Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
hello to melasma friends!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ezduzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
ok Bethany sounds good I will wait for your reviews. I wish you luck with this.
Sylvia
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
ezduzit wrote:
ok Bethany sounds good I will wait for your reviews. I wish you luck with this.
Sylvia

Thanks...I'll keep you posted!

Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
I remember telling my sister that I could not imagine anyone who did not have a pressing cosmetic or medical issue undergoing the Obagi process, as it was so unsightly and so painful. If I had not experienced increasing numbers of melasma patches on my face, I never would have done it, based on cost alone. In fact, when my doctor first suggested Obagi, I had just one large patch, and I figured I could have it lasered for far less than it would cost to maintain an ongoing Obagi regimen.

Once I realized that these patches were popping up more frequently and would continue to do so, it was the only motivating factor that helped me begin and stick with the program. Vanity, vanity, lol. The nice extra benefit was that it also helped my thyroid-disease-triggered acne, which was my original reason for seeing a dermatologist. I no longer use the Zania prescription and I no longer have the breakouts at all. It was very strange to have acne again in mid life!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI on the VISIA analysis that I did today...it looks like I saw some definite improvement in my pigmentation, so I will be continuing on my pigmentation eradication plan!

bethany wrote:
I had to go back to the derm today, and while I was there I requested that they do another VISIA and lower my age by 10 years as I had suggested earlier in this thread (they couldn't manage to do it with the previous picture, sigh)

My scores: 9/18 (42 y/o) vs 10/27 (32 y/o)

- Fine lines and wrinkles - 99% at 42 (67% at 32)
- Hyperpigmentation (age/dark spots) - 73% at 42 (92% at 32)
- Enlarged pores - 97% at 42 (96% at 32)
- Texture (skin smoothness) - 85% at 42 (96% at 32)
- Porphyrins (evidence of bacterial growth) - 16 at 42 (4 at 32) counted in the designated area
- Sun damage (UV spots) - 105 at 42 (98 at 32) counted in the designated area

A couple of comments:

- Fine lines and wrinkles - this category dropped by 32%. I expected a decrease because I am comparing myself to a 32 y/o woman. However, I happen to have a black eye today on that side from the derm appt on Friday, and the machine picked that up as wrinkles in that area due to the receding swelling. The derm told me that I would have scored higher without the black eye since that was the only area with wrinkles marked, so I still don't have a new wrinkles number to compare myself against, darn it. Sad

- I did want to point out the significant improvements in both Hyperpigmentation (up 19%) and Texture (up 11%)...even though I am NOW comparing myself to someone that is 10 years younger! I also had a decrease in actual UV spots counted. WOO HOO!!!

I attribute 100% of these changes to both the ZO Skin Health products that I have been using since 9/8, and the 2 weeks that I recently did on Obagi Nu Derm (and yes, I will be going back for MORE!).

Needless to say, I am very much looking forward to seeing my results in 6 months (around late March). I will be doing them at both 42 and 32 at that point in time, and will share the results then.

Ok...I need to go run and slather myself with some more products! Very Happy

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30842

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
BTW, I got my Vivite' Vibrance (aka VV) today.

I am now out of my ZO Growth Factor Serum, so I think I will start using the VV once a day in the morning, and rotate it with the Obagi Clear which I will only be using 2x a week to start with.

I will continue with my ZO products at night, except when I am using the Nu Derm Blender/RA 2x a week.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Glad to hear you got your VV good luck hope it works. Keep us updated!!! Very Happy
Oh almost forgot to ask you where did you order it from ??
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
ezduzit wrote:
Glad to hear you got your VV good luck hope it works. Keep us updated!!! Very Happy
Oh almost forgot to ask you where did you order it from ??

I got it on ebay!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone!

Bethany - glad to hear that your redness is going away. Poor thing! (The things we do to ourselves in the name of beauty, huh?) Congratulations on your impressive VISIA results. (I need to research that further - so that I can understand just *how* impressive they really are!) Laughing

Anyway - just thought I'd check in with all the other Nu Derm users. Tomorrow will be Day 6 (I think?) and so far, I am now understanding that "vigorous exfoliation" is kind of an understatement! I feel sort of like some over-achieving snake - as I'm shedding more layers of skin than I thought I even *had* available to shed! (Sorry for the gross analogy.)

The past few days seem to have been the worst - and things are calming down now (hopefully). I swear, I would wake up in the morning and be peeling. That would settle down after a morning shower - and, by the evening, I'd be peeling again! (But, oddly enough - not on my neck at all - though I'm applying it there too - as directed.)

My husband looked at my very red face on Saturday and asked me if I had been out in the sun. When I told him it was a new facial treatment I was trying - he did a doubletake and asked me "You did this to your face on purpose??? Ohhhhkkkkayyyy...." (But, good husband that he is - he of course, then backtracked and said "But, uh, I mean - I think you're beautiful without any beauty treatments..." LOL

I did cheat, though - because last night we had dinner plans with friends. I skipped the morning routine, loaded up on Dermabase all day - and put on MMU to cover up the monkey red face... I didn't want them to think I'd been drinking all day before we went out! Embarassed

I don't know about the rest of you ladies, but I think I'm peeling more on Obagi than I ever did after Fraxel!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Impressive results, Bethany. I will look forward to your March results!

taobunny, you sound to be doing great on the Nu Derm. I think you will have great results!

I am starting week 5 and I hate to tell you but I am still flaking! Just like you, I wake up in the morning with the flakes, after washing I am fine, and then the flakes are there again in the afternoon. My neck is also flaking, as I am using it there, as well. Just an FYI taobunny, if you have a planned event, you can stop the products for a few days prior to your event so your flaking will stop, and then start right up again afterwards.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
taobunny wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Bethany - glad to hear that your redness is going away. Poor thing! (The things we do to ourselves in the name of beauty, huh?) Congratulations on your impressive VISIA results. (I need to research that further - so that I can understand just *how* impressive they really are!) Laughing

From the percentage standpoint, the 99% fine line/wrinkle score means that 99% of 42 y/o fair skinned caucasian women have MORE wrinkles than me. So I am in the top 1% of my group. But my pigmentation scores needed some improvement, darn it...but it looks like I am on my way!

It sounds like you are doing GREAT on Nu Derm...at least you didn't have to quit like me, lol. I agree with Riley...it sounds like you will have great results. I am VERY jealous!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Impressive results, Bethany. I will look forward to your March results!

taobunny, you sound to be doing great on the Nu Derm. I think you will have great results!

I am starting week 5 and I hate to tell you but I am still flaking! Just like you, I wake up in the morning with the flakes, after washing I am fine, and then the flakes are there again in the afternoon. My neck is also flaking, as I am using it there, as well.

I think ZO and Obagi are really your products of choice...have you offically given up the search??

I have...I plan on staying the course with what I have right now through March. I think the ZO, the Nu Derm, and the VV are more than enough for me to juggle. (and my 302 for dermarolling, of course)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I think ZO and Obagi are really your products of choice...have you offically given up the search??

I have...I plan on staying the course with what I have right now through March. I think the ZO, the Nu Derm, and the VV are more than enough for me to juggle. (and my 302 for dermarolling, of course)

Yes, I have finally given up my search! I will be sticking with Nu Derm and ZO. I think these 2 lines are just meant for me. I know I haven't gotten results with other lines, and I do get major results with Obagi!
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
taobunny, you sound to be doing great on the Nu Derm. I think you will have great results! ... Just like you, I wake up in the morning with the flakes, after washing I am fine, and then the flakes are there again in the afternoon. My neck is also flaking, as I am using it there, as well. Just an FYI taobunny, if you have a planned event, you can stop the products for a few days prior to your event so your flaking will stop, and then start right up again afterwards.

Thanks so much, Rileygirl I'm hopeful about the Obagi - it's having such an effect on the skin - that it seems like all the other expensive stuff I've tried in the past was just placebo-like! Thanks also for the "planned event" tip. I may definitely use that in the future - esp. with the holidays coming up... (Hmmm, maybe I'll be the one *behind* the video camera this year!)

bethany wrote:

From the percentage standpoint, the 99% fine line/wrinkle score means that 99% of 42 y/o fair skinned caucasian women have MORE wrinkles than me. So I am in the top 1% of my group. But my pigmentation scores needed some improvement, darn it...but it looks like I am on my way!

It sounds like you are doing GREAT on Nu Derm...at least you didn't have to quit like me, lol. I agree with Riley...it sounds like you will have great results. I am VERY jealous!

Wow, Bethany - that *is* impressive! It must feel really good to get confirmation that what you're doing is really working for you. (I'd be tempted to do the VISIA - but then might get all depressed if I'm not in the percentile I want to be in!) LOL

As for the Nu Derm - it's been quite an adventure so far. It's nice to hear from you both that the progress (thus far) looks good. I certainly didn't expect to get quite so substantial a reaction off of "just topicals" - but it must mean that something is going on in the skin! I would be so thrilled if my hyperpigmentation issues cleared up. You have no idea how many lotions/potions/quack remedies I've tried over the years to fix it. (And, dang, if it works like I'm hoping it will - I'm going to be so mad that I spent $$$ on Fraxel - when Obagi was there all along... I could have gone on a really nice vacation!) Laughing
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
taobunny wrote:
And, dang, if it works like I'm hoping it will - I'm going to be so mad that I spent $$$ on Fraxel - when Obagi was there all along... I could have gone on a really nice vacation! Laughing

I am right there with you...I could have had a darn nice piece of jewelry, or a chinoiserie secretary, or a bunch of darn things with that $3,500 I WASTED on Fraxel. Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
taobunny, I think you will be amazed at your skin in 18 weeks. Obagi works, if used the correct way! I am looking forward to hearing your journey on Nu Derm!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

Yes, I have finally given up my search! I will be sticking with Nu Derm and ZO. I think these 2 lines are just meant for me. I know I haven't gotten results with other lines, and I do get major results with Obagi!

When I think of how much I have wasted on trying various products over the last 12 months, I am VERY glad that I am not married and having to explain all of these expenditures! Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I am right there with you...I could have had a darn nice piece of jewelry, or a chinoiserie secretary, or a bunch of darn things with that $3,500 I WASTED on Fraxel. Mad

Ah, well, if it makes you feel better - I know of at least one person who WASTED more money than that on Fraxel... Wink

Rileygirl - Here's hoping! I've been carefully following all the advice I've learned here - as well as on the links that you (at least I *think* it was you) provided on another thread. I'll keep posting back on my results. (I thought briefly of taking pictures and posting them as I go along - but pictures taken in the mirror just don't come out right and don't show the issues well. Plus, I'm kinda shy - so that might not work either...) Maybe I can just stick my face in the flatbed scanner and scan the parts of my face that have the melasma and wrinkles!

Laughing
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

When I think of how much I have wasted on trying various products over the last 12 months, I am VERY glad that I am not married and having to explain all of these expenditures! Embarassed

LOL - I explain it like this to my hubby:

"Dear, it would be a LOT more expensive for me to be buying crack. Which would you prefer??"
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I know, it is really sickening to think about!

And, I don't explain it. What he doesn't know won't hurt me! Very Happy

Taobunny, I really suggest you do take pics. You don't have to share them here on the forum, but take them for yourself. You will get to a point when you think nothing is happening (meaning no further improvement in your skin), but with the pics you can compare and see how far you have come. It really does help!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Vivite' Vibrance today...it's pretty nice!

It is packaged in the same type container as the ZO Oclipse sunscreen, which is great for any kind of travel because the spout swivels up and down when you turn the lid.

The product itself is yellow, thin, and stung just a tiny bit in certain areas when I put it on. But it was very lightweight, and would not be noticeable under makeup at all. I can see where this would also layer nicely under the Nu Derm products as we have seen mentioned on a couple of blogs.

I put it under my ZO Daily Power Defense, but I guess I had better check with the ZO experts to make sure they are compatible. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, I am looking forward to see what this product does for you. How often will you be using it, once or twice a day?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Bethany, I am looking forward to see what this product does for you. How often will you be using it, once or twice a day?

Just once a day. And I will not use it on the days that I use the Obagi products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
So, are you alternating the VV and the Obagi then? Tell us your plans to knock out the pigmentation! Very Happy
ezduzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,
So are you using it all over your face or just on the spots?? Hope it works wonders cause I really need a wonder potion!!
Lot's of luck.
Sylvia Wink
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
So, are you alternating the VV and the Obagi then? Tell us your plans to knock out the pigmentation! Very Happy

ezduzit wrote:
Bethany,
So are you using it all over your face or just on the spots?? Hope it works wonders cause I really need a wonder potion!!
Lot's of luck.
Sylvia Wink

At this point I am planning on:

- Using the ZO products 5 days a week, and using the Vivite in the morning all over my face and chest since my pigmention is so diffuse instead of concentrated in one area. (I am only doing the Vivite every other day until next Monday just to assess the irritation level)

- The other 2 days I will do the Obagi Clear in the morning, and the Blender/RA in the evening. (I am not starting this until next week though)

- Once I feel I can, I am going to add the Vi Derm Bleaching Cream Rx over my ZO products at night (can you tell I am trying to use things up?)

- Eventually I will work on increasing the frequency of the Obagi, and possibly add the Vivite under the Clear since they are compatible.

But I just need to take it slowly and not change anything until I am sure that the current level isn't causing excessive irritation...my goal is to get to a manageable level of stimulation, without grossly overdoing it.

How does that sound? Very Happy

Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |