Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Best serums or creams to use with LightStim for Anti-aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, it's been a little while since I've been on EDS and after coming back to these forums I was very taken by the information I read on the LightStim. I purchased one on Friday and it should be here in a couple of days.

I notice that some of you mentioned using Vit C serum before using the LightStim, but was wondering what other type of products you are using beforehand. If you can give a specific formula or product that has helped you with fine lines, sagging, age-related maladies, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-
SoccerMom

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Check your PM for my deep dark secrets... Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I'm sure I read on this forum somewhere that wearing serums/anything reflects light, and it's best to leave your skin bare?

Though they sell Hyaluronic Acid serum on the Baby Quasar site, so I'm confused.. Razz

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome back Soccermom,
There has been a ton of info on the LEDs in several threads.I'm using mine with clean skin and then apply my RA. I'm sure Kassy will give you some good ideas.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy will guide you in the right direction. She's an avid lightstim user and has made her own stuff that has worked really well.

I have also heard that using the led after some actives - vitamin C especially - that it will help them penetrate better and give you a glow.
Hope Kassy's will do that for you!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
I use a Vitamin C serum alone before using LEDs. Are there other recommended actives to use pre-light?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
From what I learned from my year of trial and error with all of this is that if you use a topical before the treatment, this will probably work best..

- Keep it thin and serumy
- Nothing with occlusive oils (A few drops of Avocado Oil mixed into a watery homemade serum has worked nicely lately)
- Nothing specifically used for barrier repair (you don't want anything to interfere with the light penetrating... Save the barrier repairs for your before bed routine)
- Allow whatever you apply to fully absorb for about 30 minutes before using the LED. (This is especially the case with any vitamin c, since light can degrade it... Once it has absorbed, your good to go.

The most important thing I can share, that I keep repeating over and over, is to exfoliate prior to every single treatment with a microfiber cloth..

I hesitated to share any more of my opinions regarding LED's because it seems to always wind up getting me in the middle of a bruhaha.. Rolling Eyes I am doing this now, because I've had a lot of requests lately, to "please share" again what I do that has worked. I am giving it one more try, because I honest to God believe in these bloody LED's, and I am still getting great results.

If you guys have any more questions, I'll do my best to answer them. More than anything, I would love you all to have the same success I've experienced over the last year. I've learned much!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Glad to see you posting, Kassy. Until you made your recommendations for me, I was just using my Lightstim any time of day, but now I use it in the evening after cleansing/exfoliation/serum, and my skin seems to love it.

I hadn't thought about not using it after barrier repair.

I've stepped up my attack on pigmentation on my hands and arms, and I'm using Lightstim there as well.
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much everyone and especially Kassy for her expertise. It was your posts Kassy that prompted me to purchase the LighStim and I am hoping for nothing less than a refreshed, plumped look Smile to alleviate the stress of this last year.

I received my LightStim yesterday after ordering at the end of the business day on Friday. I spoke with Joanie very briefly as she was on hold with someone; but Steve called me back very promptly and he was quick to answer any questions and got my order processed.

And of course I used it straight away. First I took photos though so I can post some fabulous before and afters Wink. I exfoliated with warm/hot water and a microfiber cloth then used the only serum I had which was the Olay Regenerist Day Serum (great ingredients I gotta say) and I sat there watching/listening to TV after my little one went down and just relaxed. I had ordered some Obagi C serum which hasn't come in yet darn it. I'll utilize that with the LightStim when it gets here.

I applied my Avage (retin A) afterwards. So nothing noticeable yet of course; but I'll keep at it and let you all know.

Thanks again for all your wonderful advice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Since this thread has both 'LightStim' + 'Anti-Aging' in the title, I thought it would be a good place to share a letter I received from LS (Joaniann) a short while ago..

I wrote to them to inquire about what specifically was responsible in their opinion for collagen synthesis, and if they could point me to any studies or info offering proof of exactly what was best for collagen production.. The reason was because I noticed significant tightening only when I used the anti-aging device that includes the 'amber' diodes. Anyway, I'm sharing her reply here, because it may be helpful to anyone who is contemplating buying an LED with 'firming' purposes in mind.

I'd also like to make this perfectly clear as well if I may, for any of our newer members especially. I have only ever used the LightStim devices, and so my experiences are shared from that perspective. I wholeheartedly believe that *ANY* brand of LED, that includes an amber wavelength, and runs on electricity will result in great results also... It's all about the commitment, and to use these devices to the best advantage.. (I believe I can help anyone, with any LED, get better results, than if they just use their light willy/nilly.) As always, I am happy to share the good, the not so good, and the down right ugly with ya'll.. Okay, with all that off my chest, here is the letter I received:

Hi Kathy,
You've got mostly correct information, I just need to clarify some of it
for you. The Hand-held consumer LED light business is about 6 years
old, which is the same length of time that LightStim has been in
business. Prior to that it was mostly experimentation and not
much production out of any company. Up until about 3 years ago,
everyone in the industry thought that red and infrared (like our
Original Light) was the best combination to produce collagen and
elastin.
It was at that time that amber started to be recognized as a much
higher producer of collagen and elastin (please note, I am not saying
that red/infrared does not produce collagen/elastin, I'm just saying
that amber does a better job of it). This period was marked by the
numerous manufacturing companies that started to build large 2-
panel professional lights, using amber or a combination of LEDs that
included amber, instead of only red or red and infrared. This has
continued up until present time with the exception of a few companies
that never varied from what they were doing in earlier years. This is
not to say that they were incorrect or behind the times, not at all.
They more than likely were very happy with the results their devices
produced or they would have changed something. The companies I
am referring to here are very high quality, reputable companies... and
there are a number of them.
You are correct that amber is for skin tone, lines and wrinkles, but the
way that lines and winkles diminish is by building collagen and
elastin. So it actually is the amber doing this for the most part. To
underscore this I'll give you some statistics of our company. In the
first 4 years of business, we sold the Original Light as an anti-aging
light (as it was thought at that time that red and infrared did the best
job of getting rid of fine lines and wrinkles). During that period, we
had a 20% to 25% return rate by customers who felt that they did not
get any results or did not get satisfactory results. Then we started to
produce our Anti-Aging Light which has AMBER, red and infrared
LEDs. We only sold it to professionals at first and then released it to
the public a little over a year ago. Our return rate immediately
dropped to under 1%. Yes, less than 1% of our Anti-Aging customers
have returned their light because of "no results". That is your proof.
That light is exactly like the Original, expect that we dropped one of
the two types of infrared LEDs that we were using and replaced it
with an amber LED. NO MORE RETURNS!
What research will show is that red and infrared are what has been
used since the inception of the industry for medical means. This is
what NASA was using and almost every other medical study that
came after NASA. It's also been shown to reduce pain of many
origins and to increase blood circulation. It's been used in conjunction
with compounds to address skin cancer. It's also been used to heal
the sores in the mouth that result from chemotherapy. We have heard
about an eye surgeon in Boston who is using red/infrared LED's to
help heal the eye after surgery. I could go on and on regarding the
medical uses, which almost without exception were discovered before
people thought about using it for the purpose of anti-aging.
The problem you ran into in your research is that there are only one
or two RECENT studies which show the collagen/elastin building
benefits of amber LED's. But in my mind, the studies are secondary
to the results our customers have seen. It's the old, "The proof is in
the pudding".
There may be companies who disagree and I believe they have that
right. There certainly are other companies who manufacture lights
that get results and they may do it with a different technology than we
are using. The only thing that I really care about is that OUR
customers are happy and getting the results they expect.
I do hope this answers your questions!
Kind Regards –
Joniann

So are you guys as surprised as I was with this? Are any of you finding this to be contrary to your experiences? Are any of you seeing better 'firming' with the amber diodes as I have? So if I understand this right, what I was told by Steve in January before I ordered the AA model, was correct.. He said at that time; "The red/infrared model will work to produce collagen, but it will just take much longer".

I also saw a study, and of course now can't find it.. Rolling Eyes , that showed better results when 2 or more colors/wavelengths were incorporated in one device. My honest feeling is that amber/red/infrared (as found in the Pro Light + LightStim models) is the best of both worlds.

phew!....Okay, I'll shut up now... Sad

tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm brand new to the forum as a member, but have been lurking long enough to have purchased an Anti-Aging LightStim last July based on EDS recommendations. I love it! Surprised I've been using it in the a.m. on bare skin and found a visible improvement in hand crepeyness (I never know how to spell that) but the really amazing effect has been on my turkey wattle - I would say that has tightened up by 80% if not more. Very Happy I'm now using F2F Line Eliminator to help eliminate the remnants of neck crepeyness, but I don't apply it until after the AALS because I don't want to block the light.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Tessera, thank you SO MUCH for chiming in and posting your results. It helps those of us who've invested and those who are thinking about it. If you have photos please post.

tessera wrote:
I'm brand new to the forum as a member, but have been lurking long enough to have purchased an Anti-Aging LightStim last July based on EDS recommendations. I love it! Surprised I've been using it in the a.m. on bare skin and found a visible improvement in hand crepeyness (I never know how to spell that) but the really amazing effect has been on my turkey wattle - I would say that has tightened up by 80% if not more. Very Happy I'm now using F2F Line Eliminator to help eliminate the remnants of neck crepeyness, but I don't apply it until after the AALS because I don't want to block the light.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Soccermom, I don't know how to reply to a specific post yet (gotta find time to look for directions) but you were asking about photos. Please keep in mind that I am technologically challenged. Rolling Eyes I'll check to see if I still have the photos I took at the beginning. As I recall, I did not know how to use the "scene" close-up setting on my camera, nor how to turn off the flash, so they were washed out and blurry. But I'll check...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:23 am      Reply with quote
soccermominsd wrote:
Tessera, thank you SO MUCH for chiming in and posting your results. It helps those of us who've invested and those who are thinking about it. If you have photos please post.

Soccermom - I found my photos and have them uploaded to my Flickr account. Can someone point me to directions on how to import them to this thread? Much appreciated!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tessera-
Just copy the URL (web address) of where the photos are; also Flicker will give you the individual photo web addresses for each picture that you can then post in your EDS post.

Thanks so much Tessera.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:57 am      Reply with quote
soccermominsd wrote:
Hi Tessera-
Just copy the URL (web address) of where the photos are; also Flicker will give you the individual photo web addresses for each picture that you can then post in your EDS post.

Thanks so much Tessera.

Soccermom - I had all four individual URL's pasted in but came to learn that as a new member, I can't post extrinsic website addresses. Plan B? Confused

P.S. I pm'ed you with the Flickr guest pass URL.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi tessera and welcome!

I think you will be able to post links etc.. once you have passed the #10 posts point..

As for the pictures, I have a photobucket account, and I just have to copy and paste the "Img" link into my post and the pictures come right in.. (Photobucket made it easy for me, because it tells you which to choose for forums, email, IM's etc..

I for one would love to see your pictures.. I also got rid of a very ugly neck while using my LED... Yay for us!!!!

soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Wowsa Tessera-Those pics are incredible.

Other's should definitely see your wonderful results.

If Kassy can help out with her photo account please let her so others can check out the results Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
soccermominsd wrote:

If Kassy can help out with her photo account please let her so others can check out the results Wink

I think I didn't make myself clear soccermom.. All tessera has to do is wait till she has more than 10 posts, and I think she'll be able to post the pictures at that time..

And yes, I agree the result is incredible... I'm almost tempted to post mine again, since the results are so similar... Laughing Laughing Laughing

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:

Tessera, do you use the AALA every day, or just a few days a week? How long did it take you to notice the improvement?
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Tessera, do you use the AALA every day, or just a few days a week? How long did it take you to notice the improvement?[/quote]

Hi Rileygirl, I use it daily for four minutes per area. I didn't specifically note when I first saw results, but I'd say I saw improvement a month into it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the reply, tessera. I hope you will post your pics for all to see when you reach the number of posts needed to do so! I can't wait to see them!
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Hey Kassy-
I need to slow down and take more time to read.

Keep Posting Tessera; everyone will love your photos Smile

Kassy_A wrote:
soccermominsd wrote:

I think I didn't make myself clear soccermom.. All tessera has to do is wait till she has more than 10 posts, and I think she'll be able to post the pictures at that time..

And yes, I agree the result is incredible... I'm almost tempted to post mine again, since the results are so similar... Laughing Laughing Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I can't wait to see the pictures too! I promised to post pictures myself but I HATE looking at photos without makeup on, it's not vanity, I just look ugh. Sorry.

All the things I'm throwing at my damaged skin are slowly helping.

LEDs give me a brightness and softness that I didn't have, and that's a good enough reason to continue. I'm not wrinkly (yet).

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I would love to see pictures as well.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |