Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Paula's Choice
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered a bunch of samples from Paula's Choice, mostly skin care. Any input as to the quality of her line???
jag
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jenny, I've used the 2% bha liquid and 8% aha gel with great success. I've only tried those two items from her line.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
LOVE her products! Cleansers, and especially the 2% BHA gel and liquid version, the AHA, moisturizers, sunblocks. All her makeup is pretty good. If you like shimmer, you won't find it in her line up. Read the reviews on her website also at Makeup Alley.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
what sucks is on the australian website you gotta pay to be a member and only then you get the discounted cheaper price products.....the american website prices are reasonable i think but the shipping would cost alot to NZ so its not worth it to me Neutral

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I think this a good line. I started using her line back when she first started and just had very basic products which I liked but those products are gone now. But over the past years she had made lots of changes and now I cant use many things because of the silicones.

But I still love the 2% BHA liquid, AHA body lotion, lip & body balm, exfoliating treatment (love this for cuticles). The skin recovery cleanser is great when my skin is feeling really irritated/dry. As far as makeup the blush and cream eye liners are nice. I also like the brushes.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:47 am      Reply with quote
It is the best that I have ever used.
echoico
5% products discount

Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:57 am      Reply with quote
BHA BHA BHA BHA LOTION....MY LOVE...
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I am in love with the BHA lotion as well Smile I love that her ingredients are top of the line, since she has so much experience I trust her products.
georgialynn

Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:07 am      Reply with quote
I use Paula's Skin Recovery line--cleanser, toner, antioxidant serum and moisturizer. It is wonderful for my sensitive skin.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:06 am      Reply with quote
She has alot of nice products. My fav's are 2% BHA liquid and AHA body lotion.
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I really like the BHA too but overall her products did not help my oily skin at all. And the shipping in Canada and customs are way too high, I prefer shopping here on EDS.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:32 am      Reply with quote
I have been using her products for a while in between other brands. I think they are great for maintaining a good skin but don't think they have a high enough concentration of actives to actually improve skin.
kingofkings757
5% products discount

Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Miss Anna, what are good brands that have a high enough concentrate of actives to help and improve your skin, if you don't mind me asking?. As for Paula's Choice, i just started using her products, i hope i can give good reviews just like everyone else.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:24 am      Reply with quote
For those of you that love Paula's Choice BHA serums, have any of you tried PSF's BHA or SkinBiology's Exfol Serum? I am interested in how they compare. Since I don't live in the US and cosmeticscop charges exorbitant prices for international shipping, but the other 2 are available here on EDS and it's so much more convenient this way... Thanks!
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:40 am      Reply with quote
There are many and most of them are here on EDS. The ones I like are ZO, Remergent, Skinceuticals and SkinMedica. Others have mentioned Obagi, NIA24, NeoCutis to name a few. But the main thing is to look at the ingredients and make sure that the actives (like retinol, l-ascorbic acid, tocopherol, niacinamide) are at the beginning of the list. If they are at the end it means the concentration is too small. It's much more complicated than this, but it's a start.

There are also ingredients you can buy and make your own state-of-the-art creams. Kassy_A has posted a few recipes here. Have a look in the DIY forum.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:51 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
For those of you that love Paula's Choice BHA serums, have any of you tried PSF's BHA or SkinBiology's Exfol Serum? I am interested in how they compare. Since I don't live in the US and cosmeticscop charges exorbitant prices for international shipping, but the other 2 are available here on EDS and it's so much more convenient this way... Thanks!

I have not tried but did consider trying both of those brand. Decided against both brands based on ingredients.

PSF contains alcohol. While alcohol may have its uses being in skin care in not one of them IMO. If you have oily or resistant skin it may not be a problem for you.

SkinBiology Exfol contains squalene which is a problem for me because it causes dermatitis but many can use it with out problem. But also it contains cetyl alcohol which is rated a 2 on the comedogenicity scale.

Just my 2cents.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Does Paula's Choice carry an anti-aging cream to use at night? If so, has anyone used it and what has been your experience with it?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:31 am      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:
Does Paula's Choice carry an anti-aging cream to use at night? If so, has anyone used it and what has been your experience with it?

She just carries antioxidant serums. They are nice if your skin like silicone (since they are in silicone bases).
happycat01
5% products discount

Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi.

I have been using Paula's Choice products for almost a year now.
I love the 2% BHA lotion and liquid and the Healthy Finish Pressed Powder is just wonderful,looks really natural and is easy to use. The BHA products are the only ones that have improved the texture and look of my skin. Forget expensive moisturisers, start with a good exfoliator first, such as the one I just mentioned.

I have also been using the products that she recommends and I have to say she knows a lot about skincare.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:10 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
fat_swan wrote:

I have not tried but did consider trying both of those brand. Decided against both brands based on ingredients.

PSF contains alcohol. While alcohol may have its uses being in skin care in not one of them IMO. If you have oily or resistant skin it may not be a problem for you.

SkinBiology Exfol contains squalene which is a problem for me because it causes dermatitis but many can use it with out problem. But also it contains cetyl alcohol which is rated a 2 on the comedogenicity scale.

Just my 2cents.

So have you been using Paula's Choice with no problems? Thanks!
magsiemags
5% products discount

Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I have used her BHA 2% liquid, i loved it but it didn't clear all my blocked pores, which is what i was useing it for, so i switched to MUAC 8% which has done the trick Very Happy

her other products are great as well, but the postage from her Europe site was kind of expensive for me in the UK

Neutral
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |