someone that's actually used this device.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Buramiko have you tried using the Stop on any other part of your body?

Wondering how it does for cellulite on the thighs and butt.

Glad you're liking it as much as you do.

And welcome. Very Happy
buramiko
5% products discount

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Hey Keliu, I ordered the stop from their website and I wasn't sure where it came from.

You're right I don't have any fillers and according to the manual (or website), it says
"you should not use stop if this applies to you ....If you have permanent fillers within treatment area.
If you have temporary dermal fillers within treatment area, consult your physician before using STOP™. " so I guess it's going to "eliminate" the fillers?

And yes my face doesn't sag (according to my husband and friends who think I'm annoying for keep asking the same question) but like all other women in this planet, I'm not sure if that's true because the more I look into the mirror the more likely I could find a tiny slightly sagging spot. But even though I don't sag there was no fullness in my skin, and there are lines around my eyes.

And I tried Stop on my mother who is over 65 and her result was even more significant. My sister and mother now keep asking me to lend them the device. If you guys are interested I can do this on my mother again and post some pictures...
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:59 am      Reply with quote
buramiko wrote:
If you guys are interested I can do this on my mother again and post some pictures...

Please, please, please! That would be absolutely fantastic. Very Happy
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:15 am      Reply with quote
I'm wondering how it would differ from the Dermawand? I get glowing skin after using it, it sounds like a similar sort of treatment. Or maybe I'm being dumb.

I can see two on ebay UK at the moment..

Can't wait for the pics!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:37 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
I'm wondering how it would differ from the Dermawand?

They are two totally different devices. The Dermawand "zaps" the surface of the skin with oxygen - when placed close to the skin, it ionizes the air creating ozone. This enriched form of oxygen naturally cleanses the skin of bacteria and also deeply nourishes and conditions skin cells.

The Stop device "besides protecting the epidermis", "ensures delivery of the required energy into the deep layers of the dermis in order to heat the collagen to the optimal treatment temperature".
buramiko
5% products discount

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:44 am      Reply with quote
OK I'm going to see my mom tomorrow and I'll take some pictures. But I'm not sure how to post pictures here so I will need to figure it out.

I'm not sure what Dermawand is but Keliu is right stop is supposed to focus radio frequency into your dermal layer and tighten & stimulate collagen so the collagen layer gets thicker thru time.

And to answer Mishey's question, no I have not used it on body, it's not advertised to be used on body I think and it didn't mention a word on treating cellulite or fat. It is just meant for curing wrinkles and lines i.e. "stop age". I mean there's no harm to try but the head is quite small I can imagine the effort needed to make "constant and slow circular movements" on one butt cheek alone.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Buramiko, how amazing for you and your mom! I have filler (Radiesse) in my NL area so I couldn't use it on my face but I too am wondering if it would tighten/plump up skin on other parts of the body. I have good skin tone except in the crook of my elbows, where the skin just looks like that of someone in her 80s.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:52 am      Reply with quote
buramiko - this is a fantastic result for you and your mom! I would be interested in seeing your mom's before & after pictures.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
My biggest concern with this gadget is facial fat loss due to heating. Can you please weigh in on your experience with this too.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I think I mentioned that this would be my main concern too. I've read so many horror stories over on the other boards. I realize that for every person who has a complaint a few hundred likely don't and also that this new gadget couldn't come close to producing the energy that the Thermocool does, but it's still a concern.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
buramiko wrote:
OK I'm going to see my mom tomorrow and I'll take some pictures. But I'm not sure how to post pictures here so I will need to figure it out.

To be able to post pictures you first have to upload them to an imaging hosting website such aswww.photobucket.com

Then you simply click on the IMG Code underneath the photo and copy and paste it to Post a Reply. HTH
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |