Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Lumigan for eyelash growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ruby2zdy

Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
migi wrote:
@ wenrwdy: ....
I just started to use Lilash for my lashes every night 1 week ago. I`m so excited! I have my 30th birthday at the end of May so I hope I will have long lashes till then

Just wanted to let you know that I use Lilash (6 months) on lashes & brows and it works great! Very Happy Sometimes I'll even get an eyelash that's freakishly long & have to cut it back! The Lilash began to work in two weeks. I don't mean I woke up one morning & suddenly had a full lid of eyelashes, but I could see this one area where I was missing 3-4 lashes filling in & by the end of the 3rd week there was no doubt that my eyelashes were fuller & longer.

I kinda slacked off, using it only twice a week, and I can see the difference -- eyelashes are thinner. Now I've gone back to pretty much every day.

Good luck to you. Dancing
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:58 am      Reply with quote
goodbyekitty wrote:
I have been applying it with a q-tip, in a thin line as close to my eyelash roots as I can. I hope I am getting it right...
I only started it 10 days ago

How did you remove the peach fuzz? I hope I don't get that Confused Was it quite noticeable?

Q-tips are MUCH too large - and you will be wasting tons of product doing it that way! If you can't get a real, thin, brush, at the very least use a standard plastic toothpick instead. (Yes, a toothpick, not those small dental brushes) There is no way I would even consider using a Q-tip - it just isn't precise enough. The solution dries nicely on the skin, sure, but the chemicals inside it transfers through the skin and start growing hair in surrounding areas. So be careful!

The fuzz, I ended up tweezing it off the second I saw it, and I immediately adjusted my routine so I was much more careful and used less product from then on. I also stopped applying it to my lower lashes. The hair will not continue to grow if you stop "feeding" it, so it would eventually have fallen out by itself anyway, but it looked so gross I didn't want to wait for it to fall out by itself and so I just tweezed it.

Seriously, get a real brush. A Q-tip is no way to apply this product. Even the brushes that come in the Latisse kit are too bulky and useless. That's why people in the know get rid of them on Ebay and keep the solution. You really want something super thin.
Lenniemi
5% products discount

Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:16 am      Reply with quote
Been using it for a week now ( no results yet which is normal I think) but on my eyelid I see a few very very small hairs growing in dark ( and my natural eyelash color is very light blonde, unvisible to be honest) could that be a sign that it will eventually work on all my eyelash hairs?
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Lenniemi wrote:
Been using it for a week now ( no results yet which is normal I think) but on my eyelid I see a few very very small hairs growing in dark ( and my natural eyelash color is very light blonde, unvisible to be honest) could that be a sign that it will eventually work on all my eyelash hairs?

Yes, but it will be a few months before you have the optimum results. I doubt that you will have any actual improvement before week 10 or so - but it's well worth waiting for!
Lenniemi
5% products discount

Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I will be patient, that's for sure, it's just not fun waiting in doubt: will it work? will my lashes grow dark, fuller, longer?

Sometimes you read comments of people saying: I've been using it for 2 weeks and my blonde lashes are dark, long and full. I'm like: after only 2 weeks? I really thought it would take longer...

PS: before applying it: is it best to put a drop on your finger, take a small pencil and then dipping it. I always have the feeling that you need lots of liquid to make it work.
Metaphora
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Don't waste product by squirting it onto your fingers.

Take the lid of the Lumigan/Latisse, invert it, and squirt ONE droplet of the liquid inside the lid - into the bottom of the inverted lid - it will function as a little "cup" for the liquid and this way none of it will be wasted or absorbed where it shouldn't - and it will be kept sterile.

Then stick your clean, dry, very fine-tipped eyeliner brush into the liquid and transfer it to your lash line.

I've been able to use one droplet of liquid to cover both my upper and lower lash lines and my eyebrows, for weeks. Lately (probably because my lashes have gotten a bit fuller and are soaking up more liquid, or because my liner brush isn't as fine as it should be, or both) I've begun using two droplets - one for the right and one for the left lashline/eyebrow.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:28 am      Reply with quote
Metaphora wrote:
Don't waste product by squirting it onto your fingers.

Take the lid of the Lumigan/Latisse, invert it, and squirt ONE droplet of the liquid inside the lid - into the bottom of the inverted lid - it will function as a little "cup" for the liquid and this way none of it will be wasted or absorbed where it shouldn't - and it will be kept sterile.

Then stick your clean, dry, very fine-tipped eyeliner brush into the liquid and transfer it to your lash line.

Finally a word of reason. I agree 100% Although by now, after 4 months, I has mastered the art of placing one drop directly onto my brush tip - which I don't recommend unless you have a very steady hand. Either way, there is no point in using too much product.

Also, remember that the bottle isn't even half full when you receive it. It actually only contains 3 ml. solution. So you have less to play with than you think. Don't waste it.
goodbyekitty
5% products discount

Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Q-tips are MUCH too large - and you will be wasting tons of product doing it that way! If you can't get a real, thin, brush, at the very least use a standard plastic toothpick instead. (Yes, a toothpick, not those small dental brushes) There is no way I would even consider using a Q-tip - it just isn't precise enough. The solution dries nicely on the skin, sure, but the chemicals inside it transfers through the skin and start growing hair in surrounding areas. So be careful!

Thanks for the advice! Smile I will go out and buy a thin eyeliner brush tomorrow...
I have never applied eyeliner with a brush so when other people were mentioning they used this to apply the lumigan I thought a q-tip would be equivalent...I am glad I found out before I had hair all over my eyelides Razz
CaZZy

Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
hello eyelashers!!!

Im new here! been reading this thread almost everyday and Im convinced to try lumigan. I bought lumigan/allergan in a pharmacy last night that cost me $47...

I have short eyelashes and I am so happy to hear about bimatropost

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
goodbyekitty wrote:

Thanks for the advice! Smile I will go out and buy a thin eyeliner brush tomorrow...
I have never applied eyeliner with a brush so when other people were mentioning they used this to apply the lumigan I thought a q-tip would be equivalent...I am glad I found out before I had hair all over my eyelides Razz

Your best bet (and less expensive, too), is to hit up one of those Arts&crafts stores. That's what professional make-up artists do when they realize the art supply stores sell perfect brushes to use with make-up, but for much less money than what they charge at places like MAC.

They have the best selection (hundreds, if not thousands of different paint brushes), so it's easy to get the finest one possible. And they cost very little; a dollar or two.

Try getting one with acrylic hair instead of mink hair (plastic hair doesn't suck up and waste the liquid).
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:33 am      Reply with quote
go to michaels I got about 4 eyeliner brushes(craft brushes) for $5. This is what I plan to do about lumigan in light of all the potential side effects.I will use it every other night and dilute it about 50% with distilled water.One night I will put a tiny bit of olive oil on lids and eyelids and massage and the next night I will use the diluted lumigan.You need very little lumigan for it to work....the original Jan Marini eye lash intervention did not have that much lumigan in it and it worked fabulously.
Lenniemi
5% products discount

Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:49 am      Reply with quote
I've been avoiding contact with my eyes for a few days but my eyes remain very red. Does it take time to go away or is there anything I could do about it? I tried eyedrops called visine, in normal circumstances they work tremendously but this time around they hardly work.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Mine were red the first couple of days, but now they are fine. I tried backing off to every other day and then went back to every day once I got used to it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:51 am      Reply with quote
has anyone tried both lumigan and rapid lash?
if so, which did you prefer?
CaZZy

Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:30 am      Reply with quote
So having red eyes for the 1st couple of days of using lumigan is just a normal reaction? coz this is my 2nd day of using it and my eyes are red. My mom asked me what has happened to my eyes..

5% products discount

Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:25 am      Reply with quote
It is my 10th day but the 3th or 4th that I don't I use it with a brush so maybe I'll have to get used to it.
No results yet but I think that's normal after less than 2 weeks.
Lenniemi
5% products discount

Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:25 am      Reply with quote
It is my 10th day but the 3th or 4th that I don't I use it with a brush so maybe I'll have to get used to it.
No results yet but I think that's normal after less than 2 weeks.
ruby2zdy

Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
go to michaels I got about 4 eyeliner brushes(craft brushes) for $5. This is what I plan to do about lumigan in light of all the potential side effects.I will use it every other night and dilute it about 50% with distilled water.One night I will put a tiny bit of olive oil on lids and eyelids and massage and the next night I will use the diluted lumigan.You need very little lumigan for it to work....the original Jan Marini eye lash intervention did not have that much lumigan in it and it worked fabulously.

In light of the side effects of Lumigan , why not use LiLash, which is easy on the eyes (I do get reddish upper eyelids, but I figure that's due to increased circulation). I cover up the red with coverup. I know LiLash is a lot more expensive, but I think it's worth it, and, as I said earlier, after you've got your "lidful" of eyelashes, you can cut it down to every other day, maybe even every 3rd day, which reduces the cost considerably. Very Happy Plus it has the perfect brush.
Face4ward
5% products discount

Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Lucyluc......you are one smart DIY'er. FINALLY, the voice of reason. Your method of application is perfect, and you understand precisely what I tried to explain in a previous post about the Marini product. Anyone using this drug would do well to copy your protocol.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
thanks, I didnt want to change products because I know this product works....just have to tweak things a little,got my lashes exactly where I want them now,did not want to change products because there arent many things that really work despite what everyone says.
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
If you guys want your brushes even cheaper, here is a coupon for 50% off at Michael's: http://clhousingpictures.com/images/q333rayuug2w051meie3.png
migi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Oh sorry, I just read your post now...
I´m now using Lumigan (I put more and more some drops into the Lilash tube). Its really such a pity that I haven´t taken any pictures before. But I can say for sure that my lashes have grown (not like in the Latisse before-after photos though). But I can now use any cheap mascara now with already a huge effect (and I don´t have to put on so much like before) - I don´t adore my husbands lashes anymore (before I did) - and I just used lash perm on my lashes (´which I do by myself) and have to use the biggest roll. Now with the perm they look even longer! I use Lumigan only in the mornings...I think I will cut back to every other day...

ruby2zdy wrote:
migi wrote:
@ wenrwdy: ....
I just started to use Lilash for my lashes every night 1 week ago. I`m so excited! I have my 30th birthday at the end of May so I hope I will have long lashes till then

Just wanted to let you know that I use Lilash (6 months) on lashes & brows and it works great! Very Happy Sometimes I'll even get an eyelash that's freakishly long & have to cut it back! The Lilash began to work in two weeks. I don't mean I woke up one morning & suddenly had a full lid of eyelashes, but I could see this one area where I was missing 3-4 lashes filling in & by the end of the 3rd week there was no doubt that my eyelashes were fuller & longer.

I kinda slacked off, using it only twice a week, and I can see the difference -- eyelashes are thinner. Now I've gone back to pretty much every day.

Good luck to you. Dancing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
ruby2zdy wrote:
lucyluc wrote:

In light of the side effects of Lumigan , why not use LiLash, which is easy on the eyes (I do get reddish upper eyelids, but I figure that's due to increased circulation). I cover up the red with coverup. I know LiLash is a lot more expensive, but I think it's worth it, and, as I said earlier, after you've got your "lidful" of eyelashes, you can cut it down to every other day, maybe even every 3rd day, which reduces the cost considerably. Very Happy Plus it has the perfect brush.

First of all, we don't know how much bimatoprost was in the original Jan Marini Age Intervention product so we can't assume it was a "diluted" formulation. Also I wonder if the lousy Latisse applicators were a factor in delivering a smaller dose of the drug to the lash line and perhaps we are overdosing with our tiny but more effective eyeliner brushes? There are reports that some people have been getting great results reducing the frequency of the applications the Lumigan/Latisse product to a few times a week.

In any case, it would seem that LiLash is illegally using prostaglandins drugs in their formulation or how else would anyone grow such fabulous lashes? I have seen reviews of Jan Marini Age Intervention and Revitalash and also saw some of the same side effects that we are complaining of. They include dry itchy eyes, redness, extraneous hairs, and undereye circles. The reformulated Jan Marini Marini Lash is said to contain only peptides and there are lousy reviews of this product on Makeupalley. Personally, I am unwilling to pay more for an unproven product.
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
ammoniasmith wrote:

First of all, we don't know how much bimatoprost was in the original Jan Marini Age Intervention product so we can't assume it was a "diluted" formulation.

Agreed. And Lumigan/Latisse is diluted, too. People seem to think it's 100% Bimatoprost when in fact it contains a mere 0.03%.

Quote:
In any case, it would seem that LiLash is illegally using prostaglandins drugs in their formulation or how else would anyone grow such fabulous lashes?

Definitely - of course they are, and that's why they are all eventually getting sued by the patent holders. (Allergan did this in 2006).

Quote:
I have seen reviews of Jan Marini Age Intervention and Revitalash and also saw some of the same side effects that we are complaining of. They include dry itchy eyes, redness, extraneous hairs, and undereye circles. The reformulated Jan Marini Marini Lash is said to contain only peptides and there are lousy reviews of this product on Makeupalley.

Exactly. Because they had to remove the active ingredient, prostaglandin. It's no longer the same product. It's now useless. But I'm sure they can continue to sell it for years, to gullible people who think they are still getting the same old stuff.

Quote:
Personally, I am unwilling to pay more for an unproven product.

Me too. And, thankfully, there is no need, since there is Lumigan.
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Lumigan for about a year for eyelash growth. My lovely dr gives me a prescription for it. The first time I used it, I painted a thick line on my eyelids and the next day I woke up with a horrible plum coloured stain where I had painted it. Luckily this disappeared after 2 weeks, and ever since, I have used much less, painted right on the lashline. I have light blue-green eyes and have not seen any pigment change. My bottle lasts about 4 months, using it once a day. Using a synthetic brush helps to conserve the product.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |