Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:25 am      Reply with quote
11 treatments and it has been a big disappointment for me too! I think it has actually made my skin look worse - I haven't used it in a week and I am starting to look better - even my 12 year old came up to me today and said "Mom, your skin looks really good today." And she has no idea about the STOP. I am hesitant to do any more, but I probably will. I was really hoping to get rid of those upper lip lines.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I decided to pull out my pic I took prior to the first STOP treatment and compare it to a pic I took this weekend.

Unfortunately, I also see NO NOTICEABLE CHANGE after 12 treatments. Plus my skin is severely dehydrated and actually looks worse than than when I started. Sad

However, let's keep in mind that we *might* actually see some delayed results in the form of collagen generation, but that will take months to fully assess. But at this point, I cannot recommend that anyone buy this unless they happen to have $500+ to possibly just throw away.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:44 am      Reply with quote
simpleMD wrote:
14 Treatments and no results...we should ask for our money back ...I never paid so much for a piece of junk ...DISAPPOINTED!
That's why that lady Helena or whatever her name is said she doesn't want to join the forum she knew its not going to work for everyone....w/o money back guarantee this expensive piece of crap will haunt us...

I think the fact that the company offers no money back guarantee was a big red flag for me not to order. I believe that if a company knows that their products are effective and are willing to stand behind that belief then they would offer a money back guarantee.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:57 am      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
simpleMD wrote:
14 Treatments and no results...we should ask for our money back ...I never paid so much for a piece of junk ...DISAPPOINTED!
That's why that lady Helena or whatever her name is said she doesn't want to join the forum she knew its not going to work for everyone....w/o money back guarantee this expensive piece of crap will haunt us...

I think the fact that the company offers no money back guarantee was a big red flag for me not to order. I believe that if a company knows that their products are effective and are willing to stand behind that belief then they would offer a money back guarantee.

Lisa, the STOP company does offer a 30 day return policy if you buy from them directly, but Win-Health where most of us purchased does not.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:13 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
lisacollins00 wrote:
simpleMD wrote:

Lisa, the STOP company does offer a 30 day return policy if you buy from them directly, but Win-Health where most of us purchased does not.

Right, but the problem is that even if you were to buy directly from the STOP company, 30 days is not enough time to determine if there is going to be new collagen growth.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:18 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
lisacollins00 wrote:
simpleMD wrote:

I am not seeing any results as well after 10 treatments, but I intend to plug along for a bit longer. I don't think even a 30 day quarantee is fair as that's not long enough to know if it's working. IMO this toy is way over priced no matter who you purchase it from. These companies are feeding off of our vanity and know there are quite a few of us willing to plunk the $$ down. The only positive thing that has come from the STOP is it has taught me to not purchase anymore junk.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Well, this is a disappointment to read about the STOP not working for the majority of you. I am so thankful to all of you for giving honest reviews. I think you have saved a lot of people quite a bit of money.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I really hesitated to be so blunt in my assessment of the STOP, but now that I see so many of you sharing the exact same thing I don't feel so bad..

My next thought is that the only two members I can think of, that have had 'great' results, are Toby and mpstat.

Perhaps the great results are due more to the ProLight LED's (that they both use), and the collagen + skin tightening kicking in, was just coincidental to the STOP treatments..(Haven't you guys been using the LED's for just under a year?)

I have pretty much put my AALS on hold while giving the STOP a fair trial, but I am going back to it 3 times per week now... I know for a fact that the LED was responsible for increasing my collagen + thereby tightening my skin (markedly I might add!). Also, the 8 month mark was when things really kicked in... I'm thinking that is what's now happening for Toby and mpstat as well..

For those of you with $$$ still burning a hole in your pocket, go for an LED if you aren't looking for overnight miracles.

Just my 2 cents ... Smile

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy - I have been using ProLight LEDs, and most definitely benefited from those a lot. At the same time I have seen good results that I attribute to Stop only, it worked very well for me. Both ProLights and Stop have a stable place in my routines. What is interesting I got Stop originally for a couple of fine lines on my forehead (I do not have wrinkles or other fine lines), and do not see much changes in those lines, but I see skin tightening which I did not count on, and find it extremely valuable for me. I truly wish everybody would get as good results as me and Toby!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have had really good results as well. I am starting maintenance phase now.

I guess with everything your results may vary. I also use the prolight and various other gadgets as well. Very Happy
Suffragette

Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:02 am      Reply with quote
hi from another Stop lab rat. I've had mine since mid-Jan and I'm actually quite pleased with the results.I had times when I thought I had wasted my money but I kept going and glad I did.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I am into to maintenance and very pleased with my results. Mr. Toby is taking this treatment seriously, he asked last night if he could just do the treatments himself, I said go to it. wave I am so surprised because for years I have tried to get him to use moisturizers and he wasn't interested. Anyway last night he did his second treatment and seemed pleased with himself Rolling Eyes I guess this means I will need more supplies Embarassed I am going to focus on the hands and continue the maintenance track.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Suffragette and lipglossdoll,

It would be really helpful for everyone if you could share what kinds of results you are seeing. Less lines? Tightening? Both?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:56 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
What is interesting I got Stop originally for a couple of fine lines on my forehead (I do not have wrinkles or other fine lines), and do not see much changes in those lines, but I see skin tightening which I did not count on, and find it extremely valuable for me.

Mpstat, my forehead lines remain unchanged as well, though I really don't expect to see much improvement there for several months.

And while my overall pics don't show any real improvement from a tightening aspect, I do still feel that there has been some slight tightening. Hopefully it will be more obvious down the road when my weight is stable (and lower!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
mpstat wrote:
What is interesting I got Stop originally for a couple of fine lines on my forehead (I do not have wrinkles or other fine lines), and do not see much changes in those lines, but I see skin tightening which I did not count on, and find it extremely valuable for me.

Mpstat, my forehead lines remain unchanged as well, though I really don't expect to see much improvement there for several months.

And while my overall pics don't show any real improvement from a tightening aspect, I do still feel that there has been some slight tightening. Hopefully it will be more obvious down the road when my weight is stable (and lower!)

I did not have apparent sag, and assume that I have skin tightening after Stop treatments because I started looking "fresher" and younger. It is quite apparent to me, of cause comments of other people on multiple occasions confirmed it as well. I am VERY happy about my Stop RF. Hopefully once your weight stabilized you get more noticeable results.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
Hi, I have had really good results as well. I am starting maintenance phase now.

I guess with everything your results may vary. I also use the prolight and various other gadgets as well. Very Happy

Suffragette wrote:
hi from another Stop lab rat. I've had mine since mid-Jan and I'm actually quite pleased with the results.I had times when I thought I had wasted my money but I kept going and glad I did.

lipglossdoll and Suffragette -it is wonderful that you got good results!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Can you please elaborate on it!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I am into to maintenance and very pleased with my results. Mr. Toby is taking this treatment seriously, he asked last night if he could just do the treatments himself, I said go to it. wave I am so surprised because for years I have tried to get him to use moisturizers and he wasn't interested. Anyway last night he did his second treatment and seemed pleased with himself Rolling Eyes I guess this means I will need more supplies Embarassed I am going to focus on the hands and continue the maintenance track.
Toby

Good for Mr. Toby!!!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I really hesitated to be so blunt in my assessment of the STOP, but now that I see so many of you sharing the exact same thing I don't feel so bad..

My next thought is that the only two members I can think of, that have had 'great' results, are Toby and mpstat.

Perhaps the great results are due more to the ProLight LED's (that they both use), and the collagen + skin tightening kicking in, was just coincidental to the STOP treatments..(Haven't you guys been using the LED's for just under a year?)

I have pretty much put my AALS on hold while giving the STOP a fair trial, but I am going back to it 3 times per week now... I know for a fact that the LED was responsible for increasing my collagen + thereby tightening my skin (markedly I might add!). Also, the 8 month mark was when things really kicked in... I'm thinking that is what's now happening for Toby and mpstat as well..

For those of you with $$$ still burning a hole in your pocket, go for an LED if you aren't looking for overnight miracles.

Just my 2 cents ... Smile

Everyday that goes by my face is looking worse than the day before. I don't like this one bit. I think this gadget is a joke. I am stopping right now but will continue on my hands for another week. Waking up in the morning and finding that my face is literally falling is not my idea of fun. I know that there are others who are seeing results but I don't believe it's totally from the STOP. Sorry for being blunt about it but that's how I feel. Anyone wanting to buy the STOP please do as much research as you can before plunking down hundreds of dollars. The STOP IMO is worse than the Nuface because at least you had some time to use it and return it if you didn't like it. I hope and pray that anyone buying this in the future gets fantastic results because I would not like to read a repeat of my story.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
My husband uses moisturizer on his face because he swims. He doesn't know that it is TINTED!!! hee hee hee. He looks gorgeous!

(That's what he gets for not reading labels. He confiscated my lotion. Smile
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a thought for you girls who say it isn't working for you:

Perhaps you should try it on an inconspicuous part of your body-- say your inner thigh, and not remove it when the stop light goes off, but keep it on for another minute or so. Perhaps your particular skin type is harder to heat up than some others. The machine is new, so they are probably still trying to get the kinks out. Also, you might need to be careful about particular parts of your faces, like under your eyes where the skin is very thin. Perhaps you need to keep it on for less time or not at all.

I think that younger skin would be thicker than older skin, so perhaps there is some calibration necessary. I find it hard to believe that one size could fit all.

Just some troubleshooting thoughts.

Inky
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
Here is a thought for you girls who say it isn't working for you:

Perhaps you should try it on an inconspicuous part of your body-- say your inner thigh, and not remove it when the stop light goes off, but keep it on for another minute or so. Perhaps your particular skin type is harder to heat up than some others. The machine is new, so they are probably still trying to get the kinks out. Also, you might need to be careful about particular parts of your faces, like under your eyes where the skin is very thin. Perhaps you need to keep it on for less time or not at all.

I think that younger skin would be thicker than older skin, so perhaps there is some calibration necessary. I find it hard to believe that one size could fit all.

Just some troubleshooting thoughts.

Inky

I can't speak for all but if I were to leave mine in one spot for any longer than I do I would burn my face as it gets quite hot.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat, hi, an answer to your question above:

I find my fine lines around my eyes are nearly gone, skin tone improved, skin looks more plump as well. I am mid to late 30's. hths. Very Happy
Suffragette

Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Have just done session 13, yesterday so i suppose i've reached the maintenance point though might do a couple a week just to see if it gets better! As to results, well they're subtle rather than amazing GRRRR but...I had issues with so-called smile lines that radiate down onto the cheek when you smile? i think they are less obvious. Dreaded upper lip lines though still there do look a bit softer.Overall face looks plumper, smoother and less droopy especially round the mouth and under chin
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Suffragette, do you use led's or any other gadgets?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to everyone for some honest weighing in. The STOP is an expensive gadget and I know in this economic climate it's imperative to budget our beauty bucks. One of my (many) beauty resolutions of 2009 was to not give in to immediate rave reviews and to allow a gadget to stand the test of time; Time enough to weigh the pros and cons. My primary fear with the STOP was that it would have the thermage effect of "melting" fat that I've read about here and other sites.

Again thanks everyone for your very helpful reviews.
I'm glad for those of you this product worked so magically for - that's marvelous. For me - the $$$ outlay isn't worth the risk of low - no results. Guess I'm going to rely on faithful use of facial exercises to plump and raise my skin. And maybe I'll get that dermaroller finally.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |