Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Green lemonade for hair loss
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Just thought I'd share something very interesting that happened to me. I came across a recipe of green lemonade from Natalia Rose's book The Raw Food Detox Diet. Basically, it's freshly pressed vegetable juice with apple, ginger, and lemon. I've been drinking it for a month now and, to my surprise, my hair is not falling out as much as it used to! I would scoop out clumps every time I shampoo or brush my hair before. I noticed it's just a few strands falling out now. The test came when I colored my hair last night. Usually, I'm prepared to scoop out a whole bunch when I rinse off. This time, WAYYYY less! I was so happy.

By the way, I stopped taking my hair/skin/nails vitamins when I started and my skin and nails are still in awesome shape. I put romain lettuce, spinach, carrots, kale, celery (a variation of these) with the ginger, apple, and lemon. fyi.
havana8

Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:00 am      Reply with quote
So what's the book like, Blaze, and how are you faring with the diet?
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
The book's okay. My aim wasn't to lose weight but eat healthier, so what I got out of it was how to get more raw veggie nutrition into my daily diet (by juicing) and the importance of elimination. She's got some really interesting concepts. I was into it at first, but I've eased up especially since she is against certain food combinations (starch with meat, for example) that I'd rather not give up.
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:52 am      Reply with quote
http://purelybeautiful.blogspot.com/2008/02/green-lemonade.html

Green Lemonade
If you are looking for a tasty, healthy way to start your morning I have just the thing; a tall frothy glass of delicious green lemonade. The recipe by Natalia Rose author of The Raw Food Detox Diet and Raw Food Life Force Energy is full of fabulous, living enzymes and beautiful vitamins and minerals and just plain earth love. I've had this juice every day this week and it is some good stuff. It gave me more real energy than coffee ever could and my skin looks 10 X better. The original recipe and many more great recipes can be found in The Raw Food Detox Diet (a great read by the way).

Just throw some organic romaine lettuce, a few leaves of organic kale, an organic apple or two, organic lemon and ginger in your juicer and adjust to taste. There you have it. An amazingly healthy, tangy start to your day!
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Yup, that's the one. Two apples make it taste better. Celery, although it produces a lot of juice, dominates the flavor. Just in case you want to try this.
havana8

Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to for general health! Thanks for the tip on the two apples. I can see having a hard time getting it down with an overt celery taste.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
For what it's worth, my mom actually edited a raw food cookbook, and she's been a big proponent of the raw diet for many years. Personally, I can't necessarily handle it 100% of the time, but I do feel much healthier when I eat mostly raw foods. IMO the main difference is that you're cutting out all processed foods -- so no preservatives or thickeners or emulsifiers, and no hydrogenated oils, and fewer saturated fats -- plus nothing gets pasteurized so the vitamins don't get so stripped. Anyway, if you do a bit more research about it, the raw food diet can really have a massively beneficial impact on your health -- but it does require some MAJOR lifestyle changes. Not everyone can handle that -- me included -- but it's definitely a big boost to your health if you can stick with it!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I agree. For me, I'm sticking to the fresh vegetable juice daily and trying to incorporate more raw foods as much as possible. You're absolutely right about feeling good and "light" when you're eating a lot of raw foods as opposed to processed.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |