Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Rejuvenique - Electric impulse mask $35-50
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
betsyaida
5% products discount

Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:18 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone else had good results with this. It is way cheaper than other devices and hits all major points you just sit back and relax for 15 min

amazon . com/Rejuvenique-RJV10KIT-Facial-Toning-Mask/dp/B00005JHWB

Another member said (user name:czarina she is a Full Member):

I use a device called Rejuvenique.It works.Its kind of like the the facial exercize device you are speaking of, except its battery operated.I guess the battery does the work for you.It tightens the whole face. Its a silly looking hard plastic mask, and it has metal contact points,[its not painful].It works by sending mild energy pulsations to key areas of the face through the contact points in the mask.The contact points have been carefully positioned to affect the skintone and its response in key problem areas of the face.[I copied that from the info book] I've been using it for about 2 years,and it has super results.

That, and I live for obagi products! I'm 51, but my face doesn't look it.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:15 am      Reply with quote
"The Phaaaaaantom of the opera is here, inside your mind"! Sorry, but if my husband caught me with that on, it would absolutely be the last straw! Very Happy
Mabsy

Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I actually bought that mask years and years ago for my mum Laughing

She used it a few times, then it spent a few years being stored under the bed and then it went to the trash. I have no idea whether it works - possibly, but my mum never continued with it. It was too tedious, though it sure was funny Smile

5% products discount

Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it is hidious looking.

But if it works why would I want to spend hundreds of dollars on micro current machines when this thing is 50ish dollars. Good god you think they could have made it look nicer like maybe a clear one instead of cream or blue. What the hell were they thinking? Embarassed Rolling Eyes

basically we have to put the gel on all 8 contacts then put on face and push a button to start a 15 munite treatment. I cant imagine all the other micro current machines are that much easier to do. In fact they would take longer cuz you only can do one point at a time.

Laughing Laughing Laughing This made me laugh so hard too.
Keliu wrote:
"The Phaaaaaantom of the opera is here, inside your mind"! Sorry, but if my husband caught me with that on, it would absolutely be the last straw! Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Here's what I recall about that mask, when I saw a bunch of them for sale in a flea market(ish) type of store in NJ. In fact I saw it for $10. in a store in Alabama also now that I'm thinking about it.

- It was $10. (And there were at least 100 of them) - It was a hard plastic mask with probes here and there, that I suppose give you a shock when it's on your face.

- It definitely did not look like one size would fit all.. In fact I don't think I ever saw a nose anywhere, that would be comfortable in it. (Picture Barbie Dollish on crack.. Laughing )
- The contact points are stationary, which translates to tough on you if it doesn't line up quite right.. Shock

For me to not have slapped down the $10 bucks just out of sheer curiosity, you can only imagine how truly worthless I thought it was.. Rolling Eyes

Gee, I'm so sorry to sound so negative about it, but it's really my honest opinion... Embarassed

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
betsyaida
5% products discount

Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I agree it does look worthless and that is why I wonder (and why I posted) if people don't buy it because it looks so worthless.

It makes me wonder also because almost everyone says the same thing including me "it looks like a piece of junk that can't possibly work" so we never try it and can only pontificate. If I had lots of extra money I would buy it and report back but I dont right now. Man wish I would have seen it for $10.

Then you hear from that one person who actually uses it and they have first hand experience and they say it really does work.

What's a girl on a budget to do Neutral
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
betsyaida wrote:

** Get acquainted with the 'DIY' threads.

** Use sunscreen now, and keep your face out of the sun, to keep the photoaging to a minimum.

** Eat right, drink plenty of water (out of a wide mouth bottle, so you don't get vertical lip lines.. Shock Shock ) + get some good heart pumping exercise frequently.

** Get yourself a nice cheap line of skincare items, that have some quality ingredients like "Olay" or "Aveeno", and won't break the bank.. (The most expensive, doesn't equal the most effective.)

** Here's a great little cream, sold right here at EDS, that is sorely neglected IMHO. It has fabuloso ingredients, and won't break the bank!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/ds-laboratories-viterol-a-p_7303.htm

** And the best thing those of us on a budget can do is to research every single thing that catches our interest, before whipping out the credit card......Impulse buying is probably the biggest regret most of us would admit to.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
betsyaida
5% products discount

Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Kassy I am reading now about Viterol. A® I've never heard about this product. Sounds very nice.
Banh
5% products discount

Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I saw a similar one in Japan, it was pretty cheap, about US$60, I guess it works because of its messaging action, but would it be the same if we do it manually?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:08 am      Reply with quote
betsyaida wrote:

I would buy the $10 download of "Ageless if you Dare"...you won't even have to buy replacement gel! (but that is because facial exercise doesn't require gel)

bethany wrote:
I would recommend starting with the $10 download of "Ageless If You Dare" which takes about 5 mins a day, 4 days a week. (there is no DVD) LouLou used to be a FlexEffect trainer (see below) and wrote her own book. I suggest starting with this, because if you are not going to stick with it, then it is better to go with the cheaper program. I also think a shorter program is easier to make a commitment to, and actually follow through with.

Her website:
http://www.louiseannette.co.uk/

Her before and after pics when she did FlexEffect (this shows the power of facial exercise)
http://www.flexeffect.com/LoulouBA.htm

Where to order the Ageless download:
http://www.lulu.com/content/4463137

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am      Reply with quote
betsyaida wrote:
Thank you Kassy I am reading now about Viterol. A® I've never heard about this product. Sounds very nice.

See my last post (last pg) on this thread, which incorporates it into a homemade C serum .. luscious!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=30503

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Well, since I am addicted to electricity coursing through my face Very Happy I purchased the more recent version of the Rejuvenique mask (the blue one) which has since been discontinued. The fact that I got it new on ebay for $5.99 + $10 shipping didn't hurt either. Very Happy

And let me tell you...that thing packs a bit of a punch! I used it 2 cycles (15 mins each) the first few nights, but then went overboard and used it for 4 cycles last night. And this morning my face was a bit puffy all over. Shock

Of course, we'll have to see if it actually reduces sagging like many purchasers have claimed. Confused The brochure says you see the most results in 2-3 months, so I will be reporting in as things progress. Very Happy

FYI...do NOT buy this replica on amazon (link below). I purchased this first, and it is very apparent that is made for wider, flatter faces...one size does NOT fit all! It has a nicer control unit, but the facial contact points are PLASTIC (not metal like Rejuvenique), and the contact points are not adjustable like Rejuvenique. I am sending mine back...especially since it was $99 + shipping!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035GJ746/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A1RY29VDC6C0Y

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Here is some info from the original patent for the mask...he later patented the more advanced, adjustable contact point. I always like to see what they really intended, vs. the marketing spin that gets added later.

Quote:
1. Field of the Invention

This invention relates, generally, to means and methods for toning and lifting facial tissue.

2. Description of the Prior Art

The aging process includes loss of tone of facial tissue; such loss of tone manifests itself in wrinkles, sagging skin, and the like. Chinese acupuncture has some utility as an effective treatment for the condition, but many people either fear acupuncture, can't afford it, or live in areas of the country where it is not available. Moreover, if the acupuncturist does not treat the user in a comprehensive, systematic fashion, the treatment may be unsatisfactory.

In an effort to avoid the use of needles, some inventors have developed treatments that rely upon non-penetrating electrodes to establish galvanic currents in the facial muscle being treated. One example of such a treatment appears in U.S. Pat. No. 4,957,480 to Morenings; it involves electrical stimulation of muscle in such a way as to cause the muscle to contract, in the hope that stronger muscles beneath the skin will reduce sagging of the skin. A pair of hand-held electrodes are positioned on opposite sides of the muscle to be contracted so that current flow between the electrodes also flows through the muscle. This requires the individual performing the treatment to painstakingly move the electrodes from muscle to muscle and thus is somewhat time-consuming. Moreover, if the treatment provider is unskilled or does not know the positions of all the muscles, the treatment may be ineffective.

Other treatments eschew the use of electrodes and rely instead on the principles of isometric exercise. U.S. Pat. No. 4,892,092 to Klein, for example, shows a mask worn by an individual desiring to improve facial muscle tone. When the mask is worn, a plurality of pressure applicators overlie preselected parts of the face; specifically, each pair of applicators overlies opposite ends of preselected muscles. Means are provided to cause the pressure applicators to displace in a direction towards the face so that the muscles are held against movement by the applicators at opposite ends thereof. The person wearing the mask then attempts to contract the muscles and the benefits of isometric exercise are thereby attained. Considerable amounts of pressure may be required at opposite ends of the stronger muscles, and the treatment will work only if the person receiving the treatment performs the muscle contractions properly.

Still another device for beauty treatment is shown in U.S. Pat. No. 4,117,837 to Remiro. The device is an elastomeric mask that conforms to the shape of the wearer's face. The benefits derive from the elastic action of the mask against the facial skin; no particular points are treated differently than all other points.

U.S. Pat. No. 3,279,468 to Le Vine includes a mask having a plurality of paired electrodes disposed throughout. The electrodes of each pair are closely spaced to one another and one member of the pair serves as ground so that current flows only between the paired electrodes. The current activates the motor fibers of a particular muscle group. The mask has a pegboard-like appearance so that the electrodes may be moved further apart or closer together. Thus, the therapist must have an advanced knowledge of muscle structure in order to properly position each electrode pair. Moreover, the pegboard-like structure of the mask limits the therapist to horizontal and vertical relocations of individual electrodes.

A moist pad overlies the user's face as a part of the treatment procedure described in U.S. Pat. 3,971,387 to Mantell, and is held in place by a mask strapped in overlying relation thereto. Plural, nonadjustable buttons are riveted onto the mask and their placement is not in accord with motor points of the facial muscles, acupuncture points, or any other anatomically significant points. Moreover, all buttons are electrically stimulated at the same time.

Thus, there is a need for a facial tissue toning device and method that does not require the person performing the treatment to move a pair of electrodes from position to position. Moreover, the ideal device would not subject its user's face to high pressures and would not require the individual receiving the treatment to perform isometric exercises. The ideal device would also provide treatment for specific, critical points on the face and finding such points would not be left to the skill or knowledge of the treatment provider.

However, when the prior art is considered as a whole, it neither teaches nor suggests to those of ordinary skill in this art how the ideal device could be provided.

SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION

The longstanding but heretofore unfulfilled need for an apparatus and method for improving the tone of facial muscles and tissue is now fulfilled by a highly novel structure that performs the toning function in the absence of acupuncture needles, in the absence of hand-held electrodes, in the absence of high pressures on the user's skin and in the absence of any need for the user to perform isometric exercises. Significantly, the novel device always applies the treatment to the points of the face where treatment is needed.

In both prototype and commercial embodiment form, the novel device is provided in the form of a mask that is worn over the face of the user. In the prototype form, the mask includes a relatively soft, thick inner lining that lightly and comfortably overlies the face of a user when the device is worn, a somewhat rigid outer lining that provides the required structural integrity, a thin sheet, having electrically conductive paths imprinted thereon, disposed in sandwiched relation between the outer and inner linings, and a plurality of electrodes that are mounted in a predetermined array. Each electrode is received within its associated throughbore formed in the inner lining and is movable within its bore along its longitudinal axis so that it may conform to differing facial sizes and shapes. The trailing end of each electrode is in electrical contact with its associated electrically conductive path, and the leading end of each electrode contacts the user's face.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5527357.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

OMG I read this and while laughing I was thinking Hannibal Lector all at the same time! Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
It's totally ridiculous, isn't it? But I said that about the Safetox too........

Bethany, tell us how you're using it. Do you have to apply gel, or does it have sticky contacts? How often are you using it? Are you using it at the opposite end of the day to the Safetox?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I've got the older Rejuvenique, which I bought really cheap from ebay about 2 years ago (with Linda Evans on the box). I found it "tingles" on the points rather than contracting and holding muscles like the Tua Viso, and a few other EMS units I've tried, do (before that, I had a Cleo Q, and even longer ago, a Rio Facial System which mimicked the CACI facelift in salons).

The mask is covered with 26 gold-plated contacts which you smear gel on to generate the current. One treatment is 15 minutes. I always did it on my own as the mask is very creepy looking!

To be honest, I only used it a few weeks, and found the gel application quite annoying..I've considered putting it on ebay but doubt I'd get much for it. As for results, nada, though I didn't stick with it.

A tip, you could use Aloe Vera Gel with it when the supplied Gel runs out.

The new Rejuvenique: http://www.amazon.com/Rejuvenique-RJV10KITBT-Facial-Mask-Kit/product-reviews/B000067ETU/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Older reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Rejuvenique-RJV10KIT-Facial-Toning-Mask/product-reviews/B00005JHWB/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Bethany, tell us how you're using it. Do you have to apply gel, or does it have sticky contacts? How often are you using it? Are you using it at the opposite end of the day to the Safetox?

You have to apply gel (I'm using ultrasound gel)to each of the gold plated contact points...there are 26 I think. And some of them are adjustable to make sure that you are connecting the key spots based on the size of your face. I think only the BLUE version of the mask has adjustable contacts, but I am not sure.

I am doing 2 treatments in a row as recommended, and am trying to do it at least a couple of hours away from the Safetox.

I did 2 treatments last night, and could definitely feel it in my face this morning. I could also still see some puffiness (even my lips are puffier Shock )...I'll be interested to see if that decreases over time, or if it continues. I am wondering if the treatment increases inflammation, therefore causing fluid to come to the area? If so, ongoing inflammation may not be good. Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:05 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
The mask is covered with 26 gold-plated contacts which you smear gel on to generate the current. One treatment is 15 minutes. I always did it on my own as the mask is very creepy looking!

I have to agree with the creepy looking part, lol. My cats are like "WHAT did you DO with my mom???" when I put it on.

Does your mask have the adjustable contact points? (you have to hold the tube, and then turn the contact point clockwise to go shorter, or counter clockwise to go longer)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:29 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I have to agree with the creepy looking part, lol. My cats are like "WHAT did you DO with my mom???" when I put it on.

Does your mask have the adjustable contact points? (you have to hold the tube, and then turn the contact point clockwise to go shorter, or counter clockwise to go longer)
Yes, the contacts are adjustable, you can screw them tighter or looser so they touch your skin at the different points.

My sister found it in a bag of beauty gadgets and bottles, and said "WTH is that thing?!". No way would I let another living being see me with it!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:12 am      Reply with quote
[quote="ljk"]
bethany wrote:

My sister found it in a bag of beauty gadgets and bottles, and said "WTH is that thing?!". No way would I let another living being see me with it!

Now I want to buy one just to scare kids answering the door on Halloween! Sorry couldn't resist!

I am interested to see how it works out in the long run Bethany. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:32 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I am interested to see how it works out in the long run Bethany. Very Happy

I'll let you know! Very Happy

I think I pretty much maxed out the benefit of the Safetox since I have seen no additional improvement (but will definitely keep using it to maintain), so now I am on the to the next thing.

I am hoping that this may help tighten up my jaw area a bit...I am not going to start up my Ageless cheek exercises again until I give this a chance to deliver for 2+ months. I started on June 23, and will give it until the end of August. We'll see how things go!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I sometimes see the Rejuvenique being sold at places like Tuesday Morning and Big Lots for about $10, and bought one a few years ago. But haven't used it on a consistent basis. When I did ,having not adjusted the contact probes, I'd end up with dents on my face which would take about 30 minutes to disappear Bad Grin I like the idea of being able to do several areas at once, and may have to dig it out of the closet.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Angelfire wrote:
I sometimes see the Rejuvenique being sold at places like Tuesday Morning and Big Lots for about $10, and bought one a few years ago. But haven't used it on a consistent basis. When I did ,having not adjusted the contact probes, I'd end up with dents on my face which would take about 30 minutes to disappear Bad Grin I like the idea of being able to do several areas at once, and may have to dig it out of the closet.

I still get the dents even though I adjusted them, and they even mention the dents in the instructions. I get the idea they are a given...especially if you use it laying down like me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, that's good to know, I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. I misplaced the directions.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Angelfire wrote:
Ok, that's good to know, I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. I misplaced the directions.

Nope...the key thing is to lube it up, place it on your face, and then hit the TEST button and run through the 12 places and make sure you feel the tingle on BOTH sides of your face. If you only feel it on one, you need to adjust the contact point with no feeling.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |