Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

As promised...... LIMONCELLO RECIPE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
This is a lovely italian drink and very easy to make. Truly orgasmic Razz

You need:

12 lemons
1 bottle of Everclear Pure Grain Alcohol
Sun Tea Jar

Wash your lemons, then peel. You are using the peel, so make sure you don't peel so deep you get the white stuff with the peel. Put peels in sun tea jar and pour the bottle of Everclear over them. Put on cap, shake and put in a dark closet for a few weeks.

After 2-3 weeks, take a peel out and bend it. If it cracks, it's ready. If not, let is steep another week. When the peel cracks you are ready.

Now you need:
2 pints distilled water
3 cups sugar

Warm your water, add sugar. Bring to boil and boil until sugar is completely dissolved. If it doesn't completely dissolve, your drink will be gritty. After sugar is dissolved, cool water to room temp.

Now strain your alcohol thru coffee filters. Again, if you don't strain until clear, your drink will have "floaties".

Add your liquor to the sugar water and shake. I keep this in the freezer.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Sounds good and time consuming. Can I not just buy a bottle of it ready made?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Probably easier for you to purchase than me loops. I always bring back a bunch of the stuff when I go to Italy but it's hard to find in the U.S. and when you DO find it, it tends to be totally overpriced - especially the way we drink it in the summertime!

It really is VERY easy to make. Whenever lemons go on sale, I make lots of it. Yummmmmmmmmm.
steph2039
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Probably easier for you to purchase than me loops. I always bring back a bunch of the stuff when I go to Italy but it's hard to find in the U.S. and when you DO find it, it tends to be totally overpriced - especially the way we drink it in the summertime!

It really is VERY easy to make. Whenever lemons go on sale, I make lots of it. Yummmmmmmmmm.

Is it truly possible for something that is orgasmic to be overpriced Smile Sorry, it was just kind of hanging out there waiting to be said.

Stephanie
steph2039
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 11:54 am      Reply with quote
On a more serious note. It does sound like an easy recipe that I'm sure I'll be trying it soon. Thanks for the recipe.

Stephanie
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
steph2039 wrote:

Is it truly possible for something that is orgasmic to be overpriced Smile Sorry, it was just kind of hanging out there waiting to be said.

Stephanie

Hell yeah! The BEST orgasms are free Cool
steph2039
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
steph2039 wrote:

Stephanie

Hell yeah! The BEST orgasms are free Cool

Well, I guess that means my next business venture needs to investing in lemon groves Smile

Stephanie
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, katee. I just finished the bottle of limoncello we bought a year ago in Italy and was wondering whether we'd find it at the state liquor store. Now I don't have to.
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Katee!

It sounds delicious, especially for summer!

This may be a silly question, but do you think it'd turn out if I made a lime version? I'm a lime junkie Cool in the summer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 4:14 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
This is a lovely italian drink and very easy to make. Truly orgasmic Razz

You need:

12 lemons
1 bottle of Everclear Pure Grain Alcohol
Sun Tea Jar

Wash your lemons, then peel. You are using the peel, so make sure you don't peel so deep you get the white stuff with the peel. Put peels in sun tea jar and pour the bottle of Everclear over them. Put on cap, shake and put in a dark closet for a few weeks.

After 2-3 weeks, take a peel out and bend it. If it cracks, it's ready. If not, let is steep another week. When the peel cracks you are ready.

Now you need:
2 pints distilled water
3 cups sugar

Warm your water, add sugar. Bring to boil and boil until sugar is completely dissolved. If it doesn't completely dissolve, your drink will be gritty. After sugar is dissolved, cool water to room temp.

Now strain your alcohol thru coffee filters. Again, if you don't strain until clear, your drink will have "floaties".

Add your liquor to the sugar water and shake. I keep this in the freezer.

I make this too and find organic lemons (Myer/Meyer) if you can get them are the BEST. Those are the ones used in Italy where the drink originates.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
heathercolorado wrote:
Thanks Katee!

It sounds delicious, especially for summer!

This may be a silly question, but do you think it'd turn out if I made a lime version? I'm a lime junkie Cool in the summer.

Not silly at all heather! I love lime too and have made a lime version. It comes out really yummy!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Limoncello is lovely poured over fresh berries or stone fruit like peaches or nectarines. Yummm...
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Great recipe katee, thanks! EverClear, huh! so that's why I'm blitzed all day, I thought it was just wine!!!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
katee, what size bottle of Everclear do you need to purchase? Also, what is the hangover remedy for this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
katee, what size bottle of Everclear do you need to purchase? Also, what is the hangover remedy for this?

Ummmmmm it only comes in one size!!! I just point and say "gimme dat pleez" Laughing .

I'm honestly not sure. Looks like a wine bottle, so that would be 750ml...

As for the hangover remedy... I'm not sure why it is (Chew Toy thinks I may be an alien), but I don't get hangovers. Not ever. Very Happy
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
DH got into some of that stuff about six months ago. Poor baby, he was in really bad shape - knocked his lights out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Yummmmm!! Thanks, Katee!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
How long is "a few weeks". my sister and I are are renting a beach house May 26-June 2. If I made this today, would it be ready by then??

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Rule of thumb: 2-3 weeks. When the lemon peel cracks, it's ready.
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 12:08 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
salli wrote:

Ummmmmm it only comes in one size!!! I just point and say "gimme dat pleez" Laughing .

I'm honestly not sure. Looks like a wine bottle, so that would be 750ml...

As for the hangover remedy... I'm not sure why it is (Chew Toy thinks I may be an alien), but I don't get hangovers. Not ever. Very Happy

Hi Katee!

Wow! Neither do I! Even after an entire night of Tequila!

Of course, I might not be in the mood for a 6am jog, but other than needing to catch up on sleep missed due to the late-night fun which accompanied the excessive alcohol consumption, I've never felt any ill effects.

Here's a link for those who DO get hangovers with a few interesting ideas:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangover

P.S. Everclear is often used for fire breathing and fire eating!

5% products discount

Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds so delicious! Even tho it is officially Fall it is still in the 90's here so I'm going to buy the ingredients and get a batch concocting. It will be great refreshment at the lake.
Thanks for sharing!
NL

Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
THANK YOU!

This stuff is to kill for. My Sicilian "daughter" has promised to send me this recipe for 3 years. I have 2 lemon trees in my grove...the ground usually is covered with unused lemons. This is a great use for them!

Everclear Pure Grain Alcohol is carried in almost every liquor store. They may look at you funny, like a confirmed alcoholic, grin. It's not as hard as it sounds.

I've saved the peels for a friend fond of martinis...

NL Razz
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2012 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I haven't made this in ages. Now the sun is shining I think I should make some.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2012 8:54 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:

It sounds good, I use Evercleer instead of Vodka in my DIY potions, it is what I call Legal Moonshine! Laughing

I do get the looks when I purchase it at the liquor store! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2012 9:13 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
loopylori wrote:

It sounds good, I use Evercleer instead of Vodka in my DIY potions, it is what I call Legal Moonshine! Laughing

I do get the looks when I purchase it at the liquor store! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Laughing

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |