Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Lumigan for eyelash growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I am trying different products to try to jump start eyelash growth again and I remember reading something about lumigan and ordering it on the net...does anyone know that link or old post?Thanks
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I got it from alldaychemist.com
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Do you find this to work?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat: how do you use it and how soon to see results? It sure looks inexpensive 12.75 USD compared to 200 for Jan Marini. is there an expiration date and have you compared JM or other eyelash growth products to lumigan?Thanks
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Lumigan
February 2010 - expiration date
3 ml - volume
0.03% bimatoprost ophthalmic solution.

Age Intervention Eyelash Conditioner
I have Age Intervention Eyelash Conditioner by Jan Marini. It is the formula before Marini Lash.
5.68 ml - volume

Application
I already was using Jan Marini Eye Lash Conditioner when I got Lumigan, and had long lashes by that time. Now I use them on alternate days, e.g. one day Lumigan, next day Jan Marini Eye Lash Conditioner.

When I added Lumigan my lashes got even longer, so I am pretty much positive that Lumigan works on its own too, and enhanced my lashes even more. I started noticing results after a couple months into treatment, and pretty good results after three months.

I store Lumigan in a transparent lip gloss tube that I got from LotionCrafters, and apply with a tiny synthetic artist brush that I got from an art supply store.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
ok. I have started to use the old JM formula since marini lash didnt work and I will add the lumigan too to see if I get significant growth.Thanks.
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
I use Lumigan -- works great for me. I just keep it by the bed and put one drop in the palm of my hand. Swipe it across my lashes with my finger.

My only complaint is I can't see when I'm going to run out. (I'm sure the opaque bottle is good for the contents.) I intend to order more from alldaychemist, but I want to order TWO because of the high shipping, and I see no expiration date on mine. Maybe I need to look harder.

Mild irritation. But since my eyes are closed (really, since I am ASLEEP), nothing to worry about.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:47 am      Reply with quote
yes I almost choked when I realized they charged $2400 shipping for a small $12 bottle!I should have ordered 2 but its too late now!
eyeddicted

Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have both the Jan Marini original formula and some Revitalash. They both seem to work, when I remember to use them regularly. I was wondering about this lumagin that you talk about? Is this the eye drops that the products are based on? Also, has anyone noticed a change in their eye color from this. I have hazel eyes which are a light golden/green color and don't want to change them. I stopped using both the revitalash and the jan marini when I heard of that side effect.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
eyeddicted - change of eye color is a major concern as being Lumigan side effects. I did not notice any color changes neither for iris, not eye whites.

My eye color is light brown, if all of a sudden it gets darker, I would not be terrified, but of cause for those with blue eyes it might not be welcome at all. Also my eye whites have slight bluish tint to them. None of them have been changed. I need to say that I am careful when applying Lumigan, that is why I got a small artist brush that allows precise application.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Also use Lumigan from All Day Chemist and have experienced no problems, nor any side effects. My lashes got really long, maybe 30-40% longer, after about two weeks of nightly application (I used the brush from my old RevitaLash tube).

I have dark brown eyes, so I don't care about them getting darker or browner Smile

5% products discount

Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Lumigan for about 4 months and my eyelashes are about 45-50% longer than they were originally but I purchased my lumigan from Dr. Klein at skin1 com so I paid $150 for a 1.5ml bottle! I was wondering if anyone knows where I could purchase lumigan for a legit price and from somewhere that's not sketchy. Any suggestions besides Alldaychemist?
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
A_anna wrote:
I've been using Lumigan for about 4 months and my eyelashes are about 45-50% longer than they were originally but I purchased my lumigan from Dr. Klein at skin1 com so I paid $150 for a 1.5ml bottle! I was wondering if anyone knows where I could purchase lumigan for a legit price and from somewhere that's not sketchy. Any suggestions besides Alldaychemist?

Alldaychemist is legitimate and not at all sketchy. I've ordered from them a number of times and never had any problems. All the items I ordered were authentic and fresh.

Another place to look at is In House Pharmacy. It also has good service and legit items.

If you're sketched out by ordering Rx stuff online, then you should just stick to getting it from your doctor.

5% products discount

Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Nijey wrote:
A_anna wrote:

Alldaychemist is legitimate and not at all sketchy. I've ordered from them a number of times and never had any problems. All the items I ordered were authentic and fresh.

Another place to look at is In House Pharmacy. It also has good service and legit items.

If you're sketched out by ordering Rx stuff online, then you should just stick to getting it from your doctor.

Hi Nijey, thanks for the response. I just had a question that you may or may not be able to help me with. I'm going through the motions of ordering lumigan from alldaychemist and I have to choose between 3 different types of "lumigan" to purchase it; the first says "Similar in Composition to: Lumigan", the second says "Our Brand: Lumigan", and the last says "Generic Bimatroprost". I would like to order the brand name drug, Lumigan if possible. The site includes some kind of explanation as to the 3 options of Lumigan but I'm not sure I understand it. Do you remember choosing between the 3? And if so, which one did you purchase? Thanks!
FitFifty
5% products discount

Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:39 am      Reply with quote
I believe there's only one choice, as whether you click Lumigan as the "equivalent brand" for USA/Canada, or bimatoprost under "generic", it still comes up as Lumigan at $12.76. I received the real deal, Lumigan in an Allergan bottle.
The shipping is very expensive, so it pays to stock up and order whatever other items you need at the same time. Retin-A, for example, is dirt cheap, and always goes on my order.
As to the eye color change, the increase in iris pigmentation was experienced by fewer than 3% of glaucoma patients, all of whom were applying the drops directly into their eyes. The chance of this happening when you're just putting the stuff on your lash line has to be miniscule. Between Revitalash and Lumigan (which I bought after RV was "reformulated"), I've been using bimatoprost for over a year with no darkening of my hazel eyes. I will say it took over a month to really see results, but my lashes got noticably longer & fuller. I'm now applying just every other day for maintenance.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
FitFifty wrote:
I believe there's only one choice, as whether you click Lumigan as the "equivalent brand" for USA/Canada, or bimatoprost under "generic", it still comes up as Lumigan at $12.76. I received the real deal, Lumigan in an Allergan bottle.
The shipping is very expensive, so it pays to stock up and order whatever other items you need at the same time. Retin-A, for example, is dirt cheap, and always goes on my order.
As to the eye color change, the increase in iris pigmentation was experienced by fewer than 3% of glaucoma patients, all of whom were applying the drops directly into their eyes. The chance of this happening when you're just putting the stuff on your lash line has to be miniscule. Between Revitalash and Lumigan (which I bought after RV was "reformulated"), I've been using bimatoprost for over a year with no darkening of my hazel eyes. I will say it took over a month to really see results, but my lashes got noticably longer & fuller. I'm now applying just every other day for maintenance.

Agree with everything FitFifty said. I think all the versions offered are the same--Lumigan is just bimatoprost.

5% products discount

Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Did you guys pay with a credit card?
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
A_anna wrote:

I've used them quite a few times for my retin a and lumigan orders and have paid by credit card. Never had any problems.
bettybooplovesmakeup
5% products discount

Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
FitFifty wrote:

FitFifty, about how long does your bottle of Lumigan last? I'm thinking of ordering some from AllDayChemist. Thanks!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
finally got my order today from alldaychemist.... I ordered it from Canada...came from India in a weird canvas wrapper. I realized the prescription must have been from an Indian dr....It was lumigan by Allergan the real deal.I used my Jan Marini lash brush to dip it and put a thin line on. Do you put it on top of lashes or on the bottom or both?
A_anna
5% products discount

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
How long did it take you guys to get your orders from Alldaychemist?? 2 weeks? A month?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
It was easily two weeks when I first ordered from them.
Thanks everyone for another item to put on my list when I order from All Day chemist again.

Lumigan and Retin A /...Any other suggestions:...
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I just got my order from Allday and it took less than 2 weeks.I got the Lumigan and Retin A gel. Very fast and loved the little handsewn fabric box. No spam either !! Very happy with the whole thing. I used a prepaid Visa card.
HTH
bettybooplovesmakeup
5% products discount

Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
A_anna wrote:

I used Paypal plug-in to create a one-time use card.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:24 am      Reply with quote
I paid with a credit card.It took 2 weeks BUT it arrived sooner.....it was waiting at the post office for me after about a week or so.I should have ordered at least 3 bottles since shipping is $24.The bottle is tiny and even though it was properly sealed the bottle only appears 1/2 full although I am sure it should last a long time since you dont need a lot.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |