Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Pilates Reformer anyone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!
I noticed Costco has a Stott Pilates Reformer coupon for $500 off and I am considering purchasing, as I now have room in my basement for something other than a yoga mat. It has a cardio board which looks interesting too!

Its a huge investment even with the coupon and I wanted to know if anyone has a reformer at home, and what your thoughts are...do you use it regularly? Are you happy you made the investment?

Previously I was consdering an Aeropilates machine, yet I think the Stott might be a better quality macine. I had a baby 5 months ago and really haven't done anything. Plus, I am noticing my posture isn't getting better with age and I feel stiffer/less flexible. Prior to kids I did pilates and yoga on a mat using videos like Winsor Pilates etc.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreaciated before I take the plunge and make the investment!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I am a lover of the pilates reformer. I have the aeropilates, in fact I have had three(I have upgraded within the last 15 years). I recently sent one of my machines to my son and his wife...they are thrilled. The other one I sold as I upgraded(the value holds, no money lost in the sale). I have never used the Stotts machine but I have ordered the dvds. I wasn't happy with the dvds compared to the ones that are available with the aeropilates. I think machine wise you are looking at a quality machine that will last forever. I will tell you though I spent fourth of that cost and never had any issues with the machines I owned. As far as using a reformer either the areopilates or the Stotts they are the best exercise for a truly toned and feminine body. Nothing has given me the flat stomach that the reformer has...the cardio rebounder is unbelievable! Also the cardio rebounder is a cellulite buster. I stopped the reformer for a year because I got into Zumba. I dearly love Zumba because of the music and dance but it is a far cry from giving me the toned body that pilates gives. My cellulite was so much less with the pilates so I have returned to pilates very recently. If you have the funds for this machine I think you will love it but I don't know that it will deliver any better workout than a three or four hundred dollar machine. This looks like what you are looking at
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11679936
No matter what you choose you will be a happy camper! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby!
I am glad to hear you are having great results. I too have seen the aeropilates on the Shopping Channel (its like QVC for Canada)and was interested. Long story short, my hubby's benefits at work will pay some funds toward durable fitness eqpt and the Stott qualifies...am not sure about the Aeropiltes which is the only reason why I am considering the Stott.

What caught my eye was the cardio 'trampoline' so I am happy to hear that is one component you find great. Plus, its good to know that the cellulite may start to go away!

I may just purchase the Aeropilates DVD's separately and use them with the Stott machine...is there any one or two videos in particular you like out of those available?

Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts - it is very helpful and most appreciated!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
This is my favorite and make sure you get the integrated level 2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT-YhZVQS0Y&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.amazon.com/Stamina-Level-Integrated-AeroPilates-DVD/dp/B002UQ53JA

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
You can never go wrong with the Stott Pilates. Or any Pilate machine for that matter. But Stott is the luxury model. I say go for it. When other exercise fads have come and gone, Pilates will always remain as one of the most enduring forms of exercise.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I am watching QVC this morning with the Pilates Performer. I have used this machine for 15+ years and highly recommend it. I have upgraded to a newer machine and my husband has even gotten into the use of it. One look at Marjolein Brugman arms at 58 will show what can be done. It will be on air tonight from 8:00-9:00 EST....love love this machine Dancing
http://www.qvc.com/AeroPilates-3-Corded-Machine-with-Rebounder-&-2-DVDs-Search-Results.product.F09664.html?sc=F09664-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-8-_-F09664&catentryImage=http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/f/64/f09664.001?$uslarge$&vid=y

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I had a Stott reformer and used it about 5 times. Its easier for me to do Pilates WITHOUT it. Adjusting the dang thing is a PITA. Sold it for $75 just to get it out of my house!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
If anyone would love a reformer but either don't have room or can't afford one (like me!), I find the Stott DVDs using the resistance bands to be excellent.

I must declare that I've never actually tried a reformer before in order to make a comparison, but Moira from Stott explains during the resistance band DVD's that certain exercises are mimicking the effect of a reformer.

I can certainly attest that they work very well indeed. They've toned my arms and legs right up and I'm delighted by the results.

Best of all, they are much more affordable than a reformer itself. And judging by fawnie's post, a heck of a lot easier to use.

Mind you, I still would love to have a go with a reformer, just to see what they're like!

This is the main resistance band DVD I use. Despite it being stated at Level 1, I find it to be pretty effective. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stott-Pilates-Sculpt-Region-Import/dp/B0000X62AE/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1344634904&sr=8-2-fkmr2

The resistance band exercises included in Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Collection DVD are also wonderful for strengthening and toning arms. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Walk-Pounds-Ultimate-Collection-Region/dp/B00265T7O2/ref=sr_1_6?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1344634983&sr=1-6
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
If anyone would love a reformer but either don't have room or can't afford one (like me!), I find the Stott DVDs using the resistance bands to be excellent.

I must declare that I've never actually tried a reformer before in order to make a comparison, but Moira from Stott explains during the resistance band DVD's that certain exercises are mimicking the effect of a reformer.

I can certainly attest that they work very well indeed. They've toned my arms and legs right up and I'm delighted by the results.

Best of all, they are much more affordable than a reformer itself. And judging by fawnie's post, a heck of a lot easier to use.

Mind you, I still would love to have a go with a reformer, just to see what they're like!

This is the main resistance band DVD I use. Despite it being stated at Level 1, I find it to be pretty effective. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stott-Pilates-Sculpt-Region-Import/dp/B0000X62AE/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1344634904&sr=8-2-fkmr2

The resistance band exercises included in Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Collection DVD are also wonderful for strengthening and toning arms. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Walk-Pounds-Ultimate-Collection-Region/dp/B00265T7O2/ref=sr_1_6?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1344634983&sr=1-6

I have both of the above,which are good...in comparing something close to the pilates performer I found this to be the closest to the actual performer/reformer....I take this with me while traveling. I will mention though the pilates performer machine folds up so it doesn't have to take up space all the time.
http://www.gaiam.com/product/coreplus+reformer.do Watch the video on that page...it really is a good workout.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
This is my favorite and make sure you get the integrated level 2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT-YhZVQS0Y&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.amazon.com/Stamina-Level-Integrated-AeroPilates-DVD/dp/B002UQ53JA

Note to self: My dust collecting Aeropilates does not automatically go back and forth.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:

I have both of the above,which are good...in comparing something close to the pilates performer I found this to be the closest to the actual performer/reformer....I take this with me while traveling. I will mention though the pilates performer machine folds up so it doesn't have to take up space all the time.
http://www.gaiam.com/product/coreplus+reformer.do Watch the video on that page...it really is a good workout.

I actually bought something either very similar to or identical to that a few years ago in Canada. However, I've never got around to using it.

I shall now try and dig it out and give it a go! Very Happy

I've come to love resistance exercises. They really do work!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
I saw the aero Pilates on sale at Groupon for $499 if anyone is interested. This includes free shipping.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-aeropilates-pro-xp-556?ab=o&c=all&p=1

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:45 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
I saw the aero Pilates on sale at Groupon for $499 if anyone is interested. This includes free shipping.

Cookie, I am on the edge of buying this!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hey there,

Santa was generous this year... I just rec'd a few days ago the Aero Pilates. This model: http://www.staminaproducts.com/products/product_details.cfm?PID=55-4700A&cat=Pilates

I messaged back and forth with our Toby to determine if I was getting a good model, and a good price. I found this model on e-bay for $499 + free shipping. Seems like a good deal, as you get the stand, and the extra neck support (many of the other models don't come with that).

I have experience with Pilates work on a reformer and was really spoiled by a balanced body allegro reformer at the gym. Which is quite spendy. And I really didn't buy into the rebounder component. This machine is still as not as nice as what I've trained on in the past. But it does the trick. And for the price, you can't go wrong. (DH is going to check and see if he can switch out the wheels to improve the glide.. not sure if that is possible. Should he ever get a day off again.)

Fast forward... as a once upon a time, long, long ago dancer, I've always had pretty flexible and strong feet. I never understood a single person that couldn't wear a 4" heel pain free. Oh boy, has that changed since having twins, and living in flip flops (bad move) But in the last few months I've been really freaked about the pain and stiffness in my feet. Could this be arthritis? SERIOUS pain. Virtually walking flat footed upon waking. I used to be able to sit on top of my feet. That was not happening at all.

Well, can I just say after a few rebounding workouts... working through the foot (which you can not see in the areo pilates workout. She has STIFF feet IMO) My feet are nearly pain free! This is crazy, but they don't hurt anywhere near as bad.

My abs... OH BOY! They are sore! But not painful. I can't wait to report more. I've missed this type of workout for years. I'm feeling pretty blessed to be able to do this at home now.

Many thanks to Toby for the positive info.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

wow... that was a GREAT price... WAY better than the deal I found on ebay...dang!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Claudia so glad you got your aeropilates, as a former dancer you owe it to yourself to have one. I have tried most forms of exercise and hands down the aeropilates helps produce the best looking body...trim, tight, and dancer like. Also you only need to workout 20 min 3-4 times a week...can't beat that!

Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |