Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone else addicted to HBO's True Blood?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you who haven't watched or who don't have HBO, True Blood is a new show about a girl falling for a vampire. It sounds really hackneyed and honestly, I tuned in expecting it to be really lame, but it has quickly become my favorite show! Even DH loves it. I find myself really looking forward to Sunday nights now because this show is just so engaging. I've heard people call it "Twilight for adults," but I think it beats the pants off of Twilight. Is anyone else addicted?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I love this show too! So far I have watched the first and second episodes, missed a couple (stupid PVR didn't tape) and then watched the fifth I think. I still have a couple to go to catch up, hopefully today because I'm home sick. Sad I am also a big Supernatural fan. I just like that type of show.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I love True Blood! It being in Sopranos old time slot makes me feel nostalgic. Laughing

Who do you think is the killer? I figure it has to be someone we already know. I'm leaning toward Sam because there's definitely some things we don't know about him yet. The weird noises Sookie hears when she listens to his thoughts, barking in his sleep, that weird thing he did when he rolled around on the bed of the murdered girl...
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:06 am      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
I love True Blood! It being in Sopranos old time slot makes me feel nostalgic. Laughing

Who do you think is the killer? I figure it has to be someone we already know. I'm leaning toward Sam because there's definitely some things we don't know about him yet. The weird noises Sookie hears when she listens to his thoughts, barking in his sleep, that weird thing he did when he rolled around on the bed of the murdered girl...

Sam seriously creeps me out! I can't believe Tara is sleeping with him!!! As for the killer, I just don't know. I suspect Sam, but I almost wonder if they are just making it *look* like it's him to throw us off the scent, you know? I don't think it's Jason Stackhouse--- he's a bumbler and a moron, but I don't think he's a murderer. Needless to say, I'm sure looking forward to finding out! I read online that HBO has already signed a contract for a second season, YES!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I'm all caught up now, and I was going to ask if it explained Sam's weirdness in one of the shows I missed, but I guess not. I'm not sure who the killer is. I'm guessing Sam also because I would think if it was someone else that Sookie would have heard it in their thoughts but since Sam is hard to read. But Liz may be right, that they are just trying to make us think it is him.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, I was thinking they're just trying to make it look like Sam, and he'll come out a good guy in the end.

I'd hate to think Bill is the killer.

Usually, I'm pretty good at figuring out who did it, but the way they're revealing the plot points keeps me guessing! Good show.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:02 am      Reply with quote
HUGE fan. Liz, we always seem to watch the same shows! Laughing

Sam's a werewolf. That's my hunch. Next, they'll be introducing the mummy... Laughing He bothers me greatly...

I am so addicted to the show and neve thought I would be - HBO keeps reeling me in - watched every season of SATC, Rome, Sopranos, Six Feet Under - at least the first few seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm - never got into Entourage or Deadwood or a few others -

Did ya'll know that Sookie and Bill are a real life couple? They have great chemistry - wonder when we're going to see the vampire who made him a vampire make an appearance...

Love the show!

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I'm digging True Blood.

I like Sam, but I'm pretty sure he's that dog they keep showing and not a wolf at all. Does that make him a dogman? Wink

I think the killer might be the sheriff, the deputy, or Tara's demon mom.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I missed the last one-- haven't had a chance to watch it on demand. But I knew Sam was the dog! I think he is now a good guy. I think the 'bad guy' is going to be the girl Jason is seeing... forgot her name. The vampire blood stealer. I don't like her.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I love this show! I think the "bad guy" may turn out to be the "nice Mama's Boy". The overbearing mother would drive anyone insane. Anyways, it's an interesting show.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone picked up the novels yet, by Charlaine Harris? I started reading them a couple weeks ago, and I'm on #5 already. There's at least 8 of them. They're sort of addictive. Last night I was reading and reading and all of a sudden it was 2am. Whoops.

Anna Paquin really nailed the character of Sookie Stackhouse right down to her mannerisms. They also got Bill spot on.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
Has anyone picked up the novels yet, by Charlaine Harris? I started reading them a couple weeks ago, and I'm on #5 already. There's at least 8 of them. They're sort of addictive. Last night I was reading and reading and all of a sudden it was 2am. Whoops.

Anna Paquin really nailed the character of Sookie Stackhouse right down to her mannerisms. They also got Bill spot on.

Oh ho ho, how could I resist? I mean, I need something to tide me over til season 2. Seriously guys? I have to wait until summer??? (BTW, was that season finale incredible or what? I was on the edge of my couch screaming and shouting at the TV, LOL. "No Bill!!! Don't do it!!!!!")

Anyways, yes, I'm reading the novels although I'm still on the first one. I'm fighting an internal struggle right now because I don't know if I want to ruin the surprises of season 2 or not. What's a girl to do? Violetanne, is season 1 confined to the first book? Or is there some overlap?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
violetanne wrote:

Oh ho ho, how could I resist? I mean, I need something to tide me over til season 2. Seriously guys? I have to wait until summer??? (BTW, was that season finale incredible or what? I was on the edge of my couch screaming and shouting at the TV, LOL. "No Bill!!! Don't do it!!!!!")

Anyways, yes, I'm reading the novels although I'm still on the first one. I'm fighting an internal struggle right now because I don't know if I want to ruin the surprises of season 2 or not. What's a girl to do? Violetanne, is season 1 confined to the first book? Or is there some overlap?

No overlap, really. I wouldn't worry too much about spoiling it, because TV does change stuff the way they do to make things move along faster. Like the character Tara, who doesn't really show up until book #2, and isn't a main character until #5, and is absolutley NOTHING like the TV Tara. That whole Tara/Sam, Tara being possessed is totally not in the books. So I think the books are different enough that you'll be all right spoiler wise. I don't want to ruin it for you, but Dead Until Dark's ending doesn't follow how the show ended.

I'm actually interested to see what they'll do next season, whether they'll follow the time line of the books, or sort of mix it up. Because the books, chronologically, are basically weeks apart in Sookie's world.
Leniny
5% products discount

Mon May 04, 2009 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I can't believe I'm hooked on this - never watch TV at all. It's so trashy, I love it!!
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
I think the new season is starting tonight. I can't wait. I like HBO's series better than the books. It's so spicy! (to say the least)
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really looking forward to this starting on FX here in the UK next month. I loved Buffy and have never really got into a TV show in the same way since. I've enjoyed the Tudors and Gossip Girl though.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
It's back! I still love this show. Now I have to ask. Eric or Bill?
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:31 am      Reply with quote
OMG!! I LOVEEEEEEE True Blood!! I think Eric is way better then Bill. I wish guys were like those vampires..... most guys these days are little wimps that don't know how to dazzle women with charm. It's ridiculous! They need to take some pointers from these vampires....lol!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Ps. Tudors rock too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:22 am      Reply with quote
The new season has started in the US? Great news! I hope it won't be too long before we see it in the UK.

We've only just recently seen the end of season 2. We were way behind you in getting season 1, though.

I guess I'm hooked, too.

And my answer is, without a doubt, Eric! Laughing
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Eric or jason stackhouse? hehe

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:40 am      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
Eric or jason stackhouse? hehe

I just keep getting images of the actor who played him in the Aussie soap "Home and Away" in my head whenever I see Jason Stackhouse. It puts me right off!
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:41 am      Reply with quote
It was so funny in the last episode when sookie said "I keep waiting for Bill to walk through the door and say: sookie"
and she says it with that 'intense' funny tone that bill always does. Laughing
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have to admit that I am terribly addicted to True Blood! I hid this * spam alert * as a dirty secret until the other day I was at the nurses' station and people started talking about it and it seemed everyone's watching it as well!! My residents looked at me in a weird way though Laughing

The weird thing is that my poor husband (who is the most conservative person I know) HATES the fact that I watch it and thinks that the show is nothing short of satanic with all that sex and curse words!!

I recommended the show to my parents and now they're addicted to it. My mom told me that these past weeks they've done nothing but rent and watch the previous seasons!

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Towards the end of the first season I was actually kinda annoyed by all the sex scenes. Just felt like it was a bit too much.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |