Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
What do you use if you are under 25?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Malishka31
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
After reading and reading and reading numerous threads I am getting the feeling that most people who are using a lot of these "hardcore" products are a bit older than myself so there is more need for those things... what do people that are under 25 use? (I am 24)

A lot of things sound good to me but a lot of products are pricey, like vitamin serums, and I have to question if they are truly needed for someone younger?

So, what do you use if you are under 25 or what did you use when you where 25 and under?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I started Retin A when I was in my early 20's, and only WISH that I had stick with it consistently until now (I am 42). But at least I gave up sun at 23.

If I had to do it all over again, I would use Vit C in the mornings before sunscreen (SPF 30 every day), and Retin A at least 3x a week in the eveninga. I would also skip moisturizers, since new research is showing that they can actually cause a decline in the skin's own moisture.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 21 and I use a face brush everyday (there's a post about something similar called the Clarisonic) and I also use a natural cleanser I make myself. Both these things have visably helped my skin.

I don't know much about Retin A but I'm going to make my own vitamin C serum.

Aspirin masks are also something else I want to try, but the most indulgent thing on my list... I'm really curious about the LED lights. I don't know when I'd get one - maybe this year, maybe next year - but it's something I want to try. While googling "LightStim" I found a review on You Tube done by something called "Honey Shed." I don't know if Honey Shed is a TV show or whatever, but all the women on the show looked around 25 and used LED lights on their skin.

The Lips2Kiss thread has got me putting balm on my lips more often, and that's made a difference. Again, it could be a year or two before I fork out the money to buy it, but it's got me thinking.

Keeping it simple though. That seems to be the way to go.
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Malishka31 - I get what you mean by the hardcore products and I guess I do also try to avoid those products targeted at more mature skin (to fight wrinkles etc.)

However that being said, I am also 24 this year and have realized that in these last 2 years, my skin tends to get 'worse' much quickly. In the sense that it's much more sensitive/reactive to factors like sleep/stress and products take longer to show effects (as compared to when I was in the late teen years). My skin also heals much slower and just generally gets harder to take care.

So normal products that used to work for me in the past (like Shiseido Pureness, Haba) does not really bring about any more effects nowadays and I'm also getting more concerned about prevention.

Hence I am starting on to slightly more 'hardcore' brands haha Razz Am currently trying out Sothys. I am still avoiding all specific-problem products but have also added a night cream (from the Sothys Time Interceptor series) as a preventive measure Bad Grin

As for the pricey products like vitamin serums, I think it's very hard to say if it's needed for younger skin or not, it really depends on the individual. I have tried out a few serums and personally I prefer them over the traditional moisturizers as they are not so heavy. Most times in the day I'll stick to a serum (under make-up/sunscreen etc.) and only go for a moisturizing cream at night.

Plus serums come in many types for many purposes, the usual Vit. C and H.Acid serums to enhance hydration as well as the cocktail serums to rebalance the skin, fight aging and all. You really have to try before you'll know what's good for your skin I guess...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
In my early twenties I started using Olay Regenerist Serum. 15 years later I am still using it daily although now not on the whole face, just a thick layer at night in the areas where wrinkles are known to start, on top of of whatever product I am using at the time. I am 36 and am just starting to see the odd small line starting. None if my face is well moisturized. I honestly believe that Olay has helped this and will continue to use it till my dying day. Smile It's not that expensive and can be bought at any local pharmacy.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
I always believe protection is better than recover it. So, vitamin c serum is the best choice to protect free radicle. And regularly exfloiation is required.
Mabsy

Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:41 am      Reply with quote
A vitamin C serum and sunblock (VERY important) for prevention. A regular exfoliator to help aid product absorption and keep the pores clear. Voila! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:00 am      Reply with quote
When I was 25,I only use moisturizer and sunscreen.That's good enough for skin on the peak. Laughing
julian_y
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:10 am      Reply with quote
Some slight anti-ageing ingredients such as green tea, HA, VB3, VE are enough. Sun protection and basic moisturizing are most important. VA, VC, peptides, idebenone are too early for you.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |