Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Vie Collection Mela White Radiance Brightening Essence (150 ml / 5 floz) Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps)
Obagi - Blender and tretonin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bee_g
5% products discount

Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:53 am      Reply with quote
All obagi users,
Have a question on using the blender and retin - a (tretonin). Did you continue to use it for the whole 18 week period or stopped after using it for initial few weeks?
If you did use it for 18 weeks - what was the frequency? every night/alternate night/?
Thanks in advance..
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:58 am      Reply with quote
bee, you use the Blender/Retin A the entire 18 weeks. Once you are done with your 18 weeks, you go on maintenance and that means using the Blender/Retin A anywhere from 2-5 times a week. It will be a little bit of a trial and error game on the maintenance. You want to use it as few times as possible during the week to maintain your results. Hope that helps!
bee_g
5% products discount

Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks rileygirl. That does help.

Bee
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:42 am      Reply with quote
You can not stop using Obagi lines once you get your desired results. Better still, use the product to maintain your results. You won't regret it.

bee_g wrote:
All obagi users,
Have a question on using the blender and retin - a (tretonin). Did you continue to use it for the whole 18 week period or stopped after using it for initial few weeks?
If you did use it for 18 weeks - what was the frequency? every night/alternate night/?
Thanks in advance..
bee_g
5% products discount

Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks.
One more question ..
I will complete my 2 weeks with tonight's PM routine. While my skin tone looks bit better, but the hyper pigmentation patches I have on both of my cheeks seems more prominent. Did anyone experience similar thing?
Thanks in advance.
Bee
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I certainly did, bee. My first time using the Nu Derm, my freckles looked a whole lot darker/worse for a time.

Your hyperpigmentation can definitely appear worse/darker for a short while when first starting the Nu Derm. Hang in there, it will start to fade; it just takes some time. Remember, you are in the "out with the old" cycle right now!
bee_g
5% products discount

Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Rileygirl..you are very helpful..
bee_g
5% products discount

Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl and others, does the peeling reduces after 1or 2 weeks..i peeled vigorously in the first week and few days in the second, but the even those days when I peeled in second week, the extent and intensity of peeling have reduced significantly. Is this something normal? I know in another thread, in reply to my question you said that, some days you will peel and some days not, but as you go on, even when you peel, is it with same intensity?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Bee, it is different for everyone, but usually the peeling gets less and less intense as your skin gets used to the Retin A. That does not mean the system is not working. There are several who hardly have any peeling, but still have great results. All depends on your own skin!
bee_g
5% products discount

Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Good to hear that. Thanks again rileygirl..you rock Smile
lifecoach
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I remember when I first started Obagi in March this year. I stopped wearing heavy make-up and my face peeled badly and went all crinkly.

The looks on my co-workers faces was priceless. My boss kept asking me if I was ill!

Now, over 7 months later my face is just about perfect! I wear a little bit of blusher and lipstick and I am good to go! Obagi in my opinion is a miracle product.
bee_g
5% products discount

Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Lifecoach,
did you peel thorugh out the whole 7 months? Are you still continuing to use nuderm?
lifecoach
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:23 am      Reply with quote
No, I peeled intensly for about 6 weeks and then about 20% of the time on and off for about 18 weeks.

I then went on maintenance after that time (using the range about 3-4 times a week), but have a few more dark marks that I want to get rid of, so have started the whole range again for the next 12 weeks.

I am now peeling again but it is not really noticeable as my skin is not as thick as it was when I first started this journey.
bee_g
5% products discount

Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Ok Ladies,
I have to ask this..
I am in 5th week of my obagi use. Not only I stopped peeling completely, my face is now oily!! I don't know whats going on. I have been using all the products according to protocol. My skin has improved, but most of that improvement happened in the initial 2 weeks during which I peeled.
Anyone else has similar experience? Is this normal?
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:26 am      Reply with quote
bee I think everyone who has used Obagi will agree that you basically look like crap for 4-6 months. All kinds of weird things happen to your skin as it is reinvented by Obagi. I look like I aged 10 yrs, had a sunburn and was molting.
But seriously stick with it - you will love the results when done and make sure you stick the to maintenance or all the hard work will be for nothing. Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Excess oil is normal Bee. I experienced this after a month or so, but keep using the products religiously and your oily skin will normalise over a period of time (about 4-5 weeks).

Don't worry about not seeing results your skin rotates every 6 weeks so once again, you will notice further improvements in a few weeks.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:00 am      Reply with quote
bee_g wrote:
Ok Ladies,
I have to ask this..
I am in 5th week of my obagi use. Not only I stopped peeling completely, my face is now oily!! I don't know whats going on. I have been using all the products according to protocol. My skin has improved, but most of that improvement happened in the initial 2 weeks during which I peeled.
Anyone else has similar experience? Is this normal?

I agree with the other ladies, but what % of Retin A do you use? And, are you using Exfoderm or Exfoderm Forte?
bee_g
5% products discount

Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Ladies.
I use .05% retin a as suggested by the nurse I consulted initially. And I use exfoderm forte.
Bee
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
bee, if you continue with the oily feeling and no flaking for several weeks, you may want to consider bumping up your RA to the highest level.
bee_g
5% products discount

Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I have been thinking about doing that..Will wait till I complete 6 weeks and if this continues then probably i will do that..
Jeffiner13
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Can you put the Retin A on without the blender?
I am new to this, forgive my ignorance.

Also I have been reading more and more about Obagi and I am using it right now. I find that it is working but my results seem to be slower than off the bat. I understand that it will be worse before better but it seems like I am in a plateau with it now. I am sticking to the regimen.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Jeffiner13 wrote:

Also I have been reading more and more about Obagi and I am using it right now. I find that it is working but my results seem to be slower than off the bat. I understand that it will be worse before better but it seems like I am in a plateau with it now. I am sticking to the regimen.

Well, if you are doing Nu Derm, the purpose of the Retin A mixed with the Blender is to help the RA penetrate deeper and to help "blend" pigmentation to give you a more even look

What week of Nu Derm are you on right now, Jeffiner? There are weeks that go by and nothing seems to be happening (meaning nothing visible), but there is a lot of work going on underneath that you can't see. Give more info on your routine, how much of the products you are using, if you are using all the products, etc.
Jeffiner13
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:10 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Jeffiner13 wrote:

Well, if you are doing Nu Derm, the purpose of the Retin A mixed with the Blender is to help the RA penetrate deeper and to help "blend" pigmentation to give you a more even look

What week of Nu Derm are you on right now, Jeffiner? There are weeks that go by and nothing seems to be happening (meaning nothing visible), but there is a lot of work going on underneath that you can't see. Give more info on your routine, how much of the products you are using, if you are using all the products, etc.

I have been on the Nuderm since second week of October. I follow the instructions from the kit.
AM
foaming gel
toner
vit c
clear
exfoderm
sunfader
sunblock (sometimes)

PM
foaming gel
toner
clear
blender/retin A .05%

I have been using the blender and retin A almost everyday, or every other day....if I dont use it it's just the blender I put on. I use the recommended dose, it's usually a toothpaste line (1/2 inch). I was wondering if you can use too much toner though, because that is what seems to be running out quick.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
You are right; the toner runs out really quickly. That is just how it works out. You don't need a huge amount on your cotton pad, but no matter what amount you use, the toner will be your first product to go! Very Happy
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
You are right; the toner runs out really quickly. That is just how it works out. You don't need a huge amount on your cotton pad, but no matter what amount you use, the toner will be your first product to go! Very Happy

Yup, same here. I run out of toner the fastest... (but, I don't think you can overdo it - as it doesn't seem to have a lot of active ingredients...)

Since I order the kit from EDS - and that then comes with a free gift of an additional cleanser - next time I'm thinking of asking if they'd be willing to give me a toner instead of the cleanser. (At the rate I'm going, I'll have waaaaaayyyy too many cleansers...) Either that or I'll have to just switch over to witch hazel. Lots cheaper, definitely!
System
Automatic Message
Mon May 13, 2024 2:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |