Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

anti-aging purifying mask for blackheads
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have combination mature (52 yr old) skin that very rarely breaks out but I noticed today that I had blackheads (only about 5 but it freaked me out) on my nose & chin. Also, I know that they aren't blackheads (gross word) but my large pores look clogged too. I obviously need something to use in between my facials. Basically, I think that what I'm asking for is an anti-aging purifying masque (clay?) to lose the blackheads!! Any suggestions?
Caspers Mum

Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
A few products to consider: MD Formulations Cleanser with Glycolic Acid (daily), and use either Phytomer Gommage or Sothys Desquacreme (once per week). The daily exfoliation of the Glycolic Cleanser will help refine the skin, as well as stimulating cellular turnover. The Gommage or Desquacreme will deeply-cleanse the skin, helping alleviate the congestion that your skin is experiencing.
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Epidermx will help get rid of blackheads. You can use it as a treatment 2/3x a week and more gentle as a scrub everynite.

A gal I work with uses it and she told me it got rid of her blackheads.

There is also Origins charcoal mask and for drugstore - Queen Helene's Mint Julip mask. hth

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:18 am      Reply with quote
Thank You Smile I think that I will try a glycolic cleanser (probably have one in my "collection" of cleansers already!). I do exfoliate if not every day then every other day with a "collection" of exfoliators. I'll concentrate more on my problem areas. And then, I'll get a clay-type mask. The last that I used was Darphin so if there isn't any left, I'll get another. Maybe Dr H or Yonka (I tried the Yonka in my younger years). It seems to me that my aesthetician said that I could combine the Darphin clay mask with a firming mask -presto - anti aging. It has got me thinking that the fact that being a skincare junkie means that I likely have a sample or a bottle of almost anything I need on hand at any given time Laughing Laughing Laughing Not such a bad thing after all!!!
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
It seems to me that my aesthetician said that I could combine the Darphin clay mask with a firming mask -presto - anti aging. It has got me thinking that the fact that being a skincare junkie means that I likely have a sample or a bottle of almost anything I need on hand at any given time Laughing Laughing Laughing Not such a bad thing after all!!!

Leslie....

You can combine the ES firming masque you're already using with the clay masque and walah! Instant Beauty! Wink You'll be looking like a "movie stah" Cool. Since the firming masque is used 2 to 3 times a week, normally, you could use the clay masque on alternate nights. That's pretty intense, timewise, so you might want to do the firming masque only 1 to 2 times a week.

Don't know about you, but if I did all the things I think my face and body need, it would be a full time job! Shock

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Have read on another board that some users swear by something called "Bioclear" to get rid of blackheads. I think it is a mix of azelaic acid and salicylic acid...Personally, tonight while watching debates did a salicylic mask (just Neutrogena). Hopefully, will see some improvement....
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:55 am      Reply with quote
All great sugggestions - thank you as always. And what a good idea to mix the clay mask with the Esther's Secret. I just found my Yonka Clay Mask 103 & my Eve Lom Rescue Mask - both already in my beauty "equipment" closet -so I'm off to try that this morning. (Big dinner party tonight mmmmmm...)
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't it great to have a "stash" of products to use at various times. Sometimes I buy things and for whatever reason stop using it and later forget all about it. It's like finding treasure when I come across it again. Surprised

Naturally, in using products we've had for a while, we do need to pay attention to expiration dates, etc. Although some products might not do harm used after the exp. date, it's possible that they might not work as effectively though.

Guess we all need to do a little "cleaning out" from time to time. I'm a real pack-rat when it comes to beauty/haircare products. Rolling Eyes

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
On the subject of blackheads. I find that sometimes it's my state of stress, or state of health that causes blackheads to appear. If I've been traveling a lot as I have lately, I often suffer from irregularity and I find that skin problems go right along with that. Most of the time I don't have them; but this past week, I can't really see them, but can feel the bumps on my nose.

Co-incidentally, my hairdresser and I had a conversation about thinning hair and stress. She could definitely confirm that my hair has thinned somewhat since she last saw me. Good news is that I've got brand new growth, so it was evidentally a temporary condition.

I hate to tell this on myself, but I think I know the real reason for the thinning hair. I use bio-identical hormone creams. One is Bi-Est with two forms of estrogen and progesterone and the other is Testosterone. AT first they were packaging both preparations in syringes that looked exactly alike. That is, until I told them that one month I dropped both packages and they fell out together. I just made some arbitrary decisions about which was which and kept trucking. I believe it was that month that my hair on my head started thinning and I got extra hair growth on my legs.

Now, they package the two preparations in totally different syringes. They say it's not because of just me, but I suspect they lie. Embarassed

JUDY

Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:37 am      Reply with quote
I think the Bioclear that Betterat40 mentioned might be the Jan Marini Bioglycolic Bioclear Lotion. I've recently got this after hearing really good reports about it. I would also suggest the MD Formulation Clearing Complex Masque just on the affected areas. And my nickname wouldn't be Mabsy if I didn't mention that starting to use the Dr H Cleansing Cream got rid of my blackheads (which I was not expecting to happen at all) Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |