Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Heavy perspiration
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lifecoach
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:06 am      Reply with quote
Is their anything I can buy for someone who perspires alot underarm? (me!)

i have worked myway through most of the anti-persperents and deoderants, but to no avail Sad
sahmisme
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Certain dri is the best thing I've found. It's harsh though so it might irritate sensitive skin. I made the mistake of using it right after shaving and I had to wash it off. Eventually I just stopped having any sweat and what's nice is you put it on in the evening, and in the morning you can shower and not put anything under your arms. There is a morning refresher though (scented) that I use now rather than using it in the evening.

http://www.certaindri.com/Pages/CD_Home
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I know this is going to sound really drastic, but I have a friend who has hyperhydrosis (fancy name for "sweats a lot") - and she ended up getting Botox injections under her arms.

She said it worked miracles...

Don't know if you want to go that route - but thought I'd mention that it's an option.

(Of course, I asked her if it took out her underarm wrinkles too! Laughing )
lifecoach
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
BOTOX taobunny?

I might just have to investigate this.

In the meantime, i will try certaindri.

Thanks guys
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Here's a link:

http://www.botoxseveresweating.com/

I don't know about you - but CertainDri sounds like a good option. I'd rather go the low tech (and cheaper!) method... Wink
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Having Botox injected into the armpits to stop sweating is very popular with celebrities - that's why Sharon Stone came up with the ridiculous idea of having her little boy's feet injected with Botox, because he had perspiring, smelly feet!

It is supposed to be extremely effective and something to be considered if you perspire allot.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Have you talked to your derm about getting a prescription deo? My sister and I both use one and it helps a lot!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I am in the UK. By Derm I suppose you mean dermatologist? I suppose I could go to my doctor..
Cocosammi
5% products discount

Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Secret Clinical Strength yet? Cost around $10 USD, it is fantastic!
fitmama
5% products discount

Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I actually know someone who had there sweat glands removed... I know... drastic... but she was destroying her clothes! and was constantly soaked... for just standing there...

It was an awful procedure... I'm not sure she'd do it again, except for the fact that it worked...

I'd look into the botox first...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
iv kinda given up on this...i have this problem on my feet and hands apprently i read on google the problem is called plantar and palmar hyperhydrosis.......i have also read that people have used botox to treat this.

but it isnt always effective nor it is actually a solution for this problem it just happened to have worked for some. And with botox you have to get it done after some months, i mean its not like its a permanant thing u can do once and thats it. I dont want to do botox or any surgical procedures. Cause the side effects are something i dont want to do through.

I was looking into some solution you could apply on the area and it stop the problem like for day time would be could. But now m thinking if i stop the problem in this location then it will cause it to occur in another location....could be underarms for me.
Cause afterall the body has to get rid of the excess water somehow......and say if i stop this in the feet then it will get rid (start sweating in under arms......

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't worry too much about whether treating heavy sweating of one area of the body will just make you sweat more somewhere else. If your body needs to get rid of water, it has a pretty effective alternative mechanism via the kidneys!
Kat ~<3
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:02 am      Reply with quote
I get like that when I drink too much caffeine. It really makes me break an embarrassing sweat. So I've tried many deodorants and have to say DOVE was the worst for me. I think having the lotion in it or something I'm not sure. However I recently bought Soft'n'Dri with Power-Stripe. AMAZING! I can drink my caffeine and I'm good to go. I like the scents too. Not too perfumey more fresh than a lot of other deodorants now a days. Well good luck! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Great topic. For me it does not matter if it is freezing outside, I sweat. I have tried everything (I mean topical) including Certain Dri and it did not work at all. I have resorted to sticking to dark color clothing, BLACK, because you can not see when I sweat. It is embarrassing, and sometimes, when I am in the office I have to wear a jacket, to cover up my wet armpits. I asked my doctor, he did not seem to think it was a problem. He says sometimes people sweat. I would love a solution, deos just don't work for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
Great topic. For me it does not matter if it is freezing outside, I sweat. I have tried everything (I mean topical) including Certain Dri and it did not work at all. I have resorted to sticking to dark color clothing, BLACK, because you can not see when I sweat. It is embarrassing, and sometimes, when I am in the office I have to wear a jacket, to cover up my wet armpits. I asked my doctor, he did not seem to think it was a problem. He says sometimes people sweat. I would love a solution, deos just don't work for me.

Botox shots to the armpits stop sweating. This is what all the celebrities have prior to the Oscars! If you have a real problem with sweating why not give it a try.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Gezz, shots in my armpits is just not something that sounds fun! I think I will pass, and just wear black

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
Gezz, shots in my armpits is just not something that sounds fun! I think I will pass, and just wear black

It does sound totally ridiculous but for those with dire perspiration problems it's supposed to be a simple solution.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:17 am      Reply with quote
When deodorant just doesn't cut it, at least this help to protect your clothes from the dreaded wet stains.. Embarassed

http://www.armpitperspiration.com/quickshields.html

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:38 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
When deodorant just doesn't cut it, at least this help to protect your clothes from the dreaded wet stains.. Embarassed

http://www.armpitperspiration.com/quickshields.html

OMG Kassy, that brings back memories for me. When I was 16 my very best friend in the whole world insisted that I do this deportment/modelling course with her. We sat there whilst this incredibly snooty woman demonstrated the armpit pads - which were to be worn whenever going to the city (along with your gloves and stockings). Of course, I just hooted with laughter - I was in the middle of my hippie phase. Needless to say, I did not graduate from the deportment school with flying colours! Very Happy
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:45 am      Reply with quote
lifecoach wrote:
I am in the UK. By Derm I suppose you mean dermatologist? I suppose I could go to my doctor..

Lifecoach, you can get someone to do the botox injections in the uk without asking your doc... I think almost everywhere that does botox offers the sweating injection as an option. Whereabouts are you in GB?

LL

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |