Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

hello to melasma friends!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
ezduzit wrote:
Thanks for the responses. I did see 2 derm's and one gave me Finacea and said hopefully that would help. I didn't do much. And the other one just said that the only thing that would help is Tri-Luma. I'm afraid honestly to try the Tri-luma since I had a bad experience with the Obagi. I don't know if I should give the Obagi another try or try the Tri-luma. I really don't want it to get worse than it is. I just want it to go away!!! Crying or Very sad

I tried Tri-Luma for 6 months...it was a total waste of time for me. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:58 am      Reply with quote
ezduzit wrote:
Thanks for the responses. I did see 2 derm's and one gave me Finacea and said hopefully that would help. I didn't do much. And the other one just said that the only thing that would help is Tri-Luma. I'm afraid honestly to try the Tri-luma since I had a bad experience with the Obagi. I don't know if I should give the Obagi another try or try the Tri-luma. I really don't want it to get worse than it is. I just want it to go away!!! Crying or Very sad

ezduzit, did you follow the entire Nu Derm protocol (meaning did you use every product, and did you use the correct amount of each product,)? Did you just use the Nu Derm, or did you add products in?

All of this is very important in getting the desired results with Nu Derm. You can not use partial products, not use the products every day, or use less product than is recommended, and expect to get good results.

You also need to make sure that you use the Nu Derm daily for the entire 18 weeks. Also, some need to do another cycle with the Nu Derm after 18 weeks. Not everyone's skin is the same and sometimes a person takes longer than "standard" to get the good results. I would see a derm again and at least discuss the Nu Derm with them and get their opinion. Hope that helps!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Just a quick update...I look much less red today! I think the combination of dermarolling on Sunday and starting Nu Derm really did me in. Embarassed Fortunately, I will not be rolling again for a least a month.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, did not make it back in time to edit my last post. What I did want to reiterate to everyone is the fact that if you decide to use Nu Derm, once you have completed your cycle, you must continue on maintenance or your skin will slowly revert back to how it was prior to using Nu Derm. I see ZOskinhealth touched on this, as well. I also see both of us did not continue on maintenance, and we are both now going through the Nu Derm process all over again! So, take it from those who have "gone before you" so to speak, and if you are going to use Nu Derm, use it correctly, and plan to continue on maintenance!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Sorry, did not make it back in time to edit my last post. What I did want to reiterate to everyone is the fact that if you decide to use Nu Derm, once you have completed your cycle, you must continue on maintenance or your skin will slowly revert back to how it was prior to using Nu Derm. I see ZOskinhealth touched on this, as well. I also see both of us did not continue on maintenance, and we are both now going through the Nu Derm process all over again! So, take it from those who have "gone before you" so to speak, and if you are going to use Nu Derm, use it correctly, and plan to continue on maintenance!

What exactly IS the maintenance routine? I want to be able to follow that, but also use my ZO products.

Is that possible?

5% products discount

Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, all and also Septembergirl, for some reason I only saw your message now about DianeP'S improvement on the skin. Still getting the hang of this wonderful forum. Wow, so now there's also this product. So much to choose from. Gives me hope though. Good.And also, would any of you be able to tell if this is MSM supplements are beneficial?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
What exactly IS the maintenance routine? I want to be able to follow that, but also use my ZO products.

Is that possible?

Bethany, yes, it is definitely possible. That is also my plan to use ZO along with the Nu Derm maintenance.

Maintenance for Nu Derm is usually 2-3 times a week of Exfoderm, alternated with 2-3 times a week of Clear (meaning use them on opposite days) in your morning routine. At night, the Retin A/Blender is used anywhere from 2-5 times a week. That one is usually more individual, as some people can maintain on less and others need more to keep the hyperpigmentation at bay. You will just have to play around and see what works. My thought would be to start with the minimum amount and see how you do, then adjust from there.
ezduzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all!!
I did do the Nuderm to the T and used all the products as I was supposed to. Unfortunely it darkened my upperlip worse but everything else lightned up. I don't understand why?? I don't know what to do next honestly. I just feel terrible looking in the mirror and seeing my reflection with the dark pigmentation on my upperlip. Crying or Very sad The worst part is that I work around women all day and none of them have any of the same problems I do!!
I feel so ugly Confused Well thanks for letting me vent a bit!!!
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
clinty wrote:
Hey, all and also Septembergirl, for some reason I only saw your message now about DianeP'S improvement on the skin. Still getting the hang of this wonderful forum. Wow, so now there's also this product. So much to choose from. Gives me hope though. Good.And also, would any of you be able to tell if this is MSM supplements are beneficial?

For melasma, you have to take a high dose of MSM (with vit. C). Generally around the order of 8000 mg and might be as high as 15,000 mg per day (divided up into 3 doses at that level). Yes, that's a really high dose. It works for some people, in any case, it is not harmful and also has benefits for building collagen in the skin and joints so you might give it a try building up the dose slowly. I have downloaded an article about using MSM for melasma which I can email to you if you PM me with your email address.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
ezduzit wrote:
Hello all!!
I did do the Nuderm to the T and used all the products as I was supposed to. Unfortunely it darkened my upperlip worse but everything else lightned up. I don't understand why?? I don't know what to do next honestly. I just feel terrible looking in the mirror and seeing my reflection with the dark pigmentation on my upperlip. Crying or Very sad The worst part is that I work around women all day and none of them have any of the same problems I do!!
I feel so ugly Confused Well thanks for letting me vent a bit!!!

Ezduzit, I am so sorry you are feeling so badly about yourself. I will bet that it is not nearly as noticeable to others as much as it is to you. We are always our own worst critics!

I can't tell you why the nu derm did not work on the upper lip area, other than to say maybe that area just needed more time to lighten up? I hope you will see another derm and discuss your options with them. I really hope you find something that works for you.
ezduzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Rileygirl!!! I honestly can't pinpoint what went wrong!!! I appreciate your sympathy!! Now I must find a fix, I can't stand to be like this any longer!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
ezduzit wrote:
Thank you Rileygirl!!! I honestly can't pinpoint what went wrong!!! I appreciate your sympathy!! Now I must find a fix, I can't stand to be like this any longer!!

EZ - Hang in there!

Did you do the last program with a dermatologist, or on your own? I am wondering what the derm might have had to say about your reaction.

Do you think that you could have sweated off the suscreen you were using or something? When I sweat, the first place it appears on my face is my upper lip.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently HQ can interact with peroxide based products...this could cause a problem for anyone bleaching the hair on their upper lip, or treating acne with BP.

Quote:
If you are planning on using hydroquinone topical then you need to ensure that you do not take it with benzoyl peroxide, hydrogen peroxide and many other types of peroxide products. If you somehow use these products together, then a temporary dark staining of the skin may occur. If you somehow use hydroquinone topical with products that include peroxide, then you need to wash your skin with soap and water, before staining sets in.

http://www.hydroquinone-information.com/info/

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Dumb question...I am supposed to be putting Vit C on before my Clear, right?

I am using the serum version of 302 - the Lightening for Hands and Decollete...does this look ok?

Quote:
lightening: décolleté & handA light lotion formula incorporating an acid-free, stable form of Vitamin C, tetrahexydecyl ascorbate (THDCA), that delivers itself without rapid degradation or skin irritation as often occurs with pure ascorbic acid when applied topically.

IngredientsExtracts from certified organic plants: german chamomile, lemon balm, lavender and green tea; kosher glycerine, phyto-lipids of avocado, organic jojoba oil, cellulose polymer, camphor, lavender oil, C12-15 ammonium alkyl acrylates, methylisothiazolinone

http://www.302skincare.com/products_decollete.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Dumb question...I am supposed to be putting Vit C on before my Clear, right?

I am using the serum version of 302 - the Lightening for Hands and Decollete...does this look ok?

Quote:
lightening: décolleté & handA light lotion formula incorporating an acid-free, stable form of Vitamin C, tetrahexydecyl ascorbate (THDCA), that delivers itself without rapid degradation or skin irritation as often occurs with pure ascorbic acid when applied topically.

IngredientsExtracts from certified organic plants: german chamomile, lemon balm, lavender and green tea; kosher glycerine, phyto-lipids of avocado, organic jojoba oil, cellulose polymer, camphor, lavender oil, C12-15 ammonium alkyl acrylates, methylisothiazolinone

http://www.302skincare.com/products_decollete.html

I hope ZOSkinhealth will come look at this for you Bethany. I, personally, think no, mostly because of the oils in the serum. I think it may be too "moisturizing", but I really am not sure!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I hope ZOSkinhealth will come look at this for you Bethany. I, personally, think no, mostly because of the oils in the serum. I think it may be too "moisturizing", but I really am not sure!

Drat....they are very low concentration, but you are probably right. I guess the good news is that I have been forgetting to use it!

Which one are you using? I just found the recommended Obagi Professional C, but I don't know if I should get the 10% or 15% (20% might do me in).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Right now I am using my skinceuticals C, E, Ferulic before the Clear in the morning. I want to get the Obagi professional C at 20% (you know I have the croc hide skin!). Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Right now I am using my skinceuticals C, E, Ferulic before the Clear in the morning. I want to get the Obagi professional C at 20% (you know I have the croc hide skin!). Very Happy

I just knew you would want (or already be using) the 20%, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

I just knew you would want (or already be using) the 20%, lol.

I just ordered the Obagi Professional-C Serum 15%. I was going to get the 10%, but noticed that it was not water-based, and was actually more moisturizing than the 15% or 20%. I figured I would get spanked for that, so I went with the 15%. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I just ordered the Obagi Professional-C Serum 15%. I was going to get the 10%, but noticed that it was not water-based, and was actually more moisturizing than the 15% or 20%. I figured I would get spanked for that, so I went with the 15%. Very Happy

Lucky girl! I have to wait a while before I order the Professional C! Let me know how you like the 15%. Very Happy
travelynn

Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
You gals here are so kind and so supportive, I wish you lived near me, lol.

Bethany, good for you for going for it! I wanted to try the sensitive skin routine too, but I read that the more you try to mitigate the process, the longer it will be. My skin is sensitive to everything, including fragrance, so I was hesitant, but I decided just to get it over with as quickly as possible. Really, the first 2 weeks were the only really bad part. I love the "stock the fridge and lock the door" advice, lol! Perfect.

Ezduzit, bless your heart, as someone else said, we ARE our own worst critics. Even though I had success using Obagi for acne and melasma, my thyroid is still swollen and I am always comparing my fat neck to other people's normal necks. Everybody has their body issues, you are far from alone.

One thing my derm's assitant mentioned was how important it was to avoid the sun as much as possible during the NuDerm process especially. I know, I know, lol. I wear a hat when I'm working in the yard, two kinds of Obagi sunscreen, wrap around sunglasses, and I only garden after 4 p.m. now, outside of peak sun hours. I feel like a mummy, but oh well. It's the price to be paid for overdoing it in the sun when I was younger.

Even if it means wearing a little straw visor or something to keep the sun away from you lip, maybe that might help (?) When I mentioned my quick results to my derm asst. on the phone, she said wow, I must really be staying out of the sun, so I guess it can really affect results. Maybe we should all carry around parasols and bring them back in style Wink
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
travelynn wrote:
Bethany, good for you for going for it! I wanted to try the sensitive skin routine too, but I read that the more you try to mitigate the process, the longer it will be.

Donna and Riley talked me into just going for it, so I am not doing the Sensitive (ie Wuss) Protocol anymore, sigh. And you are right...that drags it out to at least 24 weeks!

I stay out of the sun as much as possible, even though I live in FL (which is hard). I even have those Eddie Bauer sunscreens that cling to your car window from Target (2 for $4!). And if I am outside for more than 5-10 mins, I always wear SPF 85 and a big Coolibar hat. I also have those hideous arm/hand sleeves from Coolibar, lol.

I have been doing this since I was 23 (I am 42 now), and it has paid off...the 18 weeks of Nu Derm and using ZO for maintenance should bring me to as close to skin perfection as a 42 y/o woman can get. Now I just have to get through the 18 weeks AND lose 30lbs! THEN I will finally be happy with myself. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Last night was my 3rd day of RA in a row, now that I have left the sensitive program in the dust...yikes!! Shock I woke up this morning and my face was very irritated and VERY red. Even my eyelids were swollen, though I didn't put any product there.

But the good news is that my neck and chest were equally red since I rolled there last night. So at least my body parts matched in color, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I would really, really, really like to drench my dry face in emu oil at the moment, sigh. But I can't. Sad

And I also can't use the Nu Derm Action moisturizer because it stings. That must be how they limit your usage of it, since it suppresses your benefits...who wants to use something that feels like you are pouring on acid?

Maybe I'll just take a shower and then pile on some more Nu Derm stuff a little earlier than usual...sometimes I actually feel a little better after I slather on all the Clear, Blender, and RA.

Or maybe I'll go do something other than read a skincare board so that I am distracted. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, don't give up on NuDerm, even though your skin is dry and irritated. Because if you'll do, then I'll quit the regimen too, and we'll BOTH have to deal with the thought of losing 30 lbs.

Or, we could try to lose weight AND do the NuDerm thing at the same time. For 18 weeks, that's only 1.6 lbs a week.

(this is becoming increasingly depressing...)

Anyhow, here's the answer on Vitamin C. Apply it first, then wait three minutes before applying Clear. (but do you really need to apply anything else to your skin right now?)

Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |