Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Using the same product for Years
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sinead

Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:20 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the Talgo product range for a good few years now as my skin is very sensitive. I love them. I have been told recently that by using them for years my skin gets adapted to them and I will not get the benefit from them.
Could anyone advise me on this and if I should change from Talgo every few years what product should I use. My skin is very sensitive and get dehydrated also.

Thanks
Sinéad Smile
Saucy
5% products discount

Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:11 am      Reply with quote
Since you have sensitive skin, it will probably be hard for you to find a suitable replacement without going through unnecessary grief (i.e. breakouts). If you love the products you're using, you should definitely continue using them. I learned the hard way that changing it up can actually harm your skin and am dealing with the repercussions. However, since you say that your skin is dehydrated, you may want to look into adding a moisturizer or something that will help you retain moisture (like an HA). I have sensitive skin and am using Cerave, which does not break me out (my main criterion for a moisturizer) - it's probably not as hydrating as other cremes out there, but I can't risk anything more right now. I have added an HA from Garden of Wisdom to it and I think it helps. Whatever you decide to do, my only real advice is to take it slow and if you decide to change things up, change it one at a time and slowly. Good luck!
Sinead

Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advise, will keep you posted Smile
kar126
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
if it works for you you should definitely stick to it! Smile I know it is tempting to switch things up once in a while, but since your skin is sensitive it might be very hard to find something
Ferfer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I agree with kar 126. If the skin is sensitive, it really hard to find something. In the past, my skin was very sensitive and turned to redness easily when using any skin products. But after I have used LUSH Eau Roma Water before using any cream/serum. My skin have improvement, not easily to get redness.
hoops2614_cn
5% products discount

Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I have used OLAY from the age of 14 to 21.The foam, sun block, day cream ...so many products of this brand, maybe in these years i'm a young girl so OLAY is enough for my skin.
But when I graduated from my university,my face became very sensitive, then Olay can't help me.I turned to drugstore,to look for the products suit for me.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Our skin and hair (scalp) can get adapted to specific products. However, I think it depends on the individual.

If you have been using Talgo with success, and the effects have not diminished, why bother changing? It's very difficult to find a routine our skin likes.

However, if you feel the effects have diminish, perhaps it's time to start exploring again, slowly.

I was told that we should find 2 or more HG products per item in our routine (ex 2 cleansers, 2 moisturizer etc) and rotate them every month. I don't practice it for my skin care as I have yet to find my own HGs. I do rotate shampoos/conditioners as I find my scalpe and hair can get immune.

hth!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Sinead wrote:
I have been using the Talgo product range for a good few years now as my skin is very sensitive. I love them. I have been told recently that by using them for years my skin gets adapted to them and I will not get the benefit from them.
Could anyone advise me on this and if I should change from Talgo every few years what product should I use. My skin is very sensitive and get dehydrated also.
Thanks
Sinéad Smile
Just remember that skin care is not static. You have to determine every day how your skin is doing and go from there. Keep away from drying products. If its overly sensitive back off from scrubs,masks etc and use gentle cleanser with sunscreen for day time. With winter in full swing, use emollient moisturizers at night. The fewer products you use, the happier your skin will be.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Sinead...was that a typo and did you mean Thalgo?. If so can you please list what products are you using from the range and like?

thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I am a believer in changing things up. Sensitive or no. Your face is adapted at this point. There are many products out there - and really all of us go through changes when we try a product - It won't keep me from trying something new to keep my skin adapting. This is how your skin works and remodels. Without change you will not allow your skin the opportunity to be at it's best. Think of your body - Adapting is like sitting in a chair and
doing nothing because you don't want the sore muscles. Your body adapts to the chair or your walking routine and nothing else happens and then you go backwards eventually.
qichunyan711
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:34 am      Reply with quote
I am sensitive skin also.For me I just begin to use Thalgo.I think it is well.It is not easy for sensitive skin to find an suitable cosmetics.And often changing will be very harmful.So want to change,change slowly,one by one.Maybe lotion is first one.And I don't think drugstore cosmetics have results.It should be used when your skin is in redness.Other time no use.
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
It's hard to focus on one brand for a year, but I will try.

I heard that it was better to change skin products when you had used them for two years,or the results would become less effective.
ceca01
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I actually have experience with hair care. I sometimes suffer from dandruff and have found that using the same shampoo for a while actually stops working all together.

Over the years I had to change quite a few products in order treat my hair appropriately.

I don't know whether it's the same with skin care though. I have only started using Sothys a year ago and so far it's been good for my skin but can anyone recommend what the time period is for using a certain line of products or should we go with the instinct?
SOLARTINA
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:22 am      Reply with quote
It's hard to focus on one brand. I always try a new product after one set of line is finished,even it's good.Maybe that's why women be called changable?
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Yes, you are right there my friend Smile I use a different products on my hair and skin. Sometimes, when you use the hair products so much, it does not work. It is better to try something new to see what suits... Same with skin care. However, the only skin product that I did not change is OBAGI LINE OF PRODUCTS. I've been using this for years and it helped my skin. Sometimes, I get some samples from EDS and if the sample product is good enough for my skin, then I buy it at EDS. I am extremely happy that I found this site, I mean EDS... the customer service is extremely good. No complaints on this one. I am a satisfied customer! Smile Smile Smile

ceca01 wrote:
I actually have experience with hair care. I sometimes suffer from dandruff and have found that using the same shampoo for a while actually stops working all together.

Over the years I had to change quite a few products in order treat my hair appropriately.

I don't know whether it's the same with skin care though. I have only started using Sothys a year ago and so far it's been good for my skin but can anyone recommend what the time period is for using a certain line of products or should we go with the instinct?
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:48 am      Reply with quote
I find I often go back to specific products in a brand that I know have worked for me in the past but I do still like experimenting with new and different products. It is especially easy to be unfaithful these days because there are so many new products coming onto the market promising great results. My skin is reasonably good, it's smooth and soft and not dull. However, I have brown marks and lines as I'm now 59 (Eeek) (Love that Kassy!!)so I'm always interested in trying new products to help with these.

These forums have been so helpful in giving advice on a range of new products. It's great to be able to see if anyone has used a product you are thinking of trying and what their experience has been.

I also find with hair products, my hair seems to get used to even the great products and I have to change, but I still stick with a few brands that I know work.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:32 am      Reply with quote
I'm always buying stuff, but only ever really use Johnson's baby bath, Simple (think this is a uk brand)fake tan and tretinoin plus Obagi blender once or twice a week. Why do I keep buying stuff? Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just too impatient to stick to the same product. However, this really didn't do me anything good. My skin is very sensitive now.
beautylove
5% products discount

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Even sensitive there are many product you can choose. But I think change from one brand to another every two years or less is good
mandm
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I am sensitive skin and have used Dr. Hauschka cleaning cream for 3 years.
It's hard to focus on one brand. I also always try a new product.
frankmcs
5% products discount

Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:10 am      Reply with quote
I am agree with this one.
Saucy wrote:
Since you have sensitive skin, it will probably be hard for you to find a suitable replacement without going through unnecessary grief (i.e. breakouts). If you love the products you're using, you should definitely continue using them. I learned the hard way that changing it up can actually harm your skin and am dealing with the repercussions. However, since you say that your skin is dehydrated, you may want to look into adding a moisturizer or something that will help you retain moisture (like an HA). I have sensitive skin and am using Cerave, which does not break me out (my main criterion for a moisturizer) - it's probably not as hydrating as other cremes out there, but I can't risk anything more right now. I have added an HA from Garden of Wisdom to it and I think it helps. Whatever you decide to do, my only real advice is to take it slow and if you decide to change things up, change it one at a time and slowly. Good luck!
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:30 am      Reply with quote
B Kamins has Sensitive Skin Starter Kit (4 items),$54,i think is good way to try new line.
i like their earth mask.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
A good product line that is formulated well shouldn't be a problem ever! That adage I think applies to lines that are not, especially if they use silicone bases. When companies use different silicone bases, they all do one thing, prevent your skin from being able to breathe. The skin will tolerate whatever they are using for awhile and then it is really your skin that starts to act up, we switch to a different product line and we are ok for awhile and then the same thing happens, over and over again. I have sensitive skin too and have been using Epidermx II for years now. EDS carries the NaturDerm products, hard to find a purer more effective product line, especially if you want anti aging products, they tend to be loaded with silicones. Might want to try them out!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
If they are still working well for you then stick with them. I dont believe you need to change up skin care products, if they are working they are doing what they are suppose to do.

It can be hard find products that work well, stay with what you know.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |