Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Shaving for Men
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
So, who hates shaving? ME!

I know I shouldn't complain, cause you ladies "have" to shave everywhere, and that takes a long time.

I was wondering about shaving oil. Does anyone know if that results in a more comfy shave? I get a lot of irritation and razor bumps...plus it just sucks.

Also, does anyone know if buying an electric razor would help? I must remember to ask these Q's to my derm too, I keep forgetting.

Thanks everyone!

PS, I have been eyeing the Decleor Men's Skincare Gift Set for a while now...the one that includes Aromessence Homme.
Caspers Mum

Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Try the following products: Dermalogica Skin Prep Scrub (once or twice per week), Anthony Logistics Pre-Shave Oil and Shave Gel, and After-Shave Balm. Also, be sure to use a fresh blade every couple of shaves. I've heard that the Gillette Mach-3 and Mach-3 Turbo are great.

Note: both of my brothers went back to using blades, after receiving electric shavers one Christmas!
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a ton Smile

I use Mach3 right now, so I guess I won't ask for an electric razor this xmas :P

I'll make a note of the Dermalogical as well.
I tried the Anthony Logistics Shave gel and after shave, but felt the weren't that good. Especially the after shave. The gel gave me a close shave, but it stung.

Thanks again! Smile
Mabsy

Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:19 am      Reply with quote
My other half really likes King of Shaves. It's cheap and it's still better than the top end stuff that he's tried.
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Smile

I've never tried that brand before, but I always see it advertised in the European magazines I purchase.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I love it when there is a post I can help with!!

My husband does not have sensitive skin to speak of, but suffered horribly from razor rash and bumps the poor thing.

He had to give up the electric razor as the burn was awful, so I would not think that would solve your problems either.

The routine we have him on now is awesome and his skin looks fab and he never gets burn or bumps. EVER. Took just a couple weeks to get the effect.

Pre-shave step 1: Aramis Lab Series Lift Away face wash (it has scrub beads in it). He really likes this as the first shave step and is happy with aramis, but any of this kind of product should work. The scrub beads help to get rid of any dead skin before you shave, which helps make for a smoother base.

Pre-shave step 2: ** CRUCIAL STEP ** Aqua Glycolic Facial Cleanser. This is THE most awesome discovery for razor burn. Just put a moderate amount on the face and let stand for 20 seconds or so before shaving as normal (says you can also apply after shaving as a conditioning treatment, but he doesn't)

Shave cream: the one he favors for lessening bumps (and a to DIE FOR smell) is Origins shave cream. Buy the huge tub and it is not too expensive and lasts ages

Post-shave: He last used some Suisse product we got in Milan, but as I could not find it again in Japan (or on the net) he bought the Aramis Lab Series Razor Burn Relief Ultra. He really likes how it feels.

we have a sample of the Origins razor relief, but cannot get himto use it (LOL) We also hae a sample of the Declero product which I hope he will try as a post-shave oil - but sadly we dont seem to share a love of Decleor products (I think their sensitive range is awesome)

Anyway, I swear the crucial step to eliminating the razor burn is the Aqua Glycolic product and it is really cheap.. less than US$20... maybe less than $15.

Basically if you cleanse/scrub, use the Aqua Glycolic, a good shave cream with essential oils, and follow with a razor relief cream (or that Decleor oil), you should be set.

The rest of his routine when not shaving:

Cleansing: when it is not pre-shave, he uses the tea tree cleansing bar from Epiderm. He has tried about 6 cleansers this year and that is the only one he wanted repeated. He likes tea tree products, but he likes the feel of it "squeaky clean but not taught". (FYI he also tried Decleor mens, Garnier Fresh, and Murad pomegranate foaming cleanser and did not like any of them - either he did not feel cleansed or else he felt taught/dry)

Moisturizing: at the moment he is using my Epiderm Derma Butter, but his favorite -- wait for it -- is Creme de La Mer! Yes, of everything he has tried he likes it best. He had Decleor mens SOS (hated it), La Prairie (myleftover and his second fav.), Clarins mens, Garnier etc. but La Mer is what he loves. sigh.

Cheers!
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, thank you so much for the detailed post. I really appreciate it!

Off to search for those!!! Smile
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:44 am      Reply with quote
Glad to be of help!
brianzo

Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
I use Decleor Aromessence Homme shaving oil and swear by it. I switched to King of Shaves once (it's a lot cheaper and easier to buy) and it didn't come close to comparing, so I threw it out and now stick with Decleor.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:41 am      Reply with quote
Brianzo, since you brought this post back to the top, I thoght I would update on what my DH does now - especially since he too is addicted to the Decleor Aromessence Homme oil

Step 1: he now does pre-shave scrub using Decleor cleansing scrub

Step 2: we no longer can get Aquaglycolic and he hated the Anthony glycolic cleanser I got him.. and then, thanks to carekate, he discovered Jason pre-shave oil (Decleor is too expensive to use BOTH pre- and post-shave). He is changing that to the Art of Shaving lavender pre-shave soon.

Step 3: Currently using Decleor shave cream, but he finds it a bit too thin. Origins is still his fave, but he is about to give The Art of Shaving one a go (in lavender), since we cannot get the huge size origins one anymore.

Step 4: Decleor Aromessence Homme - he LOVES this oil post shave and it is very soothing

Step 5: Decleor after-shave balm, but in the summer heat this is a bit heavy so he has Art of Shaving lavender after-shave balm (more like a lotion).

Oh, and in the 2004 post I mentioned he did not like Decleor mens cleanser - but that should have read CLARINS. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:47 am      Reply with quote
try peter thomas roth shaving stuff.
Guppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Tiger_tim what does your dh use now?

Looking for products for men.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |